Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *UPDATE* New ResidentEvil.com "Count Up"

THIA Staff

Default *UPDATE* New ResidentEvil.com "Count Up"

*Update*
    After some hacking around in the swf, I've found numerous flash files which seem to load as the days go on. They are as follows:
    http://www.residentevil.com/phase1.swf
    http://www.residentevil.com/phase2.swf
    http://www.residentevil.com/phase3.swf

Phase 2 shows a couple of soldiers (in a satellite view) fighting various villagers, with their muzzle flashes showing up on the radar. Phase 3, however, shows an interesting battle with what appears to be a mutated created (perhaps the cloaked one seen in the latest scans?). The team of six fight against it, in an area called "Warehouse", while issuing various radio calls. The names of two of the team members are revealed in the .mp3 files for this as Jason and Kirk. Towards the end, they can be heard calling for backup as the creature lumbers towards them and seems to begin mutating. I should also note that one of the mp3 files sounds like a man confirming his name to be Brad, but I cannot be sure as the squelch is right near it.

*End Update*

Thanks to revil5 for the heads up. It seems as if Capcom's Resident Evil website, http://www.residentevil.com , has now been updated with yet another count up. This time counting up to the number "1216144800".

What will happen when the counter reaches that number? Perhaps a new section of the website will open up like it did last time we had a flash counter. Currently the counter is progressing at one number a second, which means that it should reach the 1216144800 in about 69 hours (a little under 3 days).

The new flash, this time probably shows us the village in Africa that Chris and company might be going fighting in through a BSAA satellite. It switches from normal optics to thermal imaging. The white specks are probably the villagers.

Like with the other flash video Capcom put up, a few weeks back. The closer the count up reaches it's target, the more events that will change in the current flash video.
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 07-12-2008 at 05:54 PM.

Sadistic Medicine

I love the satellite feed...first a camera, not this. Should be interesting to see what happens when the times match.

War Horse Uranium

Oooh Hacking time...

THIA Staff

Hell yeah!

http://www.residentevil.com/countdown_P.swf

Stuff located in Phase 1 :

Spoiler:

Stuff located in Phase 2 :

Spoiler:

Stuff located in Phase 3 :

Spoiler:
    Last edited by Project Omega; 07-12-2008 at 06:03 PM.

War Horse Uranium

Yeah, updated the OP hehe.

Edit: Ok, all updated Try not to add the specific URL links though, since everyone can view all that themselves on phasex.swf. It'd clutter the main page otherwise. Nice work PO
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 07-12-2008 at 05:48 PM.

THIA Staff

Yeah, I know it just makes it easier to download if I have a direct link to work with

Sadistic Medicine

Very interesting hacks....so Chris and Sheva aren't the only ones investigating the area. We learned from one of the wallpapers that they were in contact with someone else...perhaps he is one of them.

War Horse Uranium

This seems like it could be the first BSAA team. Maybe its what prompt's them to send two lone agents into the area to find out what happened to the team? I'd be willing to bet that dude on the "wallpaper" is one of the survivors of the original team. Sounds like they are mirroring RE1 in a way

Sadistic Medicine

Very true. It probably could also help explain Chris's "Casulties have mounted" since he is apart of a new group...And its not like they can just rush into an investigation anywhere and expect to come out with everyone alive. I'm really starting to get interested in the rest of BSAA. Obviously it is a large Organization...I wonder what exactly Chris's status is within the group.

#30 Birkin Type 2 TheOrganization's Avatar

Sheva is probably stationed there or sent there already and chris is sent in to meet up with her

THIA Staff

I like the use of the infrared beacons used to tell the friendlies from the hostiles... It feels like I'm playing call of duty 4 again

No. I believe that that is just the team that was sent WITH Chris.
    If they were sent first, why would the villagers still be acting normal towards Chris when he comes in later then? Wouldn't they have attacked him as if he was with them in the fight since?

This is the BSAA team sent with him fighting. However, Chris would be elsewhere, and you constantly hear "We have lost contact with-".

I think they have lost contact with Chris.
    And Sheva was in the village ever since, since she was born in Africa was probably there already(she is NOT sent by the US BSAA).

Yeah i knew she wasn't sent by the US BSAA because she's part of the africa branch.
    I just thought that maybe with us seeing an image of a downed helicopter, this is part of her team or maybe the guy we saw in one of the images on the website

That can be possible.
    But after they kill them, why do they almost welcome Chris when Chris comes?
    If Chris came after the other Branch members were killed, then they would have attacked Chris the moment they saw him, and seemingly, he is alone and unarmed in the Village Main as well.

But they don't even lay a finger on him. Until HE witnesses the infecting of one of the villagers.

War Horse Uranium

Maybe they are programmed to only attack someone when they perceive them as a threat? It makes sense to me, anyway.
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 07-12-2008 at 07:06 PM.

Well i guess we won't know properly until the game comes out

#30 Birkin Type 2

Weeeeeeeeeell... my first post or whatever, I'm sorry if I wright with ortographic mistakes, it's just that... I speak spanish, so I just know the basics for english.
    Well, I can't wait any more for this new trailer, or whatever it is. Ho! and I almost forgot, thank you, thank you all for all your amaizing hipotesis, they realy are helping me get a whole idea of what RE5 will look like and what it will be about.

Mad Jackal

Interesting to see that while that fight is going on (phase 3), there are other enemies around other parts of the village. They don't try and gank the BSAA.

Also, there could be more BSAA agents, it's just that they can't be thermally tracked (ie. dead).

I think the other villagers have been warned to not interfere/open any doors or any entrances/exits to the WareHouse.

So while they can hear the screams and the firing, they are ignoring it all as if nothing is happening and are leaving it up to the Executioner.

They are probably ordered to stay away by the Executioner or the Megaphone man.

And why am I constantly thinking that while that happens, Chris is elsewhere and they are calling him but connection is lost and that is is night-time?

Banned

I'm guessing these are from before Chris is sent in and the enemies in this game are mind controlled like the Ganados of RE4. That's why they aren't attacking yet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information