No announcement yet.

Capcom promising a "big RE5 reveal" at E3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sven clarified the "exclusivity" issue twice in fact, reiterating a simultaneous multiplatform release.

But since we're on the subject, the only console code that's been shown running in public is the 360 one. The MT Framework's development cycle is primarily done on PC's up to 60%, then moved to console hardware. Due to CPU similarity, it was easier to port the code to the 360 in time for showing.

Like DMC4, it's safe to assume that we'll see nearly identical versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Umon Daisuke View Post
      Sven clarified the "exclusivity" issue twice in fact, reiterating a simultaneous multiplatform release.

But since we're on the subject, the only console code that's been shown running in public is the 360 one. The MT Framework's development cycle is primarily done on PC's up to 60%, then moved to console hardware. Due to CPU similarity, it was easier to port the code to the 360 in time for showing.

Like DMC4, it's safe to assume that we'll see nearly identical versions.
      Speaking of Devil May Cry 4, I played the demo of the game on the 360 and PS3...at the same time! I just switched it back and forth between the two to check out the differences. The only difference I really could find was that the PS3 was darker or more vibrant looking. I also felt the SIXAXIS felt better controlling the game than the 360 controller.

...sorry to get off topic, guys!

Umm...Resident Evil 5 looks like it'll be one of the top games this (next?) year!
      Last edited by Corrin; 06-27-2008, 05:02 PM.

Comment

The differences are minor, and in motion, you can barely tell them apart (it's more apparent in stills). The biggest difference is that the PS3 cutscenes run at 60fps, while the 360 one runs at 30fps.

Of course, the PC version is going to wipe the floor with both graphically with its 120fps cutscenes.. and I'm sad to say, content wise (new difficulty and Turbo mode).

Bodes well for an inevitable RE5 PC port. After all, it's not hard or time consuming as previous generations of hardware.

Comment

Working...
        X