No announcement yet.

Resident Evil: Degeneration - Trailer on IGN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not really a fan of Leon, my fav character was Billy Coen.
    But it doesn't look that good in Katakana. It's just annoying how
    you tell everybody his abilitys aren't realistic. Yeah it's true, they aren't.
    But as I said before, if they wouldn't be unrealistic, the game would be
    a little bit harder. What you think how Chris and Sheva will act in
    RE5? They will have moves like Leon and win against entire armys of
    Enemys. Don't you worry about Chris getting like Leon?

I would also be happy if an admin could change my nick into Falco
    or Billy Coen. Leon is just the person of my favorite RE Game (2).

Originally posted by Jill's Boob
    Chill out.
    I could calm down. But what am I talking for?
    We are both running against walls.
    Last edited by レオンスコットケネディ; 07-27-2008, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by レオンスコットケネディ View Post
      I'm not really a fan of Leon, my fav character was Billy Coen.
      But it doesn't look that good in Katakana. It's just annoying how
      you tell everybody his abilitys aren't realistic. Yeah it's true, they aren't.
      But as I said before, if they wouldn't be unrealistic, the game would be
      a little bit harder. What you think how Chris and Sheva will act in
      RE5? They will have moves like Leon and win against entire armys of
      Enemys. Don't you worry about Chris getting like Leon?

I would also be happy if an admin could change my nick into Falco
      or Billy Coen. Leon is just the person of my favorite RE Game (2).

I could calm down. But what am I talking for?
      We are both running against walls.
      No, I am not unreasonable. And it's not like I am trying to argue with you or you are trying to argue with me.

I know it is a game, and that there are unrealistic aspects to it. But Leon's attitude and physical feats are beyond ridiculous (to me). That's just the way I feel...I felt like they were trying to turn him into Solid Snake (who I also hate).

Claire also pulled off some ridiculous stuff (in RECV) that I also shook my head at.

If Chris (my favorite character, along with Jill) turns into anything like RE4 Leon, I'll probably die inside.

That's cool that you like Billy Coen. And I understand why you like Leon, RE2 Leon was likable.

Listen, I got no hard feelings against you. And despite my feelings about Leon, I still like playing RE4 - it's a fun game.

I'm not trying to change anyone else's opinion on Leon or on any other idea. I'm just here for discussion.

If you go back and look my comment (which set you off), you'll see that myself, The Dude, and Rosetta Mist were all joking around about various aspects of RE4. We're all just messing around.
      Last edited by Jill's Boob; 07-27-2008, 06:54 PM.

Comment

I know it is a game, and that there are unrealistic aspects to it. But Leon's attitude and physical feats are beyond ridiculous (to me). That's just the way I feel...I felt like they were trying to turn him into Solid Snake (who I also hate).
        Finally, I feel like we are getting onto the same stage.

That's cool that you like Billy Coen. And I understand why you like Leon, RE2 Leon was likable.
        To tell you the truth... Billy is my fav character only because of one reason:

He has a good background story. I also talked to Twist about this. I will
        quote myself this time:

Originally posted by Reon Sukotto Kenedi (me)
        The only character (I think) you can know
        very well is Billy Coen. You learn so much about
        his past. No other RE Character shows so much
        of a real character and story behind his seemingly
        strong will to survive this horror. Such a great and
        dramatic story is missing behind the most of the
        RE Characters. Sure they are interesting but you
        have to admit that the most of them don't have
        a great background story. For example:

Jill: What is she doing in S.T.A.R.S. ? How did she get there? And in RE3. Why did she go back there after all? She knows of Umbrella and the t-Virus and still returned.

Leon: He came to Raccoon City as a cop. Okay a bit of story. Fine... But what did he do before? What is
        his true character, if he wouldn't be in this
        horror?

and now, Billy:

Billy is an Ex-Lieutnant of the Army. He shall have
        gotten executed. We also learn why. They were
        sent into a war, against the Guerilla (I hope it's the
        right word in english). They had to attack their
        headquarter. But they were sent into a trap.
        There was no headquarter. Only a village of
        innocent people. But they got the order to shoot,
        after all. Billy detests that. He's normally a nice
        guy, but arrested, for reasons, which he can't
        accept. He is no murder.

