Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GameTrailer's Interview with Takeuchi plus E3 demo footage

Quote Originally Posted by Jill's Boob View Post
    Thanks for clarifying the simplicity of the demo. I didn't know that. It makes perfect sense though.

And as for the RE gameplay experience - I agree that RE started to change in the later episodes...RE3 and RECV could have been similar to RE4 (in terms of action), but I think the developers were still trying to adhere to the mechanics of RE1, RE2. Regardless of how much RE vets want the old, familiar tank controls, zombies, etc...in order for the game to sell to the newer video game consumers, the control format needed to change and the pacing needed to change. I am sad when I reminisce on my earliest gameplay experience of RE1 / RE2, but now, I see why the formula needed changing.

I can still play REmake, because that is one of my favorite games ever, but the control scheme is lacking. I can still enjoy RE2, RE3, RECV, RE0...but I almost never play them anymore. The control scheme just doesn't make them appealing to play often. RE4 (though I hate the story and I hate Leon's characterization) is a damn fun game experience. Sure, it is almost a fully mindless shooter, but it is fun (to me).

I think the developers could incorporate this style of gameplay with zombie enemies, as long as they were fast like in the Dawn of the Dead remake. I miss zombies.

Also, the dark, creepy settings could return, and the RE4 gameplay can be hindered by tight corridors, darkness, more enemies, etc to make a truly frightening experience.

Let's just leave the matrix-esque scenes out. No more Claire outrunning a helo's chaingun, Leon flipping and doing piourettes in laser corridors, Ada jumping off platforms into helicopters, etc.

The old mysteries, lovable zombies, limited ammo...coupled with RE4 type control and gameplay...I think maybe that'd be something old and new RE players could find enjoyable.

But I could be wrong. Happens ALL the time.
    You deffinatly said it, Jill's Boob. [Jill's beautiful, beautiful boob].
    Last edited by Twist; 07-17-2008 at 02:12 PM.

#30 Birkin Type 2

@ Jill's Boob: Definetly one of the few posts that makes more sense to me. But for RE5, though the game look interesting, I'd prefer to play it first.

Well Jill's Boob, I don't know about old mysteries and zombies (anything is possible) but as it is seen from the demo the limited amount of ammo and inventory place, only 9 slots in your inventory, are back. So re5 is 1/3 as good as you hope
    Last edited by Nomad9026; 07-17-2008 at 02:39 PM.
    "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

#47 Chainsaw Majini Jill's Boob's Avatar

Thanks for the support.

I never played other zombie games, like Dead Rising or RE: Outbreak. So I cannot say what elements of those games worked, and what elements did not.

RE5 looks promising (well, except for the laughable accent and phrasing of the "fireworks" guy), but I'm hoping RE5 receives a lot of tweaks before 3/13.

The one thing that the newer RE's have failed to do is create a sense of dread that you felt in RE1, 2, etc. In RE4, you never had to just run away from an enemy. There's always enough ammo to lay waste to everyone. Granted, the first time I encountered one of those evil dogs, I ran like crazy back to the boat and stayed there while I threw harpoons at the mutt on the pier. I also often ran from the chainsaw ganados. But you could always get more ammo (or upgrade your gun) and go back to administer the kill.

In RE2, I remember running past zombies, or around them, to collect items. Then I would high-tail it out of the room. Not just to preserve health, but also precious ammo, because you knew there'd be faster, tougher enemies farther along in the game.

Was Outbreak like that? Wasn't there an endless supply of enemies to contend with?

I'm not saying RE5 or any future game needs to have limitless enemies, but I think it should balance gunplay and the need to sometimes just RUN.
    Last edited by Jill's Boob; 07-17-2008 at 03:13 PM.

Outbreak had an endless sypply of enemies, real time inventory (imagine re2 with real time inventory) and a virus timer that kills you if playing to long. Preaty hardcore game and it was fun to play it, but to hard, I've never beated it.
    "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

#13 Brain Sucker

http://www.gamespot.com/video/929198...tage-show-demo

Go to minute 9:08 and watch the video for some seconds...

