No announcement yet.

I'm Happy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I live in Scotland, and Marvel are making the new Avengers movie in my city of Edinburgh right now. I'm signed up to an extras agency, so my wee sister and I are just waiting patiently for that all important call so we can come along, and see the action!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaneco View Post
      Also, pretty happy to see TheSelfishGene & Dot50Cal are still alive, lol! Cheers!
      Yep I'm still here - I really liked RE7 and hoped more people would return though. Good luck getting work soon

Originally posted by BSAA . Org View Post
      Well, I live in Scotland, and Marvel are making the new Avengers movie in my city of Edinburgh right now. I'm signed up to an extras agency, so my wee sister and I are just waiting patiently for that all important call so we can come along, and see the action!
      I didn't know anyone from the forum was from Edinburgh. I visited for the festival last year and looooooved it
      sigpic

Comment

• I'm not sure what is going on with the casting of extras now. Apparently, Marvel and Disney didn't want to obtain supporting artistes from any Scottish agencies (like Universal Extras) due to people messing them around with World War Z several years ago. The extras showed up primarily to see Brad Pitt, and his wife, but once they knew there was a lot of nothingness going on as well, they bailed, showing their lack of commitment. One thing I hate about Universal Extras is that they often post up misleading "casting" information. They don't name the productions they are supposedly casting extras in, but they always put up an ad on the jobs board and when they are snubbed behind the scenes, they just leave the ad as it is, probably not to look stupid, and it never gets updated to include the select jobs, because it isn't happening. The ads just eventually expire and people who aren't a detective like me who do their own research, likely won't know why the heck no jobs are being made available. I'm always finding out things on my own from social media due to how secretive the agencies are about what they are working on. So a phone call asking them a lot of questions won't get you anywhere either.

OK. I get that the crew were angry, but it ain't fair on my country as a whole. Would you stop using America and use Canada instead? No. There are a lot of wannabe actors in my town who actually want to be involved. It seems they are just booking extras from London based firms now, according to the Daily News. This is so sad. They don't mind using Scotland to shoot their movie, yet they snubbed us as extras. It's a good thing though we are getting a studio built here by the end of 2018 (although it's still far away).

Comment

Working...
        X