Ugo.com's Resident Evil 5 interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugo.com's Resident Evil 5 interview

Among other things, quick time events during cut scenes return.

Q: When you’re bringing a game to the next generation of consoles what sort of changes to the game itself are you making to take advantage of the hardware?

A: The next-gen consoles allow you to do a lot of things with polygons and things like that, but one of the things that the next-gen consoles have allowed us to do that we haven’t done before is in creating bright, outdoor environments. So now we can use all kinds of different filters and improved lighting systems and make those environments much more realistic.
    Source : Ugo. If the Ugo link doesn't work you can read a transcript of the interview here as well.

Takeuchi already spoken about QTE return during the Captivate Gametrailers Interview, here.
    Last edited by Sunglasses; 07-03-2008, 12:01 PM.

Comment

I hope coop is what they will announce at E3. A friend can sure help you in the difficult parts of the game. (Which from the number of enemies... the whole game!)

Oh, and as far as the pressing those on screen buttons during cutscenes, Takeuchi said they will add more of that. I hate tapping the buttons rapidly. I'm no good at it
      Last edited by Dot50Cal; 07-06-2008, 08:32 AM.

Comment

As much as I was a fan of QTE in Shenmue, and even though it worked to a degree in RE4, overusing it in RE5 will detract from the game itself, especially with casual/mainstream gamers accustommed to dropping the controller every 5 mins a cutscene comes around.

Comment

Am I the only one that doesn't like the idea of co-op? To me its just...not appealing.
          sigpic
          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
            Am I the only one that doesn't like the idea of co-op? To me its just...not appealing.
            I'm with you, no coop in the main story

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
              especially with casual/mainstream gamers accustommed to dropping the controller every 5 mins a cutscene comes around.
              Like me . I'm not a very good fan of QTE, I'm not as fast as they need to be pressed. I learn not to drop the controller in RE4 in the hard way... I loose many times by leaving the controller right next to me to pay full attention to the cut scene...

Comment

Finally.. all those hours of playing QTE Title in Shenmue have paid off!

Though the thing that got me in QTE Title was the fake QTE - you know when the pad comes up and then quickly goes down. I hope they don't have any of those in RE5...

Comment

it wasnt that bad, the hardest one was prob the krauser part and that wasnt that hard.

Comment

I thought the part with Krauser was annoying since they were talking...and when you are trying to focus on the next attack its not always easy to really listen to what they are saying the first time around.
                    sigpic
                    Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

The fact that Chris won't leave Africa during the game make me think that non playable cutscene will be present in RE5...

Comment

A: We may have things like finding new routes by breaking down a wall, but the main way that is going to be used in gameplay is to take away the safe spots for the player. So a player goes into a building and hides behind a wall thinking, “Oh, thank God, I’m safe,” but they’ll actually see the environments get knocked down and eliminate the hiding places. That’ll increase the amount of fear they’ll experience in the game.
                        Now this is what I like to hear. MGS4 was meant to do this. Hopefully RE5 does it well.
                        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                          As much as I was a fan of QTE in Shenmue, and even though it worked to a degree in RE4, overusing it in RE5 will detract from the game itself, especially with casual/mainstream gamers accustommed to dropping the controller every 5 mins a cutscene comes around.
                          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

i like QTE, it keeps the player on their toes so you constantly have to be prepared, i'm not for the idea of co op in the main game thouhg, this should be for a mini game

Comment

It would be fun for me to play co-op with some people, I have some in mind, but if it's compulsory to HAVE a A.I. with you, I'm a bit turned off by that.

Comment

Working...
                              X