Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 5 site updated, 3 trailer variations, 4 gameplay vids!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems to be, Petronio. They switched to Sheva to run up and help Chris in one of the videos.

Can anyone confirm that the only place to get the El Gigante / Dead Soldiers intro is on the XBL Marketplace? I can't find this version anywhere else, so I suppose I'll record it in HD off that.

Comment

No, it is impossible to switch between Chris and Sheva. Sheva is controlled by the AI or by the second player.

Comment

Are you positive on that? I suppose they could have just switched the video feeds with a button, but it looked to me like you could. But I suppose not then?

Comment

Positive. You can hear in the press conference demo, when they introduce online coop mode, that Sheva is controlled by Kawata-san.
          Moreover, I've read a french review describing how efficient the AI of Sheva was. They don't say anything about switching characters. You can only trade items.

Comment

I don't think much has been announced about the single player version of the game, as I think what we've seen has been mostly demonstrating the co-op capabilities.

In REØ, the other character was controlled by AI, and zapping turned out ok...

But with the announcement of Sheva only acheivements, this leads me to beleive that it may be like Gears of War where there were 3 acheivements you got by playing as the second character and this was only doable by joining a co-op game since the host is always the first player...

But since we haven't heard much info on the single player, only time will tell I guess....

Comment

Who's the woman in white?????? i'm intrigued...

Comment

When I saw the woman in white, I was wondering if her and the new guy were related (like brother and sister, ala Alfred and Alexia. Just not them, 'cause they're clearly dead.)
                I doubt that they ARE related, but it could be like A SECOND COMING D: .

Seriously though, maybe new Umbrella execs. according to their nice clothing and possession of needles and missles?

Comment

just watched one of the gameplay trailers, why does the dude with the massive axe remind me of al so much from #file 2? and the whole co-op thing i'm gonna hold my breath on till there is more footage because it reminds me too much of army of two for some damn reason

Comment

Second HD Chris gameplay http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bECEtwdAAg

Comment

Does "Army of Two" suck, gameplay-wise? You're yet another person that has made the comparison, so I have to ask, since I have never and probably will never play that game.

As for "Chesty" and "lame-voiced-guy," they are probably not related. I imagine he's a wealthy gun smuggler, and she's just his exotic babe. And my guess is that the syringes are used on the prisoner (maybe Sherry?) that they are keeping locked up. (The one scene in the trailer appears to be from the eyes of another person in the room with Chesty. Because in one frame you can see blurry vision come into focus on masked woman.)

If that is true, then masked woman is not Sherry, who then may be the girl in the red dress collapsed in Chris' arms. So is tube girl the masked woman? Ugh, my head hurts...

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
                        So is tube girl the masked woman? Ugh, my head hurts...
                        I read "tub girl".

One thing to keep in mind would be, why is she so drugged up? Would it be perhaps the G-tissue in her body from when she was infected by the G-Monster is having some kind of effect on her? She needs to be kept sedated to keep her under control? Could this have some connection to the sample of the "Master" parasite Ada had taken?

Comment

Originally posted by Project Omega View Post
                          I read "tub girl".

One thing to keep in mind would be, why is she so drugged up? Would it be perhaps the G-tissue in her body from when she was infected by the G-Monster is having some kind of effect on her? She needs to be kept sedated to keep her under control? Could this have some connection to the sample of the "Master" parasite Ada had taken?
                          I honestly don't have a clue. That's the problem with the limited info we've been presented over the past year. There's just not a lot to base anything concrete on...we're all just left to rampant, wild speculation.

I think maybe the syringes are full of a sedative used to keep Sherry docile (and/or the G-virus suppressed). Otherwise, maybe her powers would allow her to escape and kick all sorts of @$$. But why do they have her (if it IS her) as a prisoner anyway?

Comment

Gameplay demostration NOW. If you miss out on seeing it now, scroll back on the timeline to 2:20pm (it got delayed by 20-ish mins). There was also a false start (ran for two mins, then some blowout happened so they started it again - clearly not live).

Edit - Sub 10 mins... thats it... poos to you IGN. You had 30 mins to fill....
                            Last edited by Rombie; 07-15-2008, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
                              I think maybe the syringes are full of a sedative used to keep Sherry docile
                              Thats my theory at any rate, good trailer though.

Comment

I'm sure the girl in the white dress is Sheva.

Comment

Working...
                                X