Resident Evil: Degeneration - Trailer on IGN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
    The film is scheduled to be released on October 18th 2008 in Japan. No word on a US release date yet though.
    ^

Comment

• thanks for getting back to me with a reply anyway Project Omega,Just have to sit back and chew me nails until then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Project Omega View Post
        Seriously, how bad could crime be in Raccoon City to warrant an elite tactical team? I didn't get that feeling from playing any of the games, to be honest...
        I've thought about that as well...especially since Raccoon was supposed to be a small, peaceful place. We know that Irons was getting a paycheck from Umbrella....my guess would be that more city officials were as well. That may have something to do with it but considering the city was destroyed its rather pointless at this point.
        sigpic
        Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheOrganization View Post
          Who is that girl sat with claire in the airport waving?

Ah i thought as much about Barry, i thought this movie was gonna feature a lot of the main characters in the series and the airport was only a tiny portion of the movie?
          If I remember correctly, didn't takeuchi say that Degeneration would show what the other characters have been doing? I'm guessing the movie will probably take place mostly, if not entirely in the airport, but there will be flashbacks that show Chris, Jill, etc or maybe brief cameos. I can imagine the person Claire and that little girl are waving at could be Chris, but I'm unsure.
          Last edited by Spera01; 07-28-2008, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• Didnt it say in an interview once that degeneration would be included as part of the series which would make it canon yeah.
            I'm sorta hoping that it's canon, it would make the movie better I think

Comment

• I went to a research panel held by the director and some guys from sony pictures after the con Saturday. They talked to us about the movie and showed us some stuff. They showed us the work in progress movie poster art. It sort of looks like a Shinkiro piece. I like it. They gave us copies of the poster signed by Takeuchi.

Comment

• Could you show us the poster? Maybe scan it in or something

Comment

• Sure. I'm at the airport right now. I'll have it up tonight when I get home.

Comment

• Originally posted by GalacticAE View Post
                    They gave us copies of the poster signed by Takeuchi.
                    Oh, you're a lucky bastard , I want one of those...

Comment

• Originally posted by TheOrganization
                      Didnt it say in an interview once that degeneration would be included as part of the series which would make it canon yeah.
                      I'm sorta hoping that it's canon, it would make the movie better I think
                      It wouldn't make the movie better. Just more interesting to watch for fans
                      of the RE Series. I wonder how they will handle the voices?
                      I know all of you who are coming from america or living there don't have to
                      worry about this but I'm really interested in it.
                      Until now it has always been handled with subtitles. But will they do so
                      with the movie too? Okay I don't want to get any german child like sounding voice
                      for Leon but I also don't want to concentrate on subtitles. My english is good enough
                      to understand the entire movie (already tried it with some movies) but if there are
                      subtitles you automatically look at them.

Problems:
                      -Subtitles are bad cause you can't concentrate on the movie.
                      -German voices could sound dumb. Prefer the original voices. (Even if the most people I know
                      say american voices always sound wierd or funny I think the most voices in the movies sound
                      much better than the germans)
                      -Movie without subtitles couldn't be watched by every german RE Fan.
                      Last edited by レオンスコットケネディ; 07-28-2008, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• id love to know what questions were asked on Friday, been patient so far..

i hope youtube posts something soon on the Q&A session about the movie, plus id love to know why Takeuchi lied to us about showing a story for each character (as it looks more apparent now)

Comment

• Originally posted by stefan2007 View Post
                          id love to know what questions were asked on Friday, been patient so far..

i hope youtube posts something soon on the Q&A session about the movie, plus id love to know why Takeuchi lied to us about showing a story for each character (as it looks more apparent now)
                          Um, what?

Takeuchi never said Degeneration would tell us what has been going on with all of the characters. All he said was that they were looking into ways to show fans what has been going on with the various characters in the series, and Degeneration was just one such way.

Comment

• I wouldn't say he lied, plans get changed all the time in the pre production process.

Im also beginning to wonder if Wesker had the number of desks in the STARS department as he had planned on firing half his team for general incompetance but was afraid of being sued by the laid off staff, so he came up with the mansion as a way of laying his workstaff off without having to give them redundancy pay.

Comment

• He's lost so much personality he lost a whole dimension in space.
                              Leon already lost any ounce of personality he had in RE4.
                              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by CiarenDevlin
                                Leon already lost any ounce of personality he had in RE4.
                                His personality was also faked in RE4. Look at him.
                                Could you stay calm if you see a beast like Saddler or
                                Bitorez Mendez? Guess not. After a long discussion with
                                Jill (I won't write the second word, sounds just dumb to write this)
                                I also came to the conclusion that he's no longer a human. He's
                                so uber-cool that it's snowing everywhere he goes! His powers
                                have to be so good to make the game easier to play, but (and that's
                                also a mention of Jill) the scene with the lasers just looks like a
                                cheap action movie. No living man could do such things! Leon
                                is just an action-hero. Nothing more. In 2 he looked so unsure, he
                                was understandable.

But that Leon died, 6 years before Resident Evil 4, in the Ruins of Raccoon City...
                                Last edited by レオンスコットケネディ; 07-28-2008, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X