My broadband plan is upgraded!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My broadband plan is upgraded!

I'm really happy, because my service provider (iiNet) has upgraded my plan from 4GB onpeak/4GB offpeak to 8GB onpeak/15GB offpeak, at no extra charge! It's still $80 a month, which is really good. The connection speed is 8,000k (8mbit).

What sort of a plan do you have?
    Last edited by Helegad; 07-02-2008, 03:58 AM.

1mbps connection for about 60 USD, though it rarely ever does reach said connection speed. D:
    Seibu teh geimu?
    ---

Comment

Mine's 8,000k (which would be 8mbps), and it really depends on what website you're downloading from. I've reached speeds of about 500kbps on BitTorrent with enough seeders.

Comment

Well good for you then, since you have a reliable ISP. :/
        Seibu teh geimu?
        ---

Comment

I don't :p

Switched from AOL's 8mb Broadband which was extremely unreliable and messed with the phoneline amongst other things, to Sky Broadbands, 15mb Broadband to complement the satellite package.
          Its decent, most the time provided no one gets throttled.
          But it cuts off alot *even without downloading and whatnot*

Pretty unreliable for online play -_-.
          Which was why I had it upgraded in the first place *But im only paying £10 a month for it as part of a bigger package*

Comment

Satalite based internet has fast download times but horrible upload times which is why it makes it almost impossible to play online without lag (unless you're playing checkers online @ Yahoo )

Comment

Figured my broadband was cable based like the other UK based ones as whenever theres a cockup at the local phone exchange 200 metres down the road the net goes dead.
              The satelitte thing makes more sense though, usually I can play an hour or 2 at best on Team Fortress 2 then end up being prematurely booted *which sucks as I like high number games and by the time I try and log on again to re-enter a game some prick's taken my place*.

Comment

I haven't had my connection cut off at all so far... iiNet must be pretty reliable. I'm happy!

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
                  I haven't had my connection cut off at all so far... iiNet must be pretty reliable. I'm happy!
                  iiNet are pretty reliable, we've been using them for about two years now with minimal problems. I'm wondering why you got the upgrade free though - I'm only on 10gb/10gb on/off peak for about 60 a month, and I aint using the phone line with iiNet either.

I WANT A FREE UPGRADE.

Internet with download quotas is so lame. I hear it's non-existant outside of Australia. I wish it was the same deal here =(

Comment

We got a 120gb monthly bandwidth limit, on AOL it originally was 200GB but with the fair play policies all the ISP's took up here, AOL went down to 30GB without notifying its customers and instead throttled a good 60% of their UK customers and switched the exchange lines from the UK to India *causing alot of connection problems throughout London*, again without telling its customers.

Comment

$35 a month for unlimited internets.

Comment

Unlimited Internet is a scam, you just haven't reached your unknown bandwidth limit.
                        Trust me, every ISP has one.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                          Unlimited Internet is a scam, you just haven't reached your unknown bandwidth limit.
                          Trust me, every ISP has one.
                          I wonder what mine would be? As it's Virgin Media and its 'unlimited'.

Probably a stupid question, if it is 'unlimited' and I reach this 'limit', what would happen?
                          Finally playing 1.5. Woo-Hoo!!!

sigpic

Comment

If I have one, then it must be a few hundred gigabytes. I can go through 20~25 GB a week transferring files between friends.
                            Last edited by Project Omega; 07-03-2008, 08:29 PM.

Comment

I have a 5m USB extension cable, some hooks along the roof, and a USB wi fi reciever. I sit in the bedroom, and run the line out to my back balcony. All over Japan I find unsecured wireless networks. I guess there are so many businesses here that offer it. I can get downloads of up to 600kbps on some popular torrents. I haven't paid for internet in about a year. I'm sure going to miss it when I return to Australia, because Australia's broadband sucks hard, thanks to a government that didn't give a shit about it. At all. They sold the publicly owned telecommunications infrastructure to a private company, and gave them no incentive or bonus to upgrade, which is why it's so stagnant.
                              Then they offered the shares back for sale, which bottomed out, so no one has any faith to invest further in Australia's broadband infrastructure. Thanks John Howard! /rant
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X