Japanese Dead Rising Wii Site Opens, Screens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japanese Dead Rising Wii Site Opens, Screens

The official site for the Dead Rising port on the Nintendo Wii was just opened. The site doesn't contain very much, but it does have some screenshots. The gameplay ones look a bit bad, with only about 20 zombies appearing on screen at one time. They are also quite low poly. Probably the most interesting thing on the site is the fact that its slated to come out in winter of 2008.

Dead Rising Wii Site (Japanese)

Wow, I never got to play Dead Rising.

Comment

More details from kotaku.com:
      Some details to go with the raw announcement from the other day. The Dead Rising Wii port will be known not as Dead Rising Wii, but as...drum roll...Dead Rising: Zombie Sacrifice. Brilliant. The changes extend past the name, however. For starters, Otis' real-time missions are gone. Instead, you'll get 3-4 sub-missions to tackle before taking on one of the major "plotline" quests, a much more linear - and less frustrating - system than that found on the 360 version. The camera's also been changed, from behind-and-above-Frank to the view/style employed in Resident Evil 4. Because of this, they've removed the photo mode, as apparently it just wasn't working. Finally, they've added new enemies, new weapons, and new waggle controls to make the most of both of them. And that's it! No release date info or anything like that, so for now, that's all you get.
      I've never played it but hoped it would get ported to ps3.
      At least I've also got a Wii, so if it's a half decent version, I'll be buying it.

Comment

I might just get this...or continue playing the Xbox 360 version.

Comment

I'm sorta tempted by this. It'll nice to not feel constantly rushed, but it did add a layer of realism I enjoyed. I think my problem was that the main story was timed, not the side missions. If you botched the main mission it was either reload of finish the rest of the game with no story.

Comment

Well this is some peachy news as this is one of the few games I really wish I had a 360 for but surely it's gonna end up looking kinda PS2-ish like Alone in the Dark did . . .
            sigpic

Comment

Capcom has officially announced Dead Rising: Chop Til You Drop for North America this winter.

CAPCOM® ANNOUNCES DEAD RISINGTM: CHOP TIL YOU DROP
              Wii Gamers Prepare For a Zombie Invasion

SAN MATEO, Calif. — July 21, 2008 — Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced that Dead Rising™: Chop Till You Drop is in development for the Wii™ home video game system. Based on the critically acclaimed Dead Rising™, which has sold in excess of one million units since its release in 2006, Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop is scheduled to hit store shelves this Winter.

Taking advantage of the same proven technology that brought Resident Evil® 4 so successfully to Wii, Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop delivers a more immersive, intuitive and interactive experience as players use the Wii Remote to shoot, slash and bludgeon their way through a zombie infested shopping mall, fighting for survival.

Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop follows the harrowing tale of Frank West, an overly zealous freelance journalist on a hunt for the scoop of a lifetime. In pursuit of a juicy lead, he makes his way to the small suburban town of Willamette only to find that it has become overrun by zombies. Frank escapes to the local shopping mall, thinking it will be a bastion of safety but it turns out to be anything but. It will be a true struggle to survive the endless stream of enemies, but players will have full reign of a realistic shopping centre and its varied stores offering an endless supply of real and makeshift weapons to fight off the flesh-hungry mob. If Frank is running low on health he can pay a visit to one of the many restaurants or cafes for a meal in order to restore his energy and continue the fight.

The game is split into a series of individual cases, all of which Frank must complete in order to gain vital information that will allow him to piece together the truth behind the horrendous epidemic. In addition to the cases, players will be faced with the dilemma of deciding the rescue priority of the residents of Wilamette who also sought sanctuary in the mall. Depending on the player’s skill, some may not be so fortunate as each rescue needs to be undertaken in a set time period, therefore players may need to delay completion of a case in order to save a fellow human.

Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop’s infectious humor delivers some welcome relief from the incessant tide of zombies with players able to dress Frank up in a variety of comedic costumes and take on the undead hordes with a selection of improvised and sometimes highly ineffective weapons such as a toy sword or a football.

Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop includes the following features:
              • Utilizes the same engine as Resident Evil 4 Wii edition.
              • New level of interaction – aim and fire guns, swing and throw weapons and shake off zombie attacks with added Wii Remote functionality
              • Huge environment – expansive indoor and outdoor areas of the mall provide a variety of different locations to explore
              • Improved save functionality allows for more seamless gameplay
              • Hoards of enemies on screen at once resulting in non-stop, pulse-pounding action
              • Anything in the mall is at Frank’s disposal
              • Grab environmental objects like umbrellas and benches to use as improvised weapons
              • Snatch items from different stores to use as weapons including golf clubs, lawnmowers, frying pans and more
              • Consume food and drink to revive health

Comment

Hopefully its out by Christmas.

Comment

I just want this version asap, I love the 360 version and with the wii version, using the wiimote to imitate the movements will make it feel it little bit more like your in a shopping mall full of zombies...only thing that's gonna suck is building my levels up again to max but it will all be worth it

Comment

I see they are going for the RE 4 engine with this game. Since I haven't played it on 360, I really don't have anything to compare it to.
                    Last edited by Stars1356; 07-29-2008, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X