Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 149

Thread: Resident Evil: Degeneration - Trailer on IGN

  1. #61
    #47 Chainsaw Majini Jill's Boob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Usually a bra
    Posts
    2,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    I don't think you'll see a kid zombie somehow, not the way things are going with Political Correctness *Especially after one hack journalists comments on the lack of black developers at capcom Japan, leading Capcom *amongst other reasons* to put whites and hispanics in shanty town africa*
    Ugh, that pisses me off every time I think about it...

    "Hack" is nice way of putting it...

  2. #62
    #22 Humanoid Leech LeonsBuddyDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    426

    Default

    "Shoot them in the head."

    "Try not to get killed."

    "Nothing can stop it now."

    Leon retains his cheesy lines and general macho-badassery even in a movie. And somehow they made him look even more emo with his long, perfectly styled hair.

    Any thoughts on the identity of the guy doing all the rolls at 1:40?

    EDIT: I just slowed it down and realized that he had Leons tactical suit and Leons hair. Thus making him Leon.

    Claire's cross-eyed in the screen capture. XD
    Last edited by LeonsBuddyDave; 07-26-2008 at 07:34 PM.

  3. #63
    Barry's Super Awesome Army The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jill's Boob View Post
    Ugh, that pisses me off every time I think about it...

    "Hack" is nice way of putting it...
    You only have to hear N'Gai Croal *sp* to hear he's somewhat of a hack, its just hilarious that during E3 he was bombarded by African Americans who actually work for the Japanese Capcom branch *who are also working on RE5* so it rendered his comments void to begin with.

  4. #64
    #02 Bat
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    24

    Default

    one thing that has caught my eye, is that Leon doesn't have a scar from being hit from Krausers dagger, surely there should be one?

  5. #65
    #47 Chainsaw Majini Jill's Boob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Usually a bra
    Posts
    2,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude
    You only have to hear N'Gai Croal *sp* to hear he's somewhat of a hack, its just hilarious that during E3 he was bombarded by African Americans who actually work for the Japanese Capcom branch *who are also working on RE5* so it rendered his comments void to begin with.
    That's awesome.

    Quote Originally Posted by stefan2007 View Post
    one thing that has caught my eye, is that Leon doesn't have a scar from being hit from Krausers dagger, surely there should be one?
    Leon has a healing factor, like that hairy guy from X-Men. Leon is no longer a mere human: during his government agent training, he bathed in the Lazarus Pit and emerged a lithe, acrobatic, fearless, flippant killing machine.
    Last edited by Jill's Boob; 07-27-2008 at 11:22 AM.

  6. #66
    Barry's Super Awesome Army The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,687

    Default

    Goddammit I was going to use the Lazarus Pit reference!!!!! *shakes fist angrily*

  7. #67
    #02 Bat
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jill's Boob View Post
    That's awesome.



    Leon has a healing factor, like that hairy guy from X-Men. Leon is no longer a mere human: during his government agent training, he bathed in the Lazarus Pit and emerged a lithe, acrobatic, fearless, flippant killing machine.
    Capcom really have to listen to there audience. Leon has become "Alice" obviously not a woman, but in context a hero who take the horror out of the franchise.

    If this film is like RE4, RE UC and also RE5 follows it as well, them I up for calling the franchise Dead.

    I never thought Id say those words, but it looks inevitable

  8. #68
    Barry's Super Awesome Army The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,687

    Default

    I think part of why no one finds the franchise scary anymore is partly because sensitivities change as we grow order, we outgrew the horror, smashed windows no longer shock, but give a pathetic jolt, someone running at us might make us hesitate but not worry out of fear when playing the game, I think Capcom acknowledge that and decided to gravitate the series from Horror to Survival Action partly because of that, and besides, how much horror can you regurgitate for each game?
    The same party tricks over and over again, and cheap thrills, it'd just turn the series into Silent Hill, I think the action route was the best route Capcom could take without making the series go too stagnant.

  9. #69
    Overly Old School
    Darkmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Far too close for anyone's comfort.
    Posts
    7,885

    Default

    I agree. I just reckon they didn't need to go as far as they have done. Let's face it...zombie comming through the window is still more excting than, 'I'm running at you! Now I'm not, I'm standing!' There are plenty of ways to go the action route and be scary.

