RE5 to have collector's edition at 89.99$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE5 to have collector's edition at 89.99$

An interesting tidbit was revealed from Capcom's E3 briefing on Monday which was overlooked. Gaming Bits has the details.

Resident Evil 5 Release Date and Collector's Edition Priced Mark your calendar for Friday the 13th, March 2009. A fitting, and worldwide, release date for Resident Evil 5. Capcom is promising that it will be the "hardest and scariest" Resident Evil yet. The best looking too. Lines were long at Capcom's E3 meeting room for a hands-on play of it. It was the longest wait for gameplay time that I had seen at the show. The game was also given a prominent showing during Microsoft's Xbox 360 media briefing on Monday.

Capcom noted that a collector's edition will be released, although specific contents are unknown. You can expect to pay $89.99 for the collector's edition. Resident Evil 5 will be released on the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3.
    Gaming Bits
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 07-19-2008, 05:33 AM.

Why does every other game have a "collectors edition" these days?

Comment

Originally posted by rewak View Post
      Why does every other game have a "collectors edition" these days?
      More money

Comment

Good point.

Comment

Nevertheless I'am sure there will be plenty of people ready to buy this version of the game. I wonder what can possibly be in bonus features.
          "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

I'd guess a figure of Chris, a poster, a sound track and a behind the scenes documentary type thing. That seems fairly standard for Special Editions.
            Last edited by Darkmoon; 07-19-2008, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Only 89.99 dollars? What a injustice!!! Jesus! In Italy a standard game for 360 or PS3 costs 69 Euro, 109 Dollars!!!!! I don't want to think how much could be cost a collector edition here...150 dollars maybe
              American are so lucky....

Comment

Well you are lucky you have a colectors editions on sale in your country at all, because I'am not that lucky
                "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Is the special edition available in the uk?

Comment

$90, for a frickin' video game... ?

Jesus, CAPCOM, haven't you rat-bastards robbed your fans enough!? First, we get bombarded by useless ports, and now ya'll are gonna try to charge us $90 for a "Collector's Edition"? As far as i'm concerned, you (CAPCOM) can take your special edition and shove it right up your money-hogging ass'.[/RANT]
                    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

...I'll buy it...and make my credit card and bank account weep. I bought the special DMC4 and didn't even touch the extra.
                      sigpic
                      Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Originally posted by Sunglasses View Post
                        Only 89.99 dollars? What a injustice!!! Jesus! In Italy a standard game for 360 or PS3 costs 69 Euro, 109 Dollars!!!!! I don't want to think how much could be cost a collector edition here...150 dollars maybe
                        American are so lucky....
                        109 dollars,here in brazil you find a ps3/xbox 360 game for no less than 115 dollars and the collector edition i about 200 dollars maybe even more,so consider yourself lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                          $90, for a frickin' video game... ?

Jesus, CAPCOM, haven't you rat-bastards robbed your fans enough!? First, we get bombarded by useless ports, and now ya'll are gonna try to charge us $90 for a "Collector's Edition"? As far as i'm concerned, you (CAPCOM) can take your special edition and shove it right up your money-hogging ass'.[/RANT]
                          You clearly haven't seen the Halo 3, Fallout 3, Alone in the Dark, and Metal Gear Solid 4 collector's editions.

Comment

I'll buy it at a high price !

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                              I'll buy it at a high price !
                              Nice!

Anyway special edition or not its not like you have to buy it. What I don't like is how the games cost $59.99. They make it seem they cost this much because they are HD yet any PC game is $49.99 standard price.

Comment

Working...
                              X