Capcom releases more Dead Rising Wii information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capcom releases more Dead Rising Wii information

Capcom has officially released some information on Dead Rising for the wii.
    The game will come to American shores under the name Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop. It will utilize the same engine Resident Evil 4:Wii edition did and will be released sometime this winter. The port promises waggle controls, a streamlined story, and an improved saving system.
    Interestingly enough, Capcom promises the game will have hoards of zombies despite what has been seen in previous screens. We will have to see gameplay footage before we can judge how the number of zombies will differ.

Originally posted by Capcom Press Release
    SAN MATEO, Calif. — July 21, 2008 — Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced that Dead Rising™: Chop Till You Drop is in development for the Wii™ home video game system. Based on the critically acclaimed Dead Rising™, which has sold in excess of one million units since its release in 2006, Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop is scheduled to hit store shelves this Winter.

Taking advantage of the same proven technology that brought Resident Evil® 4 so successfully to Wii, Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop delivers a more immersive, intuitive and interactive experience as players use the Wii Remote to shoot, slash and bludgeon their way through a zombie infested shopping mall, fighting for survival.

Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop follows the harrowing tale of Frank West, an overly zealous freelance journalist on a hunt for the scoop of a lifetime. In pursuit of a juicy lead, he makes his way to the small suburban town of Willamette only to find that it has become overrun by zombies. Frank escapes to the local shopping mall, thinking it will be a bastion of safety but it turns out to be anything but. It will be a true struggle to survive the endless stream of enemies, but players will have full reign of a realistic shopping centre and its varied stores offering an endless supply of real and makeshift weapons to fight off the flesh-hungry mob. If Frank is running low on health he can pay a visit to one of the many restaurants or cafes for a meal in order to restore his energy and continue the fight.

The game is split into a series of individual cases, all of which Frank must complete in order to gain vital information that will allow him to piece together the truth behind the horrendous epidemic. In addition to the cases, players will be faced with the dilemma of deciding the rescue priority of the residents of Wilamette who also sought sanctuary in the mall. Depending on the player’s skill, some may not be so fortunate as each rescue needs to be undertaken in a set time period, therefore players may need to delay completion of a case in order to save a fellow human.

Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop’s infectious humor delivers some welcome relief from the incessant tide of zombies with players able to dress Frank up in a variety of comedic costumes and take on the undead hordes with a selection of improvised and sometimes highly ineffective weapons such as a toy sword or a football.

Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop includes the following features:
    • Utilizes the same engine as Resident Evil 4 Wii edition.
    • New level of interaction – aim and fire guns, swing and throw weapons and shake off zombie attacks with added Wii Remote functionality
    • Huge environment – expansive indoor and outdoor areas of the mall provide a variety of different locations to explore
    • Improved save functionality allows for more seamless gameplay
    • Hoards of enemies on screen at once resulting in non-stop, pulse-pounding action
    • Anything in the mall is at Frank’s disposal
    • Grab environmental objects like umbrellas and benches to use as improvised weapons
    • Snatch items from different stores to use as weapons including golf clubs, lawnmowers, frying pans and more
    • Consume food and drink to revive health
    Personally I am hoping that the title will feature support for the upcoming Wii Motion Plus that is due this winter.

In related news there are rumors that a proper sequel to Dead Rising is in the works and will be episodic.

YAY!!!!! Dead Rising!!!!!!!!!!!! i can't wait!!!! i'm very happy is coming to america!!!

Comment

Im definitely buying it.

I know it won't happen but I wish that some multiplayer would be included.

Comment

I really can't wait too play this on the wii thanks for the new info BLSR1.

Comment

I wasn't able to get it here in germany. Too bad...
          Hope they make it just a little bit less violent. (Better not but I wouldn't
          get it elseway). The game must be damn good. All Gaming Magazines in
          Germany gave it High Ratings. If the USK doesn't have a problem with it
          it's in my collection, that's for sure.

Comment

I know I'll be adding this title to my on going list of Wii games. Thanks for the update.

Comment

This is great news and now my Wii will get more use.

Comment

Thanks Dot.
                I wasn't sure if it front page news material.

Comment

This months Nintendo Power had a 4-page article on this in it, I'll put up some scans later.

Comment

I'm just playing dead rising, so... my opinion would be pointless, but... it seems nice for wii owners to have the oportunity to experience one of the best games I've played... yet

Comment

Sorry guys, I completely forgot about the scans. I'm away from my house right now, so I don't have access to my scanner or my NP, but I'll scan it as soon as I have the chance.

EDIT: Here they are. Sorry about the crap quality, I've never scanned a magazine before and I've discovered it's hard to work around the the center fold. Pretty much the coolest thing I noticed is the RE4 dodge controls.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by LeonsBuddyDave; 07-25-2008, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Im going to remain on the fence about this game until more definite details *and videos* about it are released.
                        Just seems like Capcom are grinding out their multi platform strategy to get more profit before considering a sequel, which will no doubt be on the Wii if the game is successful *dies*.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonsBuddyDave View Post
                          Sorry guys, I completely forgot about the scans. I'm away from my house right now, so I don't have access to my scanner or my NP, but I'll scan it as soon as I have the chance.

EDIT: Here they are. Sorry about the crap quality, I've never scanned a magazine before and I've discovered it's hard to work around the the center fold. Pretty much the coolest thing I noticed is the RE4 dodge controls.
                          Thanks, man. I am looking forward to this game, just so I can bring my Wii games collection to a whopping THREE! (REUC, Okami, Dead Rising)

Honestly, I am almost bought a 360 for DR, but if I can get it on Wii, should be good enough for me.

And then all I have to do is wait for the PS3 price drop and RE5...

Comment

ooooo I'm really excited for this. I've played Dead Rising on the 360 and its an absolute blast. There are no words to describe the theraputic feeling of mowing down hordes of zombies with a single chainsaw.

And its good to hear there will be the addition of the RE4 Wii engine. The only thing I don't like about Dead Rising 360 is the aiming system. It's so slow!

Comment

Working...
                            X