  10. #70
    War Horse Uranium
    Dot50Cal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    7,275

    Default

    Yep, the Regenerators are proof that they can still do horror with the new gameplay style. I hope theres more of that, because that section made me giddy.

  11. #71
    Overly Old School
    Darkmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Far too close for anyone's comfort.
    Posts
    7,885

    Default

    The Regenerators (and to a point those big buggers wearing armour) were pretty damned creepy and a lot more intimidating that the Ganados. I remember the first time I played through...I somehow failed to grab the thermaloptic scope so I could not work out how to kill them. Eventually I ended up pouring a TMP clip into each one.

    Now those are enemies. A single creepy and tough enemy is a lot better, for me at least, than several dozen piss weak enemies.

  12. #72
    Sadistic Medicine
    Bertha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkmoon View Post
    The Regenerators (and to a point those big buggers wearing armour) were pretty damned creepy and a lot more intimidating that the Ganados. I remember the first time I played through...I somehow failed to grab the thermaloptic scope so I could not work out how to kill them. Eventually I ended up pouring a TMP clip into each one.

    Now those are enemies. A single creepy and tough enemy is a lot better, for me at least, than several dozen piss weak enemies.
    I didn't get the scope either at first...but I doubled back after I passed the room. The big guys in the armor were creepy...you would think they would be slow but they were pretty fast and could deal some heavy damage. I would have loved to see more of them.

  13. #73
    Barry's Super Awesome Army The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,687

    Default

    Truth be told, first time I just blew them *regenerators* sky high through alot of Broken Butterfly fire :p.

  14. #74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jill's Boob View Post
    Leon has a healing factor, like that hairy guy from X-Men. Leon is no longer a mere human: during his government agent training, he bathed in the Lazarus Pit and emerged a lithe, acrobatic, fearless, flippant killing machine.
    It begins to annoy. We already know that you think Leon isn't a human
    anymore. He's more like a super-heroe with extra-ordinary powers as you
    say. Ok, but to me it seems that you want to force your way of thinking
    about him to everybody here. Did you think about the possibility
    that Capcom has forgotten that? This can also happen to great
    developer. It's right that the things Leon does are unrealistic, but
    these techniques are making the game easier to play. Or could you
    fight a huge horde of enemys all alone? They HAD to make him so
    unrealistic for this kind of gameplay.

    Sorry if I exaggerated but it begins to annoy me.
    This answer came late but I wasn't able to resist my mind.
    I had to write this.
    Last edited by レオンスコットケネディ; 07-27-2008 at 04:43 PM.

  15. #75
    #47 Chainsaw Majini Jill's Boob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Usually a bra
    Posts
    2,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by レオンスコットケネディ View Post
    It begins to annoy. We already know that you think Leon isn't a human
    anymore. He's more like a super-heroe with extra-ordinary powers as you
    say. Ok, but to me it seems that you want to force your way of thinking
    about him to everybody here. Did you think about the possibility
    that Capcom has forgotten that? This can also happen to great
    developer. It's right that the things Leon does are unrealistic, but
    these techniques are making the game easier to play. Or could you
    fight a huge horde of enemys all alone? They HAD to make him so
    unrealistic for this kind of gameplay.

    Sorry if I exaggerated but it begins to annoy me.
    This answer came late but I wasn't able to resist my mind.
    I had to write this.
    You are getting bent out of shape about it...if you read throughout the thread, I am not the only one who thinks negatively of Leon's characterization. And yes, I am vocal about my disdain for the direction of the character post-RE2.

    Face it, you are a Leon fanboy whose screen-name is "Leon S. Kennedy" in hiragana or katakana. I am an RE fan that hates Leon. We'll never see eye-to-eye.

    So, just ignore my jokes about "superhuman" Leon. I am not trying to change people's opinion of him, and I am not trying to attack Leon fans like you.

    I was merely bantering back and forth with some other folks in this thread.

    Chill out.

  16. #76

    Default

    I'm not really a fan of Leon, my fav character was Billy Coen.
    But it doesn't look that good in Katakana. It's just annoying how
    you tell everybody his abilitys aren't realistic. Yeah it's true, they aren't.
    But as I said before, if they wouldn't be unrealistic, the game would be
    a little bit harder. What you think how Chris and Sheva will act in
    RE5? They will have moves like Leon and win against entire armys of
    Enemys. Don't you worry about Chris getting like Leon?

