No announcement yet.

IGN Interviews Takeuchi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a quick heads up guys, GT have interviewed Chris Kramer, Senior Relations Manager and all round "PR Guy" for RE5.

Nothing too interesting, although he does give us some info on Chris' motives, and if you watch the screens in the background you can see the in-game weapon change menu in action, as well as Sheva and Chris swapping items. Oh, Chris gets decapitated too.

Part 1

Part 2
    Last edited by El Bastardo; 07-15-2008, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Well, at least it doesn't looks like it's any of that Attache case crap and more traditional (then again for all I know there could be another dozen slots below there or something xD).

Although the last time RE had real-time-inventory-screens, people complained. Then again, it *was* before all the RE4 fans moved in.

Comment

Damn! Problems wih downloading this videos, can someone upload them on youtube?
        "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Real time inventory screens suck, but they are a must for co-op play. Just look at Outbreak; that's the only time where we had it. I just hope the endless supply of enemies isn't repeated in this game. Although it would give us more action, it's a little tiring to be on the run all the time otherwise suffer being over run with enemies...

Comment

New trailer on residentevil.com. Well, not entirely new, but has new footage of cloaked, masked woman. Plus a scantily clad woman with huge boobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
              New trailer on residentevil.com. Well, not entirely new, but has new footage of cloaked, masked woman. Plus a scantily clad woman with huge boobs.
              RE5 looks like its going to need its very own jiggle counter. I can see the hentai artists already fast at work. Wonder who she is.
              sigpic
              Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

She's mine

/me claims

Jokes aside. We know there has to be a sort of Umbrella reference here since Wesker's involved. Perhaps she works for him?
                Last edited by Project Omega; 07-15-2008, 03:08 PM.

Comment

I already see a rivalry forming between her and Ada over who wears the sluttiest outfit in a warzone.
                  sigpic
                  Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Kinda reminds me of FF7 where Tifa and what's-her-face had a slapping competition on top of the barrel of the Sister Ray...

Kind of a silly thing to be rivals against, but I'm not one to argue with fan service .

Comment

I'm wondering where Wesker fits into all of this. It seems that "lame voice" guy and "chesty," along with the cloaked woman are all obvious evildoers. But is cloaked, masked woman just a brainwashed pawn, or a legit underling?

From the trailer featuring all three, there's one point where it appears the audience is viewing the scene through another character's eyes, as the cloaked woman comes into focus. Perhaps a prisoner? Is this why Chesty has the syringes?

As for the lame-voiced-man, I'm guessing that he's some rich gun smuggler who is just a lower player in Wesker's evil hierarchy.

Knowing my tendency to overanalyze Capcom's usually simplistic plots, these things are probably all wrong.

Chesty's wardrobe is hardly practical. And the same goes for Sheva's and cloaked lady's high-heeled boots. How could a woman possibly run and jump in those??

Comment

The "Mysterious Blonde" woman does appear as if she was being kept drugged, which might explain the syringes...

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
                          I'm wondering where Wesker fits into all of this. It seems that "lame voice" guy and "chesty," along with the cloaked woman are all obvious evildoers. But is cloaked, masked woman just a brainwashed pawn, or a legit underling?

From the trailer featuring all three, there's one point where it appears the audience is viewing the scene through another character's eyes, as the cloaked woman comes into focus. Perhaps a prisoner? Is this why Chesty has the syringes?

As for the lame-voiced-man, I'm guessing that he's some rich gun smuggler who is just a lower player in Wesker's evil hierarchy.

Knowing my tendency to overanalyze Capcom's usually simplistic plots, these things are probably all wrong.

Chesty's wardrobe is hardly practical. And the same goes for Sheva's and cloaked lady's high-heeled boots. How could a woman possibly run and jump in those??

I totally agree. It seems Capcom is taking Resident Evil along the path similar games have taken with their female characters. Just look at the original designs for the Soul Calibur females from the first to fourth, then look at the designs for the women in RE. At least Ada in 4 had her chest significantly covered. This woman is just letting them flop out there like its normal.

The scene you are talking about where it could be through another person's eyes....I thought the same thing at first. Can't be too sure though...we've seen some weird views before that were just used because Capcom wanted them that way.
                          sigpic
                          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

I could care less about Chesty's flaunting of her assets - the character design in video games (for female characters) tends to always be ridiculous, to appeal to the horny young male fanbase. Though it's a pathetic ploy, sex sells.

Nothing wrong with some excess boobage anyway.

I just hope they spend as much time programming a great gaming experience as they spent programming a realistic, healthy bounce in her movements.

Comment

Originally posted by Project Omega View Post
                              The "Mysterious Blonde" woman does appear as if she was being kept drugged, which might explain the syringes...
                              In the one screen shot when Chris has her in his arms, she looks like she is out of it. I think that would make sense if she was drugged. If the blonde is Sherry, then this goofy dude and his girl might be working for Wesker. I mean Wesker has all the infomation on the viruses, it would make sense for him to try them out.

Comment

Alright, so let's see...no puzzles (still no evidence they have any, or more than RE4) + more guns + more enemies + big breasted semi exposed women = Resident Evil 5 aimed at 12 year old boys!

I still have the horrible sensation in my stomach that Wesker's a false lead. After all, he does appear in RE4 as well. My suspicion is he'll be involved in something like Seperate Ways or he'll be there to gather samples and not, therefore, terribly important.

Comment

Working...
                                X