Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*UPDATE 2* Resident Evil 5 - Release Date, Live Demo, Trailer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Project Omega View Post
    I think it looks like the Leechman" (I don't really remember it's name) from RE Outbreak, or maybe it's on of does leech-something from RE 0

Comment

It looks much more like the progenitor in the 3.5 trailer imo. The leechmen were fully formed into a human basically. Nice find PO

Comment

I got this thing for the 360 that hooks into the HDD and allows you to copy files (it's called XPORT). I can copy the 3 RE5 videos from there for you guys. I think all the videos are in 720p though.

Comment

They are encrypted though, so they are useless. I'm waiting for Capcom's press site to get them which will likely be tomorrow during their conference.

Comment

That was GAMEPLAY when Chris was walking on the boat in the rain. Omg, the BEST gameplay part seen yet.

Comment

The dude at the beginning sounds like Rat Trap from Beast Wars XD

Comment

I've often wondered why there's only two plant enemies through out the re series Plant 42 and fountain room one it would of been better if they'd used there original ideas where all surrounding plant life around the mansion became the first victim of the outbreak the whole of Racoon Forest should of been infected which would of then infected the neighboring animals an then have birds carry the infection to humans. They reused some of this in dino crisis.
                If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                  *UPDATE 2*
                  Gamersyde has a new trailer up for RE5, and Gamespot has some new screenshots and a preview!
                  Gamespot Screens
                  Gamespot Preview
                  Gamersyde Trailer!

Some highlights from the trailer include:
                  • New character introduced, seemingly a bad guy
                  • Humvee carrying Sheva and some soldiers drives through a desolate village, with soliders bodies all over
                  • Humvee is thrown into a building, by what looks to be an overgrown man, similar to El Gigante
                  • A number of parasites seem to take the form of a person, much like the Mimicry Marcus in Resident Evil 0
                  • Chris is shown manning a mounted mini-gun
                  • Enemies on dirth bikes are shown, following Sheva who is shooting at them with a mounted gun in the bed of a moving truck, confirming that they did indeed make it into the game
                  • Some flying parasitic enemies are shown attacking Chris
                  • A very large, almost Ant-Lion (HL2) like creature is shown approaching the camera
                  • Cerberus heads split in two, revealing a parasite
                  • Chris is shown on what looks like a large vehicle transportation hovercraft during stormy weather
                  • A large Aligator is shown attacking Sheva

You can also find the trailer on the XBL Marketplace, which is where the Gamersyde one was captured from.
                  *END UPDATE*
                  Well, the features listed I like, though blasphemous is the co-op mode, a ftiend I have in my mind will enjoy this, esp with me to back him up, if things get tough. Lol!!.

Most other stuff seem ok, though it's not survival-horror anymore, more survival-action, but that won't stop me, 'trying' to enjoy the game.
                  Finally playing 1.5. Woo-Hoo!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                    They are encrypted though, so they are useless. I'm waiting for Capcom's press site to get them which will likely be tomorrow during their conference.
                    They have some form of DRM, but I'm not sure... Oh well, It was a try at least...

Comment

I woke up and saw the news, but then had to rush off to work!
                      Finally got a chance to watch 1 trailer, the one which shows off the vechile showpiece. It looks like there is more enemy variety, which is great. I found the enemies in RE4 got terribly boring after about 3 play throughs. However towards the end of the trailer, nothing is shown for more than about half a second before the shot changes. Or that's how it seems.

13th of March is my birthday, so I'm always looking forward to the day. REALLY hoping Europe/Australia will get it that day as well. I doubt it, so I'll probably be importing. Still, it's nice to finally have a release date.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm...extremely disapointed, actually. I didn't even notice the new mechanic for going from light into darkness, but I did notice the enemies move and hold there weapons exactly the same as Ganado's. It's starting to feel and look as though they've recycled as much as humany possible from RE4. I haven't seen the El Gigante scene yet but, again, I'm disapointed he's there.

It, honestly, looks as though we're going to exactly what I personally hoped we wouldn't. More guns, more enemies, more shooting...and less horror. Which makes me very sad, personally. I'm sure the game itself will be awesome, and I'm really hoping most of the enemy things are gonna get re-done (who the hell holds a wrench like that while walking slowly towards a foe?) but as a Resident Evil I fear it's pretty much a lost cause. I can't see this being scary, no matter how many people surround me, because the number of guns those two carry will trump any number of wrenches and flaming crossbows.

In Africa, a cotinent torn by war, where there are guns everywhere...why the hell are they using wrenches and flaming crossbows?

So, yeah.

Comment

Let's face it...the survivial horror aspect has been completely done away with and replaced by action. The game still has a lot of things to iron out but for the most part this is what the game will be like.

The new levels do look interesting, and visually the game is nice...but I agree with Darkmoon. I was waiting to see the light/heat aspect come into play...I'd love to see more about the blonde girl (which they said we would know more about months ago) and the new masked figure. The other new man they have shown looks to be nothing more than a meld of Alfred and Salazar.

I'm still holding on, hoping once the game is out there will be some redeeming factor. It sure as hell wont be the co-op for me. I'm hoping the story will find a way to work itself out....but from the looks of things...we'll all just have to wait.
                          sigpic
                          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

I wonder why they bring back "el gigante", whats the point?.

Comment

Well, I'm hoping it's going to be changed and that for now it's a place holder. As it is it looks as though this is a Las Plagas outbreak. But a Las Plagas that has either been mutated or infected with a virus.

I must admit, I'm slightly worried that this is going to be RE4 set in Africa rather than a new game. The only real addition I can see so far is Sheva being with you all the time. And actually being worth a damn. If the story is as week as RE4's then I'm gonna have to seriously wonder why Capcom didn't just start a new series.

Comment

The game isn't finished yet and I think they will replace a lot of RE4 Stuff we see right now.

In my eyes the first goal of Capcom was to create the world and the characters/objects.

I think in the next month there will change a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X