Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*UPDATE 2* Resident Evil 5 - Release Date, Live Demo, Trailer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *UPDATE 2* Resident Evil 5 - Release Date, Live Demo, Trailer!

*UPDATE 2*
    Gamersyde has a new trailer up for RE5, and Gamespot has some new screenshots and a preview!
    Gamespot Screens
    Gamespot Preview
    Gamersyde Trailer!

Some highlights from the trailer include:
    • New character introduced, seemingly a bad guy
    • Humvee carrying Sheva and some soldiers drives through a desolate village, with soliders bodies all over
    • Humvee is thrown into a building, by what looks to be an overgrown man, similar to El Gigante
    • A number of parasites seem to take the form of a person, much like the Mimicry Marcus in Resident Evil 0
    • Chris is shown manning a mounted mini-gun
    • Enemies on dirth bikes are shown, following Sheva who is shooting at them with a mounted gun in the bed of a moving truck, confirming that they did indeed make it into the game
    • Some flying parasitic enemies are shown attacking Chris
    • A very large, almost Ant-Lion (HL2) like creature is shown approaching the camera
    • Cerberus heads split in two, revealing a parasite
    • Chris is shown on what looks like a large vehicle transportation hovercraft during stormy weather
    • A large Aligator is shown attacking Sheva

You can also find the trailer on the XBL Marketplace, which is where the Gamersyde one was captured from.
    *END UPDATE*

Jun Takeuchi confirmed the release date for Resident Evil 5 today at the Microsoft E3 press conference. The game will be hitting store shelves on March 13th, 2009 for the USA and March 12th, 2009 for Japan.

At the conference, Takeuchi confirmed the game will have an Online co-op mode. In a demonstration, Chris made his way to the third floor of a building after fighting off some enemies but was unable to continue once he got to the roof. It was then that Takeuchi had someone take control of Sheva, who traversed the same area and was catapulted by Chris to the building opposite them. She battled some enemies on her way down, with Chris providing support with a sniper rifle. Eventually, they got to the ground floor and after Sheva broke a lock, Chris joined her where they were confronted by the Chainsaw enemy.

One interesting thing to note was the fact that Sheva's camera view was setup with her character being on the right side of the screen. This seemed a bit disorienting, so lets hope its a changeable option.

Heres a video from the event, and Eurogamer has two videos online, showing Chris and Sheva battling villagers and the cloaked creature:
    E3 Stage Gameplay
    Chris and Sheva Gameplay
    Chris and Sheva Cutscene / Gameplay
    Thanks to revil5 and Big Stu!
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 07-14-2008, 04:12 PM.

The enemies seemed to react the same way to bullets as they did in RE4 and they even disappear. It looks ok so far though and I like the environments. There'll probably be a character zapping system like RE0 for single player. I noticed the word "Cover" on the hud so I guess you can assign different AI types to the other character.

Comment

I am curious just how much of the game can be played co-op...and how much a partner assists you during the single player campaign.

3/13/09...well, it's far away, but at least we finally have a release date. With all the info and screenshots released lately, I was thinking it'd be out by Christmas. Wishful thinking I guess.

Comment

A Gears-style cover system also seems to be in place, if the HUD is anything to go by. The same goes for real-time weapon switching.

Comment

I think it's much more appropriate than even to label the game (or the series now) a third person shooter. It's sure to attract the masses, especially with co-op.

Depending on the nature of the cover system, it sounds like it may be out of place. Then again if the action is increased significantly, there is no way around that. Hopefully a right stick dodge isn't in place like the original rumour.
          Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 07-14-2008, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Umon Daisuke View Post
            Hopefully a right stick dodge isn't in place like the original rumour.
            I'm fairly certain Takeuchi confirmed it was just a rumor during an interview with Gametrailers.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
              The game will be hitting store shelves on March 13th, 2009 for the USA and March 12th, 2009 for Japan.

AND WHY THE HELL THE MAIN SITE ISN'T UPDATED YET DOT ?????

Another question is it possible that german and us or japan people play PS3 Games online together ?

Comment

OK, for such an insignificant creatures like I'am that wasnt able to watch this live demo thing, will it be possible to actually download this video in near future from somewhere, this site mabe? Can someone enlight me...
                "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

oO Where to watch the stream ? Oo

Comment

It should be up on X-Box Live if you have a 360. I'm sure you'll be able to find it online eventually though.

Anyway, thinking about it some more, I wonder if the "Cover" was just a command for Sheva ala Ashley in RE4. If RE5 plays like RE0, where you can switch between the two characters on the fly in single player, the "Cover" may be there to just have your partner stay behind or somewhere safe until you call them back or switch over to them.

EDIT:

I probably should have read GalacticAE's post.
                    Last edited by Archelon; 07-14-2008, 01:35 PM.

Comment

I'm not a fan of online gameplay, but I imagine I am in the minority. So I understand co-op being included to appease the masses (and produce more sales), but I sincerely hope the single player experience is not hampered.

I am hoping this game has a strong story, with horror elements (as opposed to full-blown action). I'd like a mix of RE4 with RE1-3.

Is it 3/13 yet??!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zomby View Post
                        oO Where to watch the stream ? Oo
                        No, I mean exactly the re5 part from that conference, because with my net I cant see a shit right now, hope its easier to understund me now
                        "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad9026 View Post
                          No, I mean exactly the re5 part from that conference, because with my net I cant see a shit right now, hope its easier to understund me now
                          I think they may cut the RE5 part of the press briefing along with the rest of the announcements into sections for Xbox 360 Bringing it Home.

Comment

I gotta say, I don't really like the new HUD...

Although I like how item pickups occur in real time now.

Edit:
                            *Notices you can pick up 'Gold'*

OH GAWD!!! PLEASE CAPCOM NO MERCHANT! PLLLEEEAAASSSEEE!!!!!!!!
                            Last edited by JcFFx; 07-14-2008, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Cool, thanks. Anyway speaking about the singleplayer mode I was thinking that Sheva would run alongside you, just like Ashley did but would be able to fight back, and at some point you would have to play as she, so they said nothing about how will singleplayer works?

Comment

Working...
                              X