Capcom promising a "big RE5 reveal" at E3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capcom promising a "big RE5 reveal" at E3

With the rumors surrounding a possible time exclusivity for the xbox 360 thanks to a major money hat from Microsoft, this could be something interesting.

Speaking to VG247 this morning, a rep from Capcom stated:

“The next western world [media] drop will be to coincide with E3. We’ve got our press conference. At CAPTIVATE08 we told everyone that we would have some big things to reveal at E3. It’s our main game there.”
    Source : Videogame 24/7

-
    Last edited by LeechCharmer; 03-08-2009, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Hopefully the news is that RE5 was just a dream and an RE2 remake is on the way with an RE 1.5 bonus disc packed in.

Some new RE5 info would be good too, I suppose.

Comment

...if we wish it were so Galactic then maybe, just maybe, a fairy with brutally assault the Capcom staff until it happens.

Still, it'll be good to her some fresh info and maybe lay some of those nagging questions to rest. Not, you know, all of them. Otherwise what's the point of the game? But a few new bits of tasty info would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
          With the rumors surrounding a possible time exclusivity for the xbox 360 thanks to a major money hat from Microsoft, this could be something interesting.

Speaking to VG247 this morning, a rep from Capcom stated:

Source : Videogame 24/7
          What's this "timed exclusivity rumor" all about? I've never even heard of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Corrin View Post
            It's a lie. Sven denied it in the official forum.

Comment

E3 is geting closer and closer every day and so as RE5 And if this 360 exlusivity would appear to be true I'am gona kill someone, most likely some of the RE Capcom developers
              "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

The only reason they would release the 360 version first is if the PS3 version was, for some reason, giving them problems. But it's unlikely at this point.

Comment

just some rumor that MS have given capcom a huge amount for timed exclusivity for RE5 on the 360.

Comment

RE5 better not be exclusive for the 360 because Playstation started Resident Evil! It doesn't make any sense. And If RE5 is the main game for Capcom in E3, then we should hear loads of new info including an official release date. I'm tired of this before March 09 bs. And where's my running zombies!!

Comment

Originally posted by revil5 View Post
                      RE5 better not be exclusive for the 360 because Playstation started Resident Evil! It doesn't make any sense.
                      *cough*REmake*cough*RE:Zero*cough*

Comment

Originally posted by doomed View Post
                        *cough*REmake*cough*RE:Zero*cough*
                        That was OK because it had better graphics and gameplay. C'mon everyone wanted to play the REmake and loved it. I have all of em! Still wanting a REmake for RE2 though.

Comment

yeah a remake for 2 would be awesome

Comment

RE 5 will be on both systems cause capcom are money whores and need as much money as they can get,

Comment

Given recent exaggerations, I'd say it's likely going to be something minor in the lines of having a guest character in the game or whatnot. Remember that Lost Planet for PS3 was allegedly "big news that will please PS3 owners". Don't get your hopes up.

I've heard that exclusivity rumour on an off from a time to time for a while. It never bore fruit, and given DMC4's phenomenal sales that surpassed targets, a multiplatform release stands as Sven stated. The PS3 version actually outsold the 360 one worldwide by 100K or so, thanks to Japan (better than DMC3).

Comment

Working...
                              X