    I would also be happy if an admin could change my nick into Falco
    or Billy Coen. Leon is just the person of my favorite RE Game (2).

    Quote Originally Posted by Jill's Boob
    Chill out.
    I could calm down. But what am I talking for?
    We are both running against walls.
    Last edited by レオンスコットケネディ; 07-27-2008 at 06:43 PM.

  17. #77
    #47 Chainsaw Majini Jill's Boob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Usually a bra
    Posts
    2,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by レオンスコットケネディ View Post
    I'm not really a fan of Leon, my fav character was Billy Coen.
    But it doesn't look that good in Katakana. It's just annoying how
    you tell everybody his abilitys aren't realistic. Yeah it's true, they aren't.
    But as I said before, if they wouldn't be unrealistic, the game would be
    a little bit harder. What you think how Chris and Sheva will act in
    RE5? They will have moves like Leon and win against entire armys of
    Enemys. Don't you worry about Chris getting like Leon?

    I would also be happy if an admin could change my nick into Falco
    or Billy Coen. Leon is just the person of my favorite RE Game (2).


    I could calm down. But what am I talking for?
    We are both running against walls.
    No, I am not unreasonable. And it's not like I am trying to argue with you or you are trying to argue with me.

    I know it is a game, and that there are unrealistic aspects to it. But Leon's attitude and physical feats are beyond ridiculous (to me). That's just the way I feel...I felt like they were trying to turn him into Solid Snake (who I also hate).

    Claire also pulled off some ridiculous stuff (in RECV) that I also shook my head at.

    If Chris (my favorite character, along with Jill) turns into anything like RE4 Leon, I'll probably die inside.

    That's cool that you like Billy Coen. And I understand why you like Leon, RE2 Leon was likable.

    Listen, I got no hard feelings against you. And despite my feelings about Leon, I still like playing RE4 - it's a fun game.

    I'm not trying to change anyone else's opinion on Leon or on any other idea. I'm just here for discussion.

    If you go back and look my comment (which set you off), you'll see that myself, The Dude, and Rosetta Mist were all joking around about various aspects of RE4. We're all just messing around.
    Last edited by Jill's Boob; 07-27-2008 at 06:54 PM.

  18. #78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jill's Boob
    I know it is a game, and that there are unrealistic aspects to it. But Leon's attitude and physical feats are beyond ridiculous (to me). That's just the way I feel...I felt like they were trying to turn him into Solid Snake (who I also hate).
    Finally, I feel like we are getting onto the same stage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jill's Boob
    That's cool that you like Billy Coen. And I understand why you like Leon, RE2 Leon was likable.
    To tell you the truth... Billy is my fav character only because of one reason:

    He has a good background story. I also talked to Twist about this. I will
    quote myself this time:

    Quote Originally Posted by Reon Sukotto Kenedi (me)
    The only character (I think) you can know
    very well is Billy Coen. You learn so much about
    his past. No other RE Character shows so much
    of a real character and story behind his seemingly
    strong will to survive this horror. Such a great and
    dramatic story is missing behind the most of the
    RE Characters. Sure they are interesting but you
    have to admit that the most of them don't have
    a great background story. For example:

    Jill: What is she doing in S.T.A.R.S. ? How did she get there? And in RE3. Why did she go back there after all? She knows of Umbrella and the t-Virus and still returned.

    Leon: He came to Raccoon City as a cop. Okay a bit of story. Fine... But what did he do before? What is
    his true character, if he wouldn't be in this
    horror?

    and now, Billy:

    Billy is an Ex-Lieutnant of the Army. He shall have
    gotten executed. We also learn why. They were
    sent into a war, against the Guerilla (I hope it's the
    right word in english). They had to attack their
    headquarter. But they were sent into a trap.
    There was no headquarter. Only a village of
    innocent people. But they got the order to shoot,
    after all. Billy detests that. He's normally a nice
    guy, but arrested, for reasons, which he can't
    accept. He is no murder.

    So you see. To me, Billy is the most interesting
    character of all. He has the best background story
    and shows that he had a life before the incident
    in the train and the mansion.
    Maybe I'm alone with this opinion but I don't see so much of
    a good background story for Chris, Jill or Leon. They are just popping
    up, out of nowhere. But you don't learn so much about their lifes
    before the disasters.

