Resident Evil: Degeneration - Trailer on IGN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
    I don't think you'll see a kid zombie somehow, not the way things are going with Political Correctness *Especially after one hack journalists comments on the lack of black developers at capcom Japan, leading Capcom *amongst other reasons* to put whites and hispanics in shanty town africa*
    Ugh, that pisses me off every time I think about it...

"Hack" is nice way of putting it...

Comment

"Shoot them in the head."

"Try not to get killed."

"Nothing can stop it now."

Leon retains his cheesy lines and general macho-badassery even in a movie. And somehow they made him look even more emo with his long, perfectly styled hair.

Any thoughts on the identity of the guy doing all the rolls at 1:40?

EDIT: I just slowed it down and realized that he had Leons tactical suit and Leons hair. Thus making him Leon.

Claire's cross-eyed in the screen capture. XD
      Last edited by LeonsBuddyDave; 07-26-2008, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
        Ugh, that pisses me off every time I think about it...

"Hack" is nice way of putting it...
        You only have to hear N'Gai Croal *sp* to hear he's somewhat of a hack, its just hilarious that during E3 he was bombarded by African Americans who actually work for the Japanese Capcom branch *who are also working on RE5* so it rendered his comments void to begin with.

Comment

one thing that has caught my eye, is that Leon doesn't have a scar from being hit from Krausers dagger, surely there should be one?

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude
            You only have to hear N'Gai Croal *sp* to hear he's somewhat of a hack, its just hilarious that during E3 he was bombarded by African Americans who actually work for the Japanese Capcom branch *who are also working on RE5* so it rendered his comments void to begin with.
            That's awesome.

Originally posted by stefan2007 View Post
            one thing that has caught my eye, is that Leon doesn't have a scar from being hit from Krausers dagger, surely there should be one?
            Leon has a healing factor, like that hairy guy from X-Men. Leon is no longer a mere human: during his government agent training, he bathed in the Lazarus Pit and emerged a lithe, acrobatic, fearless, flippant killing machine.
            Last edited by Jill's Boob; 07-27-2008, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Goddammit I was going to use the Lazarus Pit reference!!!!! *shakes fist angrily*

Comment

That's awesome.

Leon has a healing factor, like that hairy guy from X-Men. Leon is no longer a mere human: during his government agent training, he bathed in the Lazarus Pit and emerged a lithe, acrobatic, fearless, flippant killing machine.
                Capcom really have to listen to there audience. Leon has become "Alice" obviously not a woman, but in context a hero who take the horror out of the franchise.

If this film is like RE4, RE UC and also RE5 follows it as well, them I up for calling the franchise Dead.

I never thought Id say those words, but it looks inevitable

Comment

I think part of why no one finds the franchise scary anymore is partly because sensitivities change as we grow order, we outgrew the horror, smashed windows no longer shock, but give a pathetic jolt, someone running at us might make us hesitate but not worry out of fear when playing the game, I think Capcom acknowledge that and decided to gravitate the series from Horror to Survival Action partly because of that, and besides, how much horror can you regurgitate for each game?
                  The same party tricks over and over again, and cheap thrills, it'd just turn the series into Silent Hill, I think the action route was the best route Capcom could take without making the series go too stagnant.

Comment

I agree. I just reckon they didn't need to go as far as they have done. Let's face it...zombie comming through the window is still more excting than, 'I'm running at you! Now I'm not, I'm standing!' There are plenty of ways to go the action route and be scary.

Comment

Yep, the Regenerators are proof that they can still do horror with the new gameplay style. I hope theres more of that, because that section made me giddy.

Comment

The Regenerators (and to a point those big buggers wearing armour) were pretty damned creepy and a lot more intimidating that the Ganados. I remember the first time I played through...I somehow failed to grab the thermaloptic scope so I could not work out how to kill them. Eventually I ended up pouring a TMP clip into each one.

Now those are enemies. A single creepy and tough enemy is a lot better, for me at least, than several dozen piss weak enemies.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                          The Regenerators (and to a point those big buggers wearing armour) were pretty damned creepy and a lot more intimidating that the Ganados. I remember the first time I played through...I somehow failed to grab the thermaloptic scope so I could not work out how to kill them. Eventually I ended up pouring a TMP clip into each one.

Now those are enemies. A single creepy and tough enemy is a lot better, for me at least, than several dozen piss weak enemies.
                          I didn't get the scope either at first...but I doubled back after I passed the room. The big guys in the armor were creepy...you would think they would be slow but they were pretty fast and could deal some heavy damage. I would have loved to see more of them.
                          sigpic
                          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Truth be told, first time I just blew them *regenerators* sky high through alot of Broken Butterfly fire :p.

Comment

It begins to annoy. We already know that you think Leon isn't a human
                              anymore. He's more like a super-heroe with extra-ordinary powers as you
                              say. Ok, but to me it seems that you want to force your way of thinking
                              about him to everybody here. Did you think about the possibility
                              that Capcom has forgotten that? This can also happen to great
                              developer. It's right that the things Leon does are unrealistic, but
                              these techniques are making the game easier to play. Or could you
                              fight a huge horde of enemys all alone? They HAD to make him so
                              unrealistic for this kind of gameplay.

Sorry if I exaggerated but it begins to annoy me.
                              This answer came late but I wasn't able to resist my mind.
                              I had to write this.
                              Last edited by レオンスコットケネディ; 07-27-2008, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by レオンスコットケネディ View Post
                                It begins to annoy. We already know that you think Leon isn't a human
                                anymore. He's more like a super-heroe with extra-ordinary powers as you
                                say. Ok, but to me it seems that you want to force your way of thinking
                                about him to everybody here. Did you think about the possibility
                                that Capcom has forgotten that? This can also happen to great
                                developer. It's right that the things Leon does are unrealistic, but
                                these techniques are making the game easier to play. Or could you
                                fight a huge horde of enemys all alone? They HAD to make him so
                                unrealistic for this kind of gameplay.

Sorry if I exaggerated but it begins to annoy me.
                                This answer came late but I wasn't able to resist my mind.
                                I had to write this.
                                You are getting bent out of shape about it...if you read throughout the thread, I am not the only one who thinks negatively of Leon's characterization. And yes, I am vocal about my disdain for the direction of the character post-RE2.

Face it, you are a Leon fanboy whose screen-name is "Leon S. Kennedy" in hiragana or katakana. I am an RE fan that hates Leon. We'll never see eye-to-eye.

So, just ignore my jokes about "superhuman" Leon. I am not trying to change people's opinion of him, and I am not trying to attack Leon fans like you.

I was merely bantering back and forth with some other folks in this thread.

Chill out.

Comment

Working...
                                X