X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wesker...
    T_T

Comment

If you asking me ( which your not but i don care ) , D.C Douglass did a great job on wesker BUT we were addicted to Waugh's voice SO we think it's bad , but IF D.C Douglass was doing wesker's voice from the first ( like waugh did ) it could have been one of best VA in RE history !

Comment

I certainly wasn't addicted to Weskers voice.
        That would, be creepy :p.

I preferred his REmake VA to be honest, but even that wasn't that great.
        You'd think for Capcom's biggest app they would put a bigger budget towards voice acting.
        RE2 and 4 were probably the best in terms of acting.

Comment

Can someone tell me in what exactly games Waugh voised Wescer?
          "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

It's a shame...

Richard Waugh at Fanime 08

From left to right: Richard Waugh, Daniel Southworth, and Reuben Langdon

Wesker autographed by Waugh!!!!!!!!
            Last edited by Sunglasses; 06-18-2008, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Cool, man that is really cool. Damn I wish I was there... but I was not. You are one lucky person
              "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad9026 View Post
                Cool, man that is really cool. Damn I wish I was there... but I was not. You are one lucky person
                I wasn't there (I'm from Italy )... the lucky one is the animeish's writer
                Last edited by Sunglasses; 06-18-2008, 05:22 AM.

Comment

Well animeish's writer is god damn lucky then Anyway the fact that you are from Italy does not matter that you could not visit that event. There are a lot of crazy fans that can visit diffrent countrys in order to be closer to their favorite franchise I even know a couple myself. Anyway cool picture. So can someone answer in what RE games exactly Richard Waugh was working as Wescer's voise?

Comment

Yup Nemesis, Claire and Ada are the only two characters that had the same actor in the series.

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                    I think his point was he doesn't care about the voices so long as the game content is good.
                    Clearly, but there's a stretch in a Capcom game, especially RE as far as narrative quality. Consistency at least would be good.

The company doesn't care about quality. For example, English translators that they hire in Japan are told that they might be required to do VA. First used in Outbreak too.

Comment

@Nomad
                      Richard Waugh has been the voice of Albert Wesker in Wesker's Report (promo DVD), CV, RE0, RE4.

Comment

i still like Wesker's Voice in the Umbrella Chronicles!!!!

By the way, Ada (and i think nemesis too) doesn't have the same Voice actress in all games... in the Umbrella Chronicles is a different actress. Sally Cahill was only in RE2 and RE4.

Comment

They mess up the identity of the characters when they change their voices all the time. And that is very unfair with fans who get used to some character's voice...

The reason for the change is: MONEY.
                          Everybody's got a price. Richard's price, no matter what it is, I think it's worth to be paid. He's loved by fans. Capcom is always releasing RE4 again and again, why can't they just use this "extra" money in order to keep the same voice actors?
                          Last edited by Red Queen; 06-18-2008, 08:21 AM.
                          http://www.residentevildatabase.com
                          Follow us on Twitter: @residentevildb

Comment

cause, at the end of the day, no matter how we complain about the game (the content, how they change something, the voice actors, etc.) we are gonna buy it anyway!!
                            Last edited by RE-Hiro; 06-18-2008, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RE-Hiro View Post
                              cause, at the end of the day, no matter how we complain about the game (the content, how they change something, the voice actors, etc.) we are gonna buy it anyway!!
                              Exactly. They should be more thankful for that. ¬¬'
                              http://www.residentevildatabase.com
                              Follow us on Twitter: @residentevildb

Comment

Originally posted by Umon Daisuke View Post
                                Yup Nemesis, Claire and Ada are the only two characters that had the same actor in the series.
                                Does Nemesis even count? He says all of 2 words in RE3 (one's technically a growl), and his UC version sounds nothing like the original.

So yeah, so far it's just Claire (but she also voiced Yoko in OB, who I think got a different VA in OB2, so I don't count on her returning)
                                Last edited by JcFFx; 06-18-2008, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X