    EDIT @Jill

    Quote Originally Posted by Jill's Boob
    If Chris (my favorite character, along with Jill) turns into anything like RE4 Leon, I'll probably die inside.
    I don't want to take your hopes away, but I guess it will happen what has to happen.
    RE5 uses the same Gameplay, and Chris has to fight against a even huger amount
    of enemys than Leon had to. He will also need to use some skills you hate.
    Maybe he is not getting that fearless as Leon, but he's getting as strong
    as he for sure.
    But I think there may still be a Ray of Light. Sheva can use weapons, Ashley couldn't.
    Maybe Chris is not getting as strong as Leon is cause Sheva and Chris reach his
    strength together.
    Last edited by レオンスコットケネディ; 07-27-2008 at 07:35 PM.

  19. #79

    Default

    I'm not sure... I don't think our little smalltalk belongs to the Topic.
    Maybe just a bit because of Leon. But we're talking about Leon from RE4.

    Ach vergessen wir die ganze Scheiße...
    If we're already Off-Topic, we can have a little fun.
    Take a look at this video about Forest of RE1 in the mode:
    One Dangerous Zombie.
    Enjoy!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKhaspU7Me0
    Last edited by レオンスコットケネディ; 07-27-2008 at 07:32 PM.

  20. #80
    #47 Chainsaw Majini Jill's Boob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Usually a bra
    Posts
    2,084

    Default

    Well, in regards to Chris and RE5, what I meant is if they alter his character into something like Leon. I don't think Chris should be spouting off one-liners and doing backflips (the one he does in Umbrella Chronicles is aggravating) or feeling no fear. Chris has been a relatively stoic character throughout the series, and should not be altered. He has increased his musculature, but I think after fighting BOWs and trying to go hand-to-hand versus Wesker, it is a natural progression. And his brawling moves (besides the hook punch that knocks down like 10 enemies) seem based on realistic street fighting. And he looks far from lithe, in the one trailer, when he leaps off the building, his body is flailing around in mid-air...it is quite un-majestic and believable for such a massive upper-body.

    I don't really have anything against the gameplay instituted in RE4. The hordes of enemies, over-the-shoulder camera, etc - it all works for me, and I felt the series needed the change. I think the ammo should be in a smaller supply than in RE4, so that you feel the need to sometimes run away or choose your shots carefully.

    My biggest concern for RE5 is the story. The plot needs to be really good, and I pray that it actually does tie up all the loose ends in the RE mythology.

    Concerning characters...I agree with you about character development. Billy did have a substantial backstory, but it was kind of necessary to his inclusion in RE0. His past made his character a fugitive and justified his association with Zero's plot. The unfortunate thing is that his character has seemingly disappeared since then.

    Jill and Chris have limited backstory's, but their significance to the RE mythos has always been about their involvement in Racoon City and into the future. Jill was a Delta Force member who joined S.T.A.R.s, and Chris was a former USAF pilot who was recruited into S.T.A.R.s by his old friend Barry Burton. Since then, the two have taken it upon themselves to physically and spiritually battle Umbrella. Jill stayed in Racoon after Chris and Barry left, so she could pursue more investigation into Umbrella's labs in the city. She just happened to get mixed up with Nemesis and the nuke strike.

    I don't think the pasts of Chris and Jill are that relevant to the RE storyline, though as fans, it'd be nice to learn a bit more.

    Leon, I think, before RE2, was just a young man attending the police academy (perhaps the same one as Commandant Lassard and Carey Mahoney?). He then graduated and was assigned to R.P.D. We all know how his first day went. Again, his past before Racoon isn't necessary to advance the plot. What would be interesting now, is a bit more insight into his life between Racoon and Spain. We know he trained to be a government agent, but when did he get to know Krauser? What kind of other assignments did he go on?

    The RE series has never been *too much* about character development. Just look at all the unresolved issues...where did Rebecca go? What happened to Billy? To Carlos? For God's sake..."Barry? Where's Barry?" Did Claire do some advanced training to get at the level shown in RECV? Why were Chris and Jill so "cuddly" at the end of RE1? Why did Wesker's R.P.D. desk have a picture of Rebecca in her basketball attire? What happened to little Sherry Birkin?

    There are surely a lot more holes in the RE plot. I just wanted to bring up a few that make me scratch my head. Hopefully "Degeneration" and RE5 will asnwer many lingering questions.

    Well, it has been good to discuss things with you. I just hope we don't anger the moderators for talking about things not necessarily related to the thread topic...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •