Resident Evil 5 - 10 minute gameplay walkthrough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 5 - 10 minute gameplay walkthrough

The video has been posted via Videogamer.com, and it seems to feature the PS3 build of the game. The initial few seconds also show the control scheme of the game.

Part 1

Part 2
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 07-26-2008, 09:44 AM.

I get the feeling this game's much harder than RE4. The enemies pop out of alleys or in buildings when you enter when you least expect it. Although ammo can be plentiful by dropping enemies, you still have to share the ammo with your partner. Looks like it will take some time getting used to.

Comment

I updated the link to the original source, its much higher quality.

Comment

Square as the primary action button? Doesn't look very comfortable to me. There'll probably be different control schemes to choose from, though.

Comment

Hopefully my action button can be X.
          Otherwise, sharing ammo with Partner? That limits ammo, I like that.
          Jumps out of nowhere, don't wanna spoil the gameplay for me so I'm not watching it, but it's sounding MORE promising...Original scare ideas + RE4 gameplay = Win.

Comment

I'm sure they'll allow you to swap square and X. They have in almost all Resident Evil's.

Comment

Originally posted by abbatoo View Post
              Square as the primary action button? Doesn't look very comfortable to me. There'll probably be different control schemes to choose from, though.
              IIRC, the Japanese versions or RE games swaps the run and action buttons. They probably didn't feel like swapping it in the early demo. So I'm betting that it'll be changed in the final.
              Last edited by JcFFx; 07-26-2008, 12:08 PM.

Comment

I dunno. The controls seem to fit me perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                  I'm sure they'll allow you to swap square and X. They have in almost all Resident Evil's.
                  Really? Outbreak and RE4 (I think) aside, all western versions always had square as a run button regardless of the scheme.

I'm used to the Japanese layout myself, but adjusting to the western one isn't much of a problem.

Comment

eww RE5 in a Technicolor / Monochrome hybrid.
                    Last edited by kevstah2004; 07-26-2008, 08:02 PM.
                    If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

^- I never knew they got Angelina Jolie to star in it...

Comment

Originally posted by U and S View Post
                        http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/gall...neration_6.jpg

^- I never knew they got Angelina Jolie to star in it...
                        Wrong news post.

Comment

Nice
                          It's a shame the person playing it was a bit of a spaz.
                          After watching that I feel ready to play it now... Like, NOW! (not next year)
                          But on the other hand I hate when games are released before they are ready. I hope they take the time to make it as good as it can possibly be.

I gotta say it's looking a LOT like RE4. Not a bad thing since I loved RE4.
                          And the partner A.I. seems very similar to RE-Zero. Again, not really a bad thing. At least it seems simple: tell her to come, stay or follow and she seems to be able to take care of herself (to an extent). She may even be helpful from time to time.

Comment

I'm glad it's coming out next year in March. Lets me save up money after the Christmas season to buy this. If it came out at Christmas, no one would get presents since I'd be spending like $200 bucks buying both Collector's Editions (PS3/360) of this game.

Comment

It comes out a few days after my birthday. Ergo it must be awesome. Because Apocolpyse came out around my Brithday, I got it, and it sucked all the pleasure from my life for three days. RE5 has to bring me that pleasure back. I'm owed pleasure by RE!

Comment

Working...
                              X