No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 4 vs Resident Evil 5 video comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the video was kinda unfair to RE 5 since its not even completed let. The first 3 games had similar elements and gameplay and no one really complained until RE CV. As far as the El Gigante being back, there needs to be a good explaination. There were Tyrants in all the original games because thats what Umbrella was expermenting on so it would only make sense to have the El Gigante if it was the same kind of parasite. I think the another chainsaw guy is dumb, I guess if you have a snack on your head you would want to chop people's heads off.

Comment

Well, so far it's very similar to RE4.

And that's a good things, boys and girls. The problem is it's too similar, reusing too many of the elements. Yeah, you can argue that RE1 and RE2 did the same thing. Sure, they changed how the game played somewhat, added more elements, more enemies, more enemies on screen, two scenarios where the first affected the second (and something they really should bring back sometime...if they ever have more than one story) added bonus missions, and a few other things. So, at the time it was a big jump between RE1 and RE2.

And while the game play has stayed the same and the rough ideas have been the same each game has done something new and different. The more actiony pace and dodging of RE3 along with being stalked by Nemesis. CV had some great puzzles, interesting new enemies and fun game play tricks.

The jump between what we see between RE4 and RE5 is...minimal. At least, what we've seen so far. Yeah, they need to keep those controls in place. No, they don't want to use zombies. The game would essentially be Dead Rising with the numbers needed to make zombies a threat in the huge open spaces. You need a smarter enemy.

Problem is, the Ganados weren't it. They were dumb. They were unchallenging. Because they had so much distance to cover and moved so dumb they were no challenge to pick off. Even when they throw an axe or rake at you you can blast it out the air pretty easily. And woe betide the ones with dynamite.

RE4 worked with Ganados because they were a step away from zombies and more into action. It was a step I think they've done badly, by unnescerily sacraficing the horror, puzzle and exploration elements that made RE the game it is. The Ganados won't work again because we've seen, in a whole bunch of other games, from BioShock to Gears of War that it's possible to have enemies that aren't thicker than a yard of lard.

Now, obviously, the fact they move the same as the ganados for the moment is worrying. The cosmetic factor makes it look a bit silly. The game play factor makes it quite sad they do that. If it were actually Las Plagas Ganados it would make sense...although not much. You have to assume it's how the people would move, not the parasite, so why two different villages in two different continets would move indentically is a bit silly. The way they move is almost certainly a place holder.

Now, we just need to hope that so is the fact they have the same programming as the Ganados.

The other floor is that RE5 is taking itself in the wrong direction, in my opinion. It's going more action. Which might be a smart move...if the survival horror games section wasn't so bare and the action game section getting fuller and fuller with every moment. It's cutting away everything that makes RE different in the name of making it main stream, and I think in the long run that's a bad plan.

On side note: Be polite, boys and girls, or I start throwing out infractions. I might do so anyway but I'm a little sleepy so I can't decide if some of what has been written should be considered and insult or not.

Comment

Thereason why nobody blame RE1'3 is that RE1 was released in 1996 while RE3 came out in 1999. Olnly 3 yeasr after the firs chapter. And RE3 is different from RE1 (non backtrackig, more action, Nemesis, more zombies etc ect).

RE4 will come 4 years after RE4 and on a new and more powerful platform, and the differences are minimal... Half Life 2 is very differt from Half Life, but it'svery similar to EP1 and 2, but Valve didn't use HL3 title.

Comment

Originally posted by God_Daniel View Post
          On and on like a broken record, you've lost the arguement you started and now you're throwing your toys out the pram with the lowest form of wit, sarcasm.

hey...seriously this whole situation is just immature and a waste of time with your witty words of wit, and broken records and the prams of some bull ****. We aren't in an anime here... Yea seriously just stop...

And I personally think RE5 will be sick and successful and really good off from RE4. Sure it's original and the first of its kind (well second to RE4) but I bet if another RE game was like the original one, people wouldn't buy it and the hype wouldn't be there. I swear all or most of you enjoyed RE4 and now talk shit like you never liked it...common. This reminds me of music, Oh man this song is so cool, but then later on...oh this song is hella stupid...yea Hypocrits...
          Last edited by Stars_g36; 07-30-2008, 02:04 AM.

Comment

I liked RE4 as a game. As an RE? It sucked. It had no connection to the previous story. The main character was a returning character...who'd lost all the elements of his personality to make him likeable. There was no scary bits bar a guy flying out an oven. There was no exploration. The puzzles were so easy if he was allowed to see the game my three yeard old could manage them.

That's not what I want my favourite video game franchise to turn into...the exact opposite of what it was. All action, all the time. And so far all action all the time is all we've seen of RE5.

Comment

As much as I agree that a return to form more similar to the pre-RE4 titles would be welcome, I am not expecting that, at all...

As the Joker said:

"You've changed things. There's no going back."

Capcom has received a lot of money from sales of RE4. The formula that brought in the truckloads of cash will be as closely followed as possible, I'm guessing. With the action scenes seen so far - Chris manning a mini-gun nest, Sheva firing off rounds from the back of a Humvee - there will seemingly be MORE action this time around.

