Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*UPDATE 2* Resident Evil 5 - Release Date, Live Demo, Trailer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

The trailer reminds me Dino Crisis 2. A scene they're chased in the field. Sheve's using the machine gun to fight back the mob, just like in DC2 fighting back Triceratops. The guy at the opening seems a mad scientist. I wonder if he has anything to do with the virus. And the tone of opening scene, is like the early version of RE4 (especially the plane).

They still didn't reveal much story and other characters. Wesker, Sherry... Maybe they want to keep secret 'til the releasing day?

Comment

Nice one, Dude. Perfect.
        Last edited by Jill's Boob; 07-14-2008, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Did anyone catch the theme that plays when Chris and Sheva are spotted? Its the one from Dead Rising's title screen ;)

Comment

I don't get the new trailer...again...i thought we were going to find out about the blonde in this trailer? The blonde who's supposed to be oh so important to the gameplay?

Hoping there's another trailer to follow at E3, didn't the same thing happen last year? We saw one trailer on the first day, and an extended edit hit a few days later?
            Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
            I absolutely don't like the guy at the beginning of the Xbox Live RE5 trailer. He seems like a smug jackass, with a bad voice, and he reeks of "incompetent crony." Why do we need another comical villain (ala RE4's Salazar)? Can't Capcom give us something else?? Comedic villains have no place in the RE world.
            OH WHAT PISH.

Because Alfred Ashford was such a serious character, right?

Oh that's right, we can conveniently forget about Alfred's faults because he wasn't in RE4, right?

Comment

OH WHAT PISH.

Oh that's right, we can conveniently forget about Alfred's faults because he wasn't in RE4, right?
              Atleast Alfred was just clinically insane though. Salazar was one of the worst character concepts I've ever seen.

This guy is just Salazar after being stretched a bit. And fuck that voice, I've heard it so many times before. And once you hear it once, you don't want to hear it again.
              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

oh my god!!!! i'm so excited!!!! i need to buy a PS3 and an XBOX360, hehehe XD

Comment

Originally posted by Big Stu View Post

OH WHAT PISH.

Well, I just listed Salazar, as he was the first one to come to mind. But Alfred fits the bill as well.

I'm saying I hate comedic villains in general.

Comment

So Ashford wasn't "a smug jackass, with a bad voice, and he reeks of "incompetent crony.""

Smug? Yuh huh. Bad voice? Bang on. Incompetent? Let's be fair...how the hell could anyone not kill Claire from that close with a sniper rifle?

I'm far from saying Salazar was the perfect bad guy, i'm just saying to single him out is all a bit too convenient when you consider the Alfred was all these things and more before him.

edit: To CiaranDevlin.
                    Last edited by Stu; 07-14-2008, 05:23 PM.

Comment

So Ashford wasn't "a smug jackass, with a bad voice, and he reeks of "incompetent crony.""

Smug? Yuh huh. Bad voice? Bang on. Incompetent? Let's be fair...how the hell could anyone not kill Claire from that close with a sniper rifle?

I'm far from saying Salazar was the perfect bad guy, i'm just saying to single him out is all a bit too convenient when you consider the Alfred was all these things and more before him.
                      I wasn't necessarily trying to single Salazar out (see post above), I am just saying that characters like that, and matrix-esque moves (Claire outrunning a helo's minigun, Leon's numerous cirque de soleil flips & pirouettes) really detract from the horror game experience.

I just want Capcom to stick to the basics (well, at least as much as you can involving viruses, reanimated dead, large monsters, mansions w/ puzzles, etc.) of the horror theme.
                      Last edited by Jill's Boob; 07-14-2008, 05:25 PM.

Comment

edit: To CiaranDevlin.
                        At the very least, I found Alfred to "fit" more. Insane military fanatics with split personality disorder tend to go down better than Spanish midgets that giggle as they run away. That and Salazar was just far more annoying overall.

I'm not trying to justify Alfred as a character, but he's definatly far less bad in general compared to Salazar and Sir Douchebag here.

Again, fuck that voice.
                        Last edited by News Bot; 07-14-2008, 05:28 PM.
                        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I gotta say, I'm impressed with the graphics and the action. I'm also annoyed that this still appears to be nothing more than RE4 with better graphics. I mean, ok, ganados are back, fine. But the chainsaw guy? El Gigante? Ugh. I hope they spruce it up and AT LEAST change the character animations so that they are not EXACTLY the same as in RE4.

Also, I wanted to state that yes, crazy gay badguys are the best. See Alfred Ashford, and Ramon Salazar. About the guy at the beginning, looked a bit like Steve, eh? Sounded like a total douche too (just like Steve).

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                            Did anyone catch the theme that plays when Chris and Sheva are spotted? Its the one from Dead Rising's title screen ;)
                            Nice catch. I probably would have never noticed had you not pointed it out.

Comment

Originally posted by CiarenDevlin View Post
                              Again, fuck that voice.
                              See what happens when Capcom switches from the Canadian Recording Studio to the one in California?

Comment

hey, anyone knows were can I download the videos?

Comment

Working...
                                X