No announcement yet.

Richard Waugh not voicing Wesker in RE5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually find this quite funny beause I generally play games with low sound or no sound and subtitles when available so voice actors never made the character to me. Not to mention when reading a book or comic based on the game I know who the character is and imagine what they should sound like which is a different interpretation from any voice actor. Im really just happy if they look and act the same.

Besides I really liked wesker from the original when chris laughed at him and he sounded like he was going to cry.

Comment

-
      Last edited by LeechCharmer; 03-08-2009, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JcFFx View Post
        Does Nemesis even count?
        That was my response to forum member Nemesis556 As in "yes, Nemesis556".

Ada is voiced by the same actor in both RE2 and 4. Forgot her name..
        Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 06-18-2008, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Since we are speaking of the voice actors, I have interviewed Sally Cahill, Ada Wong's voice actress on RE2 and RE4. She's soooooo nice! *___*

The problem is: I speak in portuguese all the time, so please ignore my terrible voice [I keep translating what she says, because my website and my podcast are in portuguese] and focus on her parts only. Ok? ;)

4shared is a perfect place to store your pictures, documents, videos and files, so you can share them with friends, family, and the world. Claim your free 15GB now!

The intro was gently recorded by her as well, that's the special intro of this special edition to my fansite's podcast.

Hope you guys like it.

P.S.: If I've posted that in the wrong place or if I could not post it here at all, I apologize in advance to all admins and moderators...
          http://www.residentevildatabase.com
          Follow us on Twitter: @residentevildb

Comment

D.C Douglas is fucking horrible.

Interest in RE5 drains by the day now, ugh.
            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

-
              Last edited by LeechCharmer; 03-08-2009, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Hi guys! Just fyi there's a petition going around, if you're irked enough about this to bother.

I was at Fanime too. At the time Mr. Waugh only said he'd heard a rumor someone else was voicing Wesker in RE5, though I guess whoever did this interview either got more info out of him or has another source. Anyway, not only is his voice acting awesome, he's a super cool dude who seems to really enjoy the character. It's a real shame Capcom's dropped him.

P.S. Yeah, first time poster here, though I've been lurking a while. Howdy.

Comment

Count on my support for that petition. I've already signed and put the link for it on my site!

Leech, it was like 10 years looking for Sally... 10 years! You start looking at here and there until you find something. I'm very persistent, so..... I still have hope to find Inezh someday... And I won't give up!
                  http://www.residentevildatabase.com
                  Follow us on Twitter: @residentevildb

Comment

an Inezh interview would be the funniest thing ever.
                    Good luck getting it, it would be awesome. :p

Comment

Man, Sally’s voice is just awesome, a listened the Red Queen interview with her and I’ve got ruffled all time Sally says something. Keep on the good work Red Queen.
                      Last edited by Byzz; 06-18-2008, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunglasses View Post
                        It's a shame...

Richard Waugh at Fanime 08

From left to right: Richard Waugh, Daniel Southworth, and Reuben Langdon

Wesker autographed by Waugh!!!!!!!!
                        ;_; that's awesome. I wish I had that!

But yeah...I think Waugh was the best Wesker voice. I understand Capcom has its reasons, but sometimes its best to leave things alone. Even if they didn't like Waugh's voice for UC or any future RE games, the fans generally like Waugh. They should have at least kept Waugh for UC and see how well the fans reacted to it before completely changing it. Fans typically don't respond well to change. Even if money was an issue, I doubt keeping one voice actor would cause them to go bankrupt.

I liked the example about the Metal Gear games. Fans would go ape shit if David Hayter wasn't asked back to do Snake's voice. I know I would be.
                        sigpic
                        Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad9026 View Post
                          Can someone tell me in what exactly games Waugh voised Wescer?
                          RE CV, 0 and 4. Remake was a different voice actor.

Comment

I hate the hammy voice actor for Wesker introduced since Code Veronica and whom was also used in Zero. The more 'realistic', for wants of a better word, actor in remake was far better, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
                              I liked the example about the Metal Gear games. Fans would go ape shit if David Hayter wasn't asked back to do Snake's voice. I know I would be.
                              I, personally, would applaud the decision. His performances have gotten progressively worse with each game.

Comment

i second that archelon

Comment

Working...
                                X