Can anyone please confirm that what i saw there didn't happen? That it's just my immagination?

For those infidel creatures that cant see this video, what happened there?

#13 Brain Sucker

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad9026 View Post
    For those infidel creatures that cant see this video, what happened there?
    There is a "Guile with boobs."
    Last edited by Petronio; 07-17-2008 at 03:45 PM.

Well thats sounds gooooood can't wait to see this video some how.

Sadistic Medicine

Quote Originally Posted by Petronio View Post
    There is a "Guile with boobs."
    Well as awkward as her attack is, its not uncommon to see kicks like that. She kicks him off Chris first...and then does a perfect backflip kick...you got it dude.

@Jill's Boob - I don't think we can argue that the game is going to look and play well once its finally out. After watching the 22 minute demo yet again, I can see how Capcom is trying to give the game the classic creepy feel. The fireworks guy....well what do people expect? Its RE....there always has been and always will be at least one character in the game that is completely annoying in some way. Every time I watch a trailer that starts with him though I find myself oddly like him.
    I wish the release date was closer to Christmas so we could all play it sooner.

Haha - I wish it was coming out sooner than 3/13/09 as well. But, I am glad that at least a concrete release date has finally been announced.

As for "fireworks" guy...maybe he's just high on coke or something?

Is it just me, or does the music in the trailer seem really good?

#13 Brain Sucker

Quote Originally Posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
    Well as awkward as her attack is, its not uncommon to see kicks like that. She kicks him off Chris first...and then does a perfect backflip kick...you got it dude.
    Common? Where? In SF maybe....

Sadistic Medicine

I've seen kicks like that in a lot of fighting games. Maybe not that way exactly but still.

@JB- The music is pretty good. I've always liked the RE music though. The release date was nice to know, even if it is next year. Though I would have loved a Christmas release, they still have a lot of bugs that need to be fixed before the game is finished.

And I think someone else asked before somewhere but...how much did they say was actually completed at this point in time?

Didn't they say the game was 60% complete? Or was 60% left to be completed?

Litle bit more than 60% of the game are already completed.
    Last edited by Nomad9026; 07-17-2008 at 05:13 PM.

#30 Birkin Type 2

"What would a Resident Evil game be without a chainsaw wielding masked maniac?"

Of course!, what were we thinking with that mutated flesh-eating zombies?? The next RE will have an enemy using this:

Why not?, is the perfect evolution! [/sarcasm]
    Last edited by Ridley W. Hayes; 07-25-2008 at 02:53 AM.

LOL! great stuff, you suggest this idea to Capcom.

War Horse Uranium

Now thats just amazing.

Mad Jackal

Quote Originally Posted by Jill's Boob View Post
    Was Outbreak like that? Wasn't there an endless supply of enemies to contend with?
    Outbreak (both games) on Very Hard mode is punishingly difficult. There is also an additional nightmare mode too, from memory it gives enemies more health, you less, and I think less weapon durability.
    On Very Hard difficulty there are sometimes only a handful of guns in each map, and then when you find them they don't have ammo in them.

As for RE4, you can make it harder youself. Like the knife only runs in the old games, there is a 0% hit ratio run which you can do, but is quite difficult. I've beaten the game using no merchant, and only weapons you find (so Shotgun, Broken butterfly, 1x Rocket Launcher, grenades, no upgrades). I also tried standard-issue only (so knife, handgun and boots. No upgrades), which I found to be quite challenging. Didn't get around to finishing it but.
    Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 07-27-2008 at 10:36 AM.

An Old-Fashioned Cowboy Archelon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ridley W. Hayes View Post
    "What would a Resident Evil game be without a chainsaw wielding masked maniac?"

Of course!, what were we thinking with that mutated flesh-eating zombies?? The next RE will have an enemy using this:

Why not?, is the perfect evolution! [/sarcasm]
    I want that in Gears of War 2.

Come on, CliffyB, make it happen.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information