No announcement yet.

Jun Takeuchi "We had no choice but to set RE5 in Africa"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh and yes Lisa Trevor was administered the B type variation of the progenitor virus in 1967

Comment

Originally posted by BLSR1 View Post
      Progenitor virus and the mother Virus are 2 different things.
      That's a common misconception actually. The Mother and Progenitor virus are indeed the same virus. The word progenitor simply means the original or earliest ancestor of a species or series of things. So it's the predecessor or "mother" of all the other viruses. In CV Alexander Ashford writes in the file "Alexander's Memo" about how the Mother virus was discovered by Spencer and Edward. (Marcus is not mentioned as to discredit him). In RE0 in the file "Marcus' Diary 1" Marcus talks about the same discoverey and mentions that they named the virus Progenitor. After the discoverey, it seems like Marcus did most of the experimenting with it, and most of the enemies in RE0 are products of Progenitor.

Because Spencer assassinated Marcus, Marcus is effectively written out of Umbrella's history from that point on. This is why he is not mentioned as being involved in the discoverey of Progenitor/Mother in CV, and why Birkin is often credited as the creator of the T-virus instead of Marcus.

Comment

Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
        F*ck political correctness.
        I agree to a point, But I wasnt referring RE's setting to be politically correct, I was saying that its a good place for the setting because of all the hints that lead to Africa as being the ideal place for the "Mother Virus."

Comment

I just hope that they wrap things up with the series and everything is explained.

Comment

As long as the series is as big a cash cow as it is it's unlikely to be wrapped up. Sadly it's very likely the series will have to go into decline before it's truly ended, and even then they might keep trying to drag a few more sales out of it now and then.

Comment

it says in the interview though you will learn the future of the virus and where things will go so no this wont be the last

Comment

Yeah Africa will be a good setting.The turmoil various African countries are going through,I wouldn't be surprised if Chris has to fight normal humans as well as zombies.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                  As long as the series is as big a cash cow as it is it's unlikely to be wrapped up. Sadly it's very likely the series will have to go into decline before it's truly ended, and even then they might keep trying to drag a few more sales out of it now and then.
                  Your probably right. I just hope that we get some info on characters who have been missing in action like Barry and Rebecca. The producers have promised to explain a lot in RE 5 but not everything. I think it is possible to wrap up some questions and leave the game open to sequels. We still know little about Ada and her organization so I hope something is revealed with that.

Comment

I dont think where going to learn of the organisation this time, its going to be what happened to umbrella and STARS

Comment

Originally posted by TheOrganization View Post
                      I dont think where going to learn of the organisation this time, its going to be what happened to umbrella and STARS
                      The funny thing is we know what happened to Umbrella, they where brought to try and found gulity. Plus Wesker stole all the files from their computer and erased the data. As far as STARS well it hard for them to be around when everyone is dead or missing plus the fact that the city was nuked.

Comment

When it says about finding out about the demise of umbrella i think where finally gonna see ozwell spencer and find out whats happening to him

Comment

Working...
                        X