Dead Rising Comes to Wii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alf717 View Post
    I wonder if this is the "flock" game Capcom was hinting at. How was Dead Rising on the 360? Was it any good?
    it was epical lol the amount of zombies to kill in so many ways was cool, and the storyline rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by DXP View Post
      it was epical lol the amount of zombies to kill in so many ways was cool, and the storyline rocks.
      Well now that sounds great! I was a bit disappointed with this years E3 presentation from Nintendo. So this will hopefully fill the gap for a while.

Comment

Flock! is a Lemmings-styled game for XBLA, PSN, and PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
          Flock! is a Lemmings-styled game for XBLA, PSN, and PC.
          Ha-ha I thought that was a joke on Kotaku's website. My mistake! Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

A Hungarian website I regularly visit translated the scans.

There'll be a few new survivors and bosses and we can say goodbye to the camera in this version (which is strange).
            New/modified items (possibly because of hardware constrains).
            Those who complained about constantly running out of time on the 360 version can rejoice, that system has been dealt away with on the Wii counterpart. You now have to finish a certain number of sidequests/missions in order for the story to progress and AFAIK there's no time limit to them.
            Since the Wii is weaker in terms of hardware, the team will use various clever tricks to create the illusion that you're surrounded by hundreds of zombies (maybe similar to the end of the Outbreak scenario on File 1?)
            Some of the 360 staff are also working on this version.
            Last edited by abbatoo; 07-16-2008, 05:34 PM.

Comment

i dont really want to play the wii because its basically have nonthing but kids games i a action/horror game freak

Comment

It also appears that there are only four weapons selectable at a time.

Comment

It'll have over ten zombies on screen at once!
                  See you in hell.

Comment

Great!! I'm getting it... even though I already own a X-BOX 360!!

Comment

Capcom has officially announced Dead Rising: Chop Til You Drop for North America this winter.

CAPCOM® ANNOUNCES DEAD RISINGTM: CHOP TIL YOU DROP
                      Wii Gamers Prepare For a Zombie Invasion

SAN MATEO, Calif. — July 21, 2008 — Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced that Dead Rising™: Chop Till You Drop is in development for the Wii™ home video game system. Based on the critically acclaimed Dead Rising™, which has sold in excess of one million units since its release in 2006, Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop is scheduled to hit store shelves this Winter.

Taking advantage of the same proven technology that brought Resident Evil® 4 so successfully to Wii, Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop delivers a more immersive, intuitive and interactive experience as players use the Wii Remote to shoot, slash and bludgeon their way through a zombie infested shopping mall, fighting for survival.

Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop follows the harrowing tale of Frank West, an overly zealous freelance journalist on a hunt for the scoop of a lifetime. In pursuit of a juicy lead, he makes his way to the small suburban town of Willamette only to find that it has become overrun by zombies. Frank escapes to the local shopping mall, thinking it will be a bastion of safety but it turns out to be anything but. It will be a true struggle to survive the endless stream of enemies, but players will have full reign of a realistic shopping centre and its varied stores offering an endless supply of real and makeshift weapons to fight off the flesh-hungry mob. If Frank is running low on health he can pay a visit to one of the many restaurants or cafes for a meal in order to restore his energy and continue the fight.

The game is split into a series of individual cases, all of which Frank must complete in order to gain vital information that will allow him to piece together the truth behind the horrendous epidemic. In addition to the cases, players will be faced with the dilemma of deciding the rescue priority of the residents of Wilamette who also sought sanctuary in the mall. Depending on the player’s skill, some may not be so fortunate as each rescue needs to be undertaken in a set time period, therefore players may need to delay completion of a case in order to save a fellow human.

Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop’s infectious humor delivers some welcome relief from the incessant tide of zombies with players able to dress Frank up in a variety of comedic costumes and take on the undead hordes with a selection of improvised and sometimes highly ineffective weapons such as a toy sword or a football.

Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop includes the following features:
                      • Utilizes the same engine as Resident Evil 4 Wii edition.
                      • New level of interaction – aim and fire guns, swing and throw weapons and shake off zombie attacks with added Wii Remote functionality
                      • Huge environment – expansive indoor and outdoor areas of the mall provide a variety of different locations to explore
                      • Improved save functionality allows for more seamless gameplay
                      • Hoards of enemies on screen at once resulting in non-stop, pulse-pounding action
                      • Anything in the mall is at Frank’s disposal
                      • Grab environmental objects like umbrellas and benches to use as improvised weapons
                      • Snatch items from different stores to use as weapons including golf clubs, lawnmowers, frying pans and more
                      • Consume food and drink to revive health

Comment

Sounds like it's turning into the game that RE4 should have been, to quote a good friend of mine.
                        See you in hell.

Comment

Working...
                        X