• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it wasn't that bad.
    You're kidding, right?
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Funny how out of everythign I said all that gets noticed is four words *rolls eyes*

*CUE ANTI FANBOY RANT*
      You obviously haven't heard how bad voice acting can get then, some people should pull their fingers out their fanboy arses and just be thankful you're even getting a bloody game with voice acting but hey, I suppose if people prefer a canadian doing a terrible accent and laughing maniacally half the time, petition for Weskers voice to be replaced, see how far that gets you.

I still think Douglas didn't do that bad a job all things considered and I generally hate RE voice acting.
      *END RANT*

Comment

Uh yeah, the man loves his rants. (Cue another one now :p) The pseudo British accent was no different than the ones Kelsey Grammer or David Hyde Pierce used in Frasier, so I don't see the problem there. It certainly wasn't perfect, but it was competent.

Anyway, something about moving the production to LA doesn't add up. The RE4 voice cast was primarily American, and only Cahill and Waugh were Canadian. Likewise for Zero actually, so this tells me that either Waugh got greedy or it's just another questionable Capcom decision.

EDIT:

Despite preferences, I think the fact that there is a debate about the voice cast of a game with a b-movie plot is a tad funny. Especially with the twists we've seen throughout the years that rendered it a big mess.
        Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 06-28-2008, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
          I think really they should do what Konami did with MGS4, fully close all chapters and move onto something else. *With any luck*.

I dont think theres anything wrong with Douglas' portrayal, it wasn't that bad.
          Besides, it'd cost Capcom more to pay Waugh to travel to LA to do the voice acting there then it would hiring someone from the bloody state to do the voice to begin with.

I can't see why everyone got so attached to someone with a horrendous british accent thats sounds as bad as a Bond villain on crystal meth with a log shoved up his arse.
          I think it has a lot to do with Americans. I can see how a British person could easily discover a fake accent and be disgusted by it; an American playing the game might not pick it up so easily, and thus could enjoy it more...I dunno, just my reasoning

Personally, I really liked Waugh's voice and I'm sad to see him replaced by a sound-alike.

Comment

Originally posted by Corrin View Post
            I think it has a lot to do with Americans. I can see how a British person could easily discover a fake accent and be disgusted by it; an American playing the game might not pick it up so easily, and thus could enjoy it more...I dunno, just my reasoning
            Actually, you somewhat nailed it on the head there to an extent.

Comment

Working...
            X