Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: GameTrailer's Interview with Takeuchi plus E3 demo footage

THIA Staff

Default GameTrailer's Interview with Jun Takeuchi and Chris Kramer plus E3 Demo Footage

Thanks to Archelon and Berserker for the update; it seems Gametrailers now has a two part interview up with Producer Takeuchi. He discusses the controversy surrounding the game, the storyline (and its connection to previous games), why they chose Chris, and even hints at downloadable content for the game.

Takeuchi Interview Part 1

Takeuchi Interview Part 2

Chris Kramer mentions more information on the story line. In effect, Chris is tracing the history and evolution of what became the T-Virus and has traced the virus back to Africa. While looking for the origin of the virus, he comes across a town infected by the virus... Single Unit Co-Op confirmed, by the way!

Chris Kramer Interview Part 1

[Chris Kramer Interview Part 1

Gametrailers has also posted its own footage of the E3 demo of Resident Evil 5, showing several cutscenes as well. It confirms that the new inventory system is real-time and it looks like they've gone back to the traditional RE-styled slots for each item as opposed to the attache case from RE4. It also shows that you'll be in contact with other characters via a radio (real time) for at least certain parts of the game.

E3 Demo Footage Part 1

E3 Demo Footage Part 2

E3 Demo Footage Part 3

E3 Demo Footage Part 4

E3 Demo Footage Part 5
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 07-15-2008 at 09:53 PM.

An Old-Fashioned Cowboy Archelon's Avatar

You guys should totally hire me. No, I'm kidding.

Anyway, I think it's a cute touch that when you heal yourself now, you actually spray yourself. I had to pause it to determine that Chris was just using a green herb, because I noticed that it didn't replenish his health entirely like a First Aid Spray. I imagine it'll be the same animation regardless of whether or not you're using herbs or a First Aid Spray.

I wonder if the adrenaline shots will be a new healing item or if they're just what Sheva gives you when you're low on health and she doesn't have any actual healing items.

Also, that decapitation was epic.

War Horse Uranium

Loving these videos, but does anyone have a way to download the FLV's on the ones that only have streaming available?
    Edit: Got the screens up so you all don't have to suffer through ad's on Gamespot and the like.
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 07-15-2008 at 09:19 PM.

thanks guys those videos are awesome specialy chris's dead and it is funny the way they use healing itens.

#41 Kipepeo

I been trying to avoid saying this, but this is a RE4 rehash.

I like the addition of doing the stuffs real-time, such as using the items, taking out the weapons and procuring the items.

Didn't Capcom uploaded some new vids on their press site? You can go check there if they are the same videos as those on gametrailers.

War Horse Uranium

The ones posted here are different, Xfactor. The Capcom ones have no HUD and are very scripted, not showing off too much. The videos in the first post have some nice behind the scenes stuff ;)

#33 Birkin Type 5

Aside from those being bullshots, the filtering gives me a MGS3 vibe. Given the scope of the game, the textures are lower res than I was expecting. Hard to tell from any of the vids, but what frame rate are they targeting?

#30 Birkin Type 2

I loved the videos, but... didn't they say there were going to be more weapons? and... for more weapons you need the "item screen" to be like RE4, so... I gess they'll figure it out how to make it "balanced". And... I don't like the "item screen" to be in real time, I mean... they showed lots of action in the game and... can you imagine? Trying to heal yourself while you are sourounded by zombies (or whatever they are this time).

... I know my spelling is bad...

Sadistic Medicine

The second Takeuchi interview was probably the most interesting one....I would enjoy a play against player online version. I think playing as one of the monsters would be pretty amusing.

War Horse Uranium

How else can they do an item screen in a game that has drop in/out co-op? It has to be realtime.

#33 Birkin Type 5

Doesn't matter, as long as it's online, it has to be realtime. The Outbreak games had menu screens, and they were realtime.

EDIT: So they were targetting 60fps. I didn't get that from the footage. Was similar to the Lost Planet/Dead Rising approach; 30fps with 2.5D blur.
    Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 07-15-2008 at 10:55 PM.

An Old-Fashioned Cowboy Archelon's Avatar

I can never tell the difference between 30fps and 60fps. How do you people do it?

#33 Birkin Type 5

It's hard to tell from vids, since they run at 30fps. I was making an educated guess based on what I've seen.

If you mean in general, I think the most striking example that you can't miss would be comparing MGS2 to MGS3. Your eyes will get used to it.

More videos:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36508.html
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36509.html

the chainsaw guy is not very smart or aggressive.

-
    Last edited by LeechCharmer; 03-08-2009 at 12:41 AM.

War Horse Uranium

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    More videos:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36508.html
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36509.html

the chainsaw guy is not very smart or aggressive.
    I'm sure hes toned down for the journalists. That tends to happen at these events.

#30 Birkin Type 2

I just hope that whene you play as a single player the "item screen" wount be real time, of course... I don't think they will do this, but... it would be nice

I'am sure that wile playng single player mode item screen will be in real-time, just remember the outbreak. But its good for me, it will bring more intense and more death, for me it preaty much means that I will enjoy the game longer
    "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

There is another video with Chris Kramer playing the game on the IGN live wire archives but I can figure how to save it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information