So you see. To me, Billy is the most interesting
        character of all. He has the best background story
        and shows that he had a life before the incident
        in the train and the mansion.
        Maybe I'm alone with this opinion but I don't see so much of
        a good background story for Chris, Jill or Leon. They are just popping
        up, out of nowhere. But you don't learn so much about their lifes
        before the disasters.

EDIT @Jill

If Chris (my favorite character, along with Jill) turns into anything like RE4 Leon, I'll probably die inside.
        I don't want to take your hopes away, but I guess it will happen what has to happen.
        RE5 uses the same Gameplay, and Chris has to fight against a even huger amount
        of enemys than Leon had to. He will also need to use some skills you hate.
        Maybe he is not getting that fearless as Leon, but he's getting as strong
        as he for sure.
        But I think there may still be a Ray of Light. Sheva can use weapons, Ashley couldn't.
        Maybe Chris is not getting as strong as Leon is cause Sheva and Chris reach his
        strength together.
        Last edited by レオンスコットケネディ; 07-27-2008, 07:35 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure... I don't think our little smalltalk belongs to the Topic.
          Maybe just a bit because of Leon. But we're talking about Leon from RE4.

Ach vergessen wir die ganze Scheiße...
          If we're already Off-Topic, we can have a little fun.
          Take a look at this video about Forest of RE1 in the mode:
          One Dangerous Zombie.
          Enjoy!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKhaspU7Me0
          Last edited by レオンスコットケネディ; 07-27-2008, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Well, in regards to Chris and RE5, what I meant is if they alter his character into something like Leon. I don't think Chris should be spouting off one-liners and doing backflips (the one he does in Umbrella Chronicles is aggravating) or feeling no fear. Chris has been a relatively stoic character throughout the series, and should not be altered. He has increased his musculature, but I think after fighting BOWs and trying to go hand-to-hand versus Wesker, it is a natural progression. And his brawling moves (besides the hook punch that knocks down like 10 enemies) seem based on realistic street fighting. And he looks far from lithe, in the one trailer, when he leaps off the building, his body is flailing around in mid-air...it is quite un-majestic and believable for such a massive upper-body.

I don't really have anything against the gameplay instituted in RE4. The hordes of enemies, over-the-shoulder camera, etc - it all works for me, and I felt the series needed the change. I think the ammo should be in a smaller supply than in RE4, so that you feel the need to sometimes run away or choose your shots carefully.

My biggest concern for RE5 is the story. The plot needs to be really good, and I pray that it actually does tie up all the loose ends in the RE mythology.

Concerning characters...I agree with you about character development. Billy did have a substantial backstory, but it was kind of necessary to his inclusion in RE0. His past made his character a fugitive and justified his association with Zero's plot. The unfortunate thing is that his character has seemingly disappeared since then.

Jill and Chris have limited backstory's, but their significance to the RE mythos has always been about their involvement in Racoon City and into the future. Jill was a Delta Force member who joined S.T.A.R.s, and Chris was a former USAF pilot who was recruited into S.T.A.R.s by his old friend Barry Burton. Since then, the two have taken it upon themselves to physically and spiritually battle Umbrella. Jill stayed in Racoon after Chris and Barry left, so she could pursue more investigation into Umbrella's labs in the city. She just happened to get mixed up with Nemesis and the nuke strike.

I don't think the pasts of Chris and Jill are that relevant to the RE storyline, though as fans, it'd be nice to learn a bit more.

Leon, I think, before RE2, was just a young man attending the police academy (perhaps the same one as Commandant Lassard and Carey Mahoney?). He then graduated and was assigned to R.P.D. We all know how his first day went. Again, his past before Racoon isn't necessary to advance the plot. What would be interesting now, is a bit more insight into his life between Racoon and Spain. We know he trained to be a government agent, but when did he get to know Krauser? What kind of other assignments did he go on?

The RE series has never been *too much* about character development. Just look at all the unresolved issues...where did Rebecca go? What happened to Billy? To Carlos? For God's sake..."Barry? Where's Barry?" Did Claire do some advanced training to get at the level shown in RECV? Why were Chris and Jill so "cuddly" at the end of RE1? Why did Wesker's R.P.D. desk have a picture of Rebecca in her basketball attire? What happened to little Sherry Birkin?

There are surely a lot more holes in the RE plot. I just wanted to bring up a few that make me scratch my head. Hopefully "Degeneration" and RE5 will asnwer many lingering questions.