All that's left is to pray for refined enemy AI, an honest-to-God plot that addresses many of the unresolved elements of the series thus far, and some genuinely "scary" moments integrated between the expenditure of bullets.

We've seen maybe 30 minutes (max) so far of a (reportedly) 20-hour game. Keep your fingers crossed...
              Last edited by Jill's Boob; 07-30-2008, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stars_g36 View Post
                hey...seriously this whole situation is just immature and a waste of time with your witty words of wit, and broken records and the prams of some bull ****. We aren't in an anime here... Yea seriously just stop...
                Erm.. stop trying to revive an arguement "with your witty words of wit." Hmm, Carrier boy?

Comment

Erm.. stop trying to revive an arguement
                  Remember this : http://www.the-horror.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=38

Practice what you preach. Please feel free to use the Private Messaging system to continue the argument any further than it has already progressed.

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
                    how's about a THIA special HD quality comparison video ?
                    I'm highly considering it.. I have a whole lot of footage from RE4 to pick and choose what I need. I'm just waiting on a member to provide me with some HD/High quality gamespot videos.

As for all this arguing. People, please realize that you can discuss your differing opinions in a mature and calm manner. Theres no need to throw insults, or this stupid passive aggressive posting thats been going on in this thread. Infractions will be given out if this continues. Stay on topic, and off the personal attacks.
                    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 07-30-2008, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                      I'm highly considering it.. I have a whole lot of footage from RE4 to pick and choose what I need. I'm just waiting on a member to provide me with some HD/High quality gamespot videos.

As for all this arguing. People, please realize that you can discuss your differing opinions in a mature and calm manner. Theres no need to throw insults, or this stupid passive aggressive posting thats been going on in this thread. Infractions will be given out if this continues. Stay on topic, and off the personal attacks.
                      Would you consider getting a life outside of your parents basement?

Comment

Would you consider getting a life outside of your parents basement?
                        Oooookkkk.... you really are being rude, thats all. You could of stoped the "fight" if you wanted, but noooo, you had to make it worst

Comment

Lets get back on topic. Daniel has 7 days to think about integrating himself better into the community.

Comment

Originally posted by himher_elle View Post
                            hey! i know this doesn't go here, but... I don't know where it does go, so here it goes: does anyone know if the RE5 demo will be out on market?
                            Yes, it will. Or I will make them release one. Or make a demo myself. There will be one, and when it's avaible I will download it. And when I have downloaded it I will play it. And when playing it I will enjoy it. Or all hell shall break loose.

Originally posted by Stars1356 View Post
                            I guess if you have a snack on your head you would want to chop people's heads off.
                            Having your head surrounded by potatoes increases your nutrition intake. Instead of breathing, you take a bite of the potatoes. Instant rage. Science, ladies and gentlemen.

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                            The Ganados won't work again because we've seen, in a whole bunch of other games, from BioShock to Gears of War that it's possible to have enemies that aren't thicker than a yard of lard.
                            I've never had any problem with the Gears of War AI - and Bioshocks AI is quite awesome as it reacts to all plasmids, other enemies, Big Daddies and so on.

Originally posted by Petronio View Post
                            RE4 will come 4 years after RE4 and on a new and more powerful platform, and the differences are minimal... Half Life 2 is very differt from Half Life, but it'svery similar to EP1 and 2, but Valve didn't use HL3 title.
                            That was in fact a mistake, the naming of Half Life Episodes. The developers suddenly woke up in bed, with or without eachother, and all realized they had very little time left. They panicked and named the first game Episode 1. They have stated they should had named it Half Life 3 instead, however as there's such a small difference I think Episodes fit better. If the Episodes are the end to the series? Then I'm going to outrage.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerberus View Post
                              I've never had any problem with the Gears of War AI - and Bioshocks AI is quite awesome as it reacts to all plasmids, other enemies, Big Daddies and so on.
                              Exactly my point. They proove it's entirely possible to have enemies that aren't complete morons. And quite a lot of enemies at that. Therefore the Ganado's won't cut it in a game that is, in all essence, an action game. Not when the enemies in other action games are so much more interesting to fight than a horde of idiot monsters.

I find BioShock a hell of a lot scarier than RE4 as well. That says something.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                                Exactly my point. They proove it's entirely possible to have enemies that aren't complete morons. And quite a lot of enemies at that. Therefore the Ganado's won't cut it in a game that is, in all essence, an action game. Not when the enemies in other action games are so much more interesting to fight than a horde of idiot monsters.

I find BioShock a hell of a lot scarier than RE4 as well. That says something.
                                That's my chief complaint with RE5: the enemy AI. I can understand the rest of the adherence to the RE4 formula...but c'mon, change the enemies. Don't just give Ganados a graphical upgrade. When you've shifted to "survival action," the enemies are the most crucial element. Just adding more of them isn't the solution.

Still, I am 100% excited for RE5.

Comment

Working...
                                X