Forum changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum changes

First and foremost, the forums are again open for registration. We wont be closing them anytime soon so you can register without fear.

K5 and I have just gone through the forum changing some things around. Ill explain some of the things now so you know whats going on:

- We have added a new user group. "Trusted Member" is for people who we trust in the community. This is given to people who have shown maturity and generally are a good member of the community.

Members in this group have a "Trusted Member" title underneath their name. People in this catagory can PM me to request a custom title instead of this.

You can see a list of those users here:
    http://www.the-horror.com/forums/showgroups.php

We have made is so only "Trusted Members" can access the member exclusive forum. This is two fold, One to ensure that the proper respected people get access to our content first and secondly so one post people or worse, spammers gain access to this content.

Please dont request to be made into a "Trusted Member". This is a privelage that is gained by someone. Act respectable and be active in the community.If you feel you are being neglected by this you can PM me and Ill talk with you about it.

Any "Trusted Members" sharing the content inside the Members forum will be stripped of their title and possibly banned. Please dont abuse this.

- We also added a banned members list, to which one user currently has been added.

- There are now four user titles.

Un-Equipped - 0 to 10 posts
    Equipped - 10 to 30 posts
    Member - 30 to 200 posts
    Senior Member - 200 to ~ posts

Of course, Trusted Member status over-rides this and those users can request a custom title by PM'ing me.

We also will soon be enacting a new user group "News Poster". Certain members of the community who have been known for a while and can be trusted to post good, well thought out news will be selected for this.

They will be able to post news on the site so that THIA can become even faster on news posting.

Anyone wishing to apply for this please PM me, Ill always reply but please dont feel bad if you are turned down. I know we have a few members here who I respect very much but simply wouldnt be a good news writer.
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 10-09-2005, 10:01 PM.

i feel so special :cool:

Comment

excellent, kudos for putting so much thought and effort into this forum. LONG LIVE THIA this time!

Comment

You mean I lose my Rub My Belly title?!

Wait... Grace was banned? Wasn't she the one who posted about Clock Tower? What happened to her?

Comment

I can put it back, If you want

As for Grace..Id really rather not discuss it after this. The person is a male. He were banned (again) after he spammed my email address for a second time. Lets not speak about it again, lest he join up and post about how unfair it was.

Comment

It's good to see you guys are putting so much effort into this instead of half-assing it like others would do. Cheers to you guys.

Comment

Well it seems to have helped, Were now getting a lot more posts than before

Comment

Indeed. Oh, you know what you guys should do? You should make the people who want to apply to be a news poster write a short "fake" news story about RE. It can be about a certain RE game, or just RE in general. That way you can tell if the person is up to the task of news posting. Plus it would be a cool little thing to do.

Comment

its a news poster position.. not secretary of defence lol

why the auditioning ? its not that hard

Comment

Well, what I really mean is that it could be a fun thing to do is all. It'd be funny reading peoples "news". But also, posting news is probably harder then you think. And you don't really want some guy with bad grammer and spelling going around and posting "omg! resi evil 4 cam out 2day! LOLZ!!!1"

Comment

i dunno, if you ask me its not a tough 'job' . You just have to go through a dozen or so websites, then post what you find in simple words. No fancy english required, and no rOxxOrs english required either :p

Comment

i red on rehorrar that n itlian haxer haxed out videoz from teh disk. clickerhere to reed it http://

Originally posted by Malice
                        [B]Well, what I really mean is that it could be a fun thing to do is all. It'd be funny reading peoples "news". But also, posting news is probably harder then you think. And you don't really want some guy with bad grammer and spelling going around and posting "omg! resi evil 4 cam out 2day! LOLZ!!!1"
                        Last edited by Dot50Cal; 10-10-2005, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal
                          i red on rehorrar that n itlian haxer haxed out videoz from teh disk. clickerhere to reed it http://

best .. news.. post.. EVER :mad: :eek: ;) :confused:

Comment

Working...
                          X