Well, it has been good to discuss things with you. I just hope we don't anger the moderators for talking about things not necessarily related to the thread topic...

Comment

One thing about the STARS's office I always wondered about was why there were so few desks, and only the Alpha's mentioned. In your question, Jill's Boob, about Rebecca's image on Wesker's desk....well...my conclusion would be that they all shared desk space, and possibly Enrico (since he was Bravo's captain) had the picture. Not to mention the fact that Wesker had been 'dead' and gone from STARS for how long? And let's not forget the desk had been ransacked. The picture could have come from anywhere. Aside from the fact that Rebecca is in her basketball outfit, is it so odd that the team leader(s) would have a picture of a new recruit? What about the utter lack of personal items from the other members of Alpha? Again...why was there nothing about Bravo members except for Rebecca, the newest one? Why did she get her own desk while others that had been apart of the group didn't? Again...my theory is they shared desk space...and Capcom just didn't feel like giving any of the others more screen time or thought since they obviously wouldn't be coming back.

If anyone expects to figure out the entire back history of the characters and why they act the way the do, please don't hold your breath. We aren't going to find out why Jill left Delta force, or the reason Leon decided to join the RPD. We'll probably never find out what happened to Barry, his family, and Rebecca. It's something we'll just have to deal with.
              Last edited by Bertha; 07-28-2008, 03:04 AM.
              sigpic
              Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Some of the backstories always irritated.
                Jill would have been well too young to have been in Delta Force, let alone leave it willingly to transfer out as to my knowledge like most military groups you have to serve for a minimum of 3-4 years in your particular unit, along with give 12 months before you discharge yourself.
                Chris I can just about get to a certain degree as to my knowledge he was dishonorably discharged from the Air Force but I might be getting myself muddled up.

I thought I read somewhere that the theory was that Barry was actually a mormon, and those weren't actually his daughters but in fact his wives, and he's living on his own island fortress in the middle of the pacific with Rebecca chained in the basement.

Then again this was probably 3-4 years ago, and I was probably drunk :p.

Comment

I'm not hoping to find out more about Resident Evil by learning a bit more
                  about the characters backgroundstories. But wouldn't it give the
                  characters much more personality? As I've already written, Billy is the most
                  interesting character of all, to me. His backgroundstory gives him more personality.
                  How would it have been if you would have to play with him without ever learning
                  about his past? Wouldn't be so interesting. You wouldn't understand the character.
                  The story wouldn't be the problem, but the character is just not that interesting.

Comment

I always thought that Barry moved his family to Canada to hide them from umbrella just incase and he went on to Europe with Chris.
                    Is the nemesis ending with Barry canon or is it just a bonus?

Comment

I actually like Leon now. He looks much less like a shitty bishounen with the attitude of a prick.

And he has stubble and now leaks testosterone. Fuck yeah!

And that G monster is a new B.O.W version. It's more refined looking than Birkin or the G mutants. Fucking finally we get to see a manufactured one. =D
                      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by TheOrganization View Post
                        I always thought that Barry moved his family to Canada to hide them from umbrella just incase and he went on to Europe with Chris.
                        Is the nemesis ending with Barry canon or is it just a bonus?
                        Yeah, that's the canon ending. You find a report from Nicholai in Survivor so he must have survived, and therefore the Barry ending has to be the right one.

As for Leon...he may look better and more rugged but turn him sideways. He's actually 2-d now. He's lost so much personality he lost a whole dimension in space. Half the time he escapes from zombies by sliding under the door.

Comment

Who is that girl sat with claire in the airport waving?

Ah i thought as much about Barry, i thought this movie was gonna feature a lot of the main characters in the series and the airport was only a tiny portion of the movie?

Comment

Imo, if only the developers of the movie are gona surprise us, you are wrong. Only Leon and Claire in the airport for all the movie.
                            Last edited by Nomad9026; 07-28-2008, 08:50 AM.
                            "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

...you mean Leon, right?

I assumed it was mostly going to take place in the airport, along with the survivors who get quarainted and those marine style folk. It'll certainly make activating the self destruct more exciting. Although why the airport would have one of those is beyond me.

Comment

I don't understand how the virus was again able to escape.
                                Or is this guy we see at the very beginning really Marcus?

Comment

Working...
                                X