Dead Rising Comes to Wii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Rising Comes to Wii

This week's Famitsu had a surprising game announcement. Dead Rising will be coming out for the Nintendo Wii. Its a port of the original game, though it will supposedly feature a more "Resident Evil 4" style combat system. The reason for the port is that Capcom were happy with the sales Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition garnered. Though they say that the title will keep casual gamer needs in mind. It will have waggle controls similar to Resident Evil 4. They cite using motion controls for swinging swords or removing a zombie who is attacking you.

Scans courtesy of Wii Every Day
    Last edited by Carnivol; 07-16-2008, 01:18 PM.

scans

Comment

Haha, I was editing the post before you posted that XD. I must say, it looks remarkably faithful to the 360 version. Though, obviously, it lacks the amount of enemies seen in the 360 one.

Comment

Another port... Oh well...thanks for the scans and update. I'll stick to the 360.
        Last edited by Bertha; 07-16-2008, 04:29 AM.
        sigpic
        Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

improved save system please :p

also it wouldn't hurt if they reduce the detail on enemies to allow more zombies on screen .. its a wii version anyway people won't mind ugly enemies i guess ..

Comment

Will it even be released outside Japan?
            sigpic
            Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

I'm hoping if I get this I'll be able to read the text on the screen...
              Oh, and be able to skip Otis' damned calls!
              sigpic

Comment

Will it even be released outside Japan?
                dead rising did much better in the US compared to japan.. so yeah i bet it will.

Comment

Only one question... WHY?!!!
                  "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad9026 View Post
                    Only one question... WHY?!!!
                    Maybe you are still shell-shocked from the BH0 Wii announcement, but not everyone who owns a wii has a 360. The port is somewhat justified, at least, more so than the BH0 Wii one. I wish they put it on PS3 though. It seemed like a golden opportunity

Comment

No, I mean Capcom are conspired against PS3 users or something, make some ports on PS either for gods sake. And I think that WII will be much weaker from the technical side.
                      "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

I hope the game will get a PS3 port, too.

Comment

More ports.

What a surprise.
                          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I already have it for the 360 but I´m happy for the Wii users after the horrible Nintendo conference they deserve something that is worth. I will buy it if they add some extra stuff.

Comment

A looooong time ago there was a rumor that it would be ported to the PC.. but it didn't happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X