No announcement yet.

RE5 to have collector's edition at 89.99$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$90, yikes! I'll buy it though. I love Resident Evil enough not to want to risk missing this interesting item.
    Last edited by Corrin; 07-19-2008, 02:45 PM.

Comment

A biohazard 5 collectors edition would interest me alot more. I didn't bother with the RE4 limited editions.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
        A biohazard 5 collectors edition would interest me alot more. I didn't bother with the RE4 limited editions.
        I bought the Re4 ones. The GC one was much cheaper...but then again at the time a friend of mine was working the game store and gave me a decent discount.
        sigpic
        Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

I definitely plan on reserving my copy of a collectors edition RE5! Hope it'll have some juicy extras!

Also, I'm new here and I've been watching this site for quite sometime now. I gotta say, this site rocks, its up to date on all the awesome RE news!

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
            I'll buy it at a high price !
            I second that I have the collectors edition of RE4 on PS2
            Last edited by Stars_g36; 07-19-2008, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Do you think they will release the Demo to RE5 maybe if you pre-order it?

Comment

Do you think they will release the Demo to RE5
                Let's hope so.

Though, I somehow doubt it will be in disc form via preorder. Playable demo downloads through PSN and XLBA would be my guess, since they seem to be getting pretty popular.
                I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Well, the Fallout 3 special edition is only £50 ($100) here so I'm guessing RE5 will be similar. Which, given that a new game is about £40 at least, is a bargain. At least for any game I decide to buy new, such as Fallout 3. RE5 is gonna have to work to make me pre-order it.

Comment

I actually would buy it at a lower price--preferably.

I'm getting it. I just hope it doesn't have a dorky metallic tin that doesn't fit in my DVD rack...

*looks harshly at Halo 3, Devil May Cry 4, and Final Fantasy 12*

WHY ARE YOU SO DIFFERENT!!!

*tapes to DVD rack*

Comment

to buy a new release game in Australia would cost at least $100.

Comment

I honestly don't see the problem with the price mentioned.

Ofcourse it's a bit icky when you don't know what it will include, but still... You're apparently paying for something that somehow stands out from the normal release... No one is forcing you to get THAT version of the game. Although I know I probably will.

Fan or not, you gotta realize that it's your choice how you spend your money and how much of a "die hard fan" you'd like to consider yourself and what exactly makes you a "fan". You can't have everything you point at, and if you're still a kid/unemployed/student/whatever, face the fact that everyone else at some point found themselves in the same situation, and I can bet my ass off that I wasn't the only kid in town who couldn't have everything I wanted back in the days. Heck! I still can't, even though I have a pretty well paid job and very few expenses.

I know of people I'd consider more of a *insert franchise*-fan than myself, but they don't have nearly as much content related to *insert franchise* as I do. And it's those people I sometimes turn to get an appraisal done for some of my stuff + more information. And even though they don't have those things, they sure as hell know their ABC. It's not like they are all "Oh noes! *manufacturer* is raping me and my wallet! I don't have the e-penis 2000 on my shelf! My fandom is in trouble!"

And oh, I seriously doubt Capcom's gonna hate you for not buying one of the Collector's releases.

Comment

yea the devil may cry special edition was 80$ damn!

Comment

High price ;| Collectors Editions in the USA we're usually 10$ more over the standard. I do not like this new trend of 30$ more that MGS4 and Halo 3 started.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                              High price ;| Collectors Editions in the USA we're usually 10$ more over the standard. I do not like this new trend of 30$ more that MGS4 and Halo 3 started.

The $10 Collector's Edition were usually just box variations with a cheap regular DVD (or soundtrack CD) tossed in, if you're lucky. Not exactly something that cost anything.

I dunno what MGS4 packed with itself, but the Halo 3 package (including the Cat Helm edition too) came with Metal Box, video re-cap playthroughs/edits of Halo 1-2, Sound and display system configuration tools, documentaries and all sorts of extra junk. Heck, even a shitty little flash game!

The real problem I have with so called "Limited Editions" or "Collector's Edition" is when they are THE ONLY edition you can get. (You know, kinda like the Premium vs Arcade thingy on the 360 launch. When an Arcade system was like impossible to find, and still somewhat is a bit of a rare encounter.)

Comment

MGS4 packed in a making of Blu-Ray with it and a single soundtrack cd from the two disc set. Thats it.

Comment

Working...
                                X