Jun Takeuchi "We had no choice but to set RE5 in Africa"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jun Takeuchi "We had no choice but to set RE5 in Africa"

The Capcom blog has put up a new interview with Resident Evil 5's Jun Takeuchi. Apparently because of some "hints" in Code : Veronica, he feels they had no choice but to set the game in Africa.

The video interview can be seen here.

Source : Kotaku

This was pretty much mentioned on the Top Secret Bionic Commando podcast anyway but ithe interview was interesting.

Comment

The virus could have been shipped to another country; would be interesting seeing a common day Japan setting. Oh well, I know it's not logical. ^^

Comment

I really think Africa was the best choice. As I mentioned before, they are basing the viruses off real life super viruses like Ebola and such, which all came from Africa. Besides...I think it would also be thet best place because of what they said about the heat and such all affecting the characters.
        sigpic
        Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

i wuldnt be surprised if we dont finally get to see Ozwell Spencer in this game in a flashback because they did travel to Africa to secure samples of the ebola virus

Comment

One moment, this isn't a new interview... Dot50cal already posted this videointerview 5 days ago...

Comment

Originally posted by Sunglasses View Post
              One moment, this isn't a new interview... Dot50cal already posted this videointerview 5 days ago...
              Yeah, this is the interview from 1UP.com, roughly a week ago...

Comment

Even being an old stuff it is very worth of comment. The chosen of Africa was clearly just a consequence of what was related on other REs. Was about time to Capcom make a game relating to the true origin of the progenitor virus, that as mentioned before has connection with the Ebola. I like this image below cause it show one of the symptom common to the new parasite that will be explained in the game and the Ebola virus, that is the bleeding through the eyes. It makes the game more realistic, and this is great.

Comment

yes i cant wait to find out the whole origins thing, id sort of figured out that was where this game was heading through bits of information i could find

Comment

What I don't understand is why would they mix this parasite thing with the projenitor virus? I mean, that game doesn't need both. Does it mean we might be able to see zombies again, maybe later in the game?

Comment

i think the parasite is just the carrier of the virus, it doesnt neccesarily mean where dealing with the progenitor virus, just merely finding out its origin, this could be a new strain of the virus developed from the progenitor

Comment

That is a definite possibilty. I myself would be interested to see how this parasite was actually discovered and if it indeed is the natural resevoir for the P-Virus...

Comment

the parasite will probably have something to do with the dormant volcano's in the area

Comment

I agree that the Virus or setting was set in the proper place since it was talked about in alot of other games in the series.

Comment

Africa, the continent that holds great secrets and the place were humanity was born. Well today scientysts say that it was born in Australia, but it is another bussines Anyway what place can be better for RE, Only Antarctica maybe but we already have The Thing so it would be a copycat.
                              "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Working...
                              X