Resident Evil 4 vs Resident Evil 5 video comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
    Exactly my point. They proove it's entirely possible to have enemies that aren't complete morons. And quite a lot of enemies at that. Therefore the Ganado's won't cut it in a game that is, in all essence, an action game. Not when the enemies in other action games are so much more interesting to fight than a horde of idiot monsters.

I find BioShock a hell of a lot scarier than RE4 as well. That says something.
    Ah, I thought you were complaining on the GoW/Bioshock (hard to shorten that title, eh?) AI. Don't worry about the Resident Evil AI, it will work. They are supposed to be idiots, if enemies in a Resident Evil game suddenly would be completely intelligent it would make even less of a Resident Evil game, can't believe you guys want that.

Comment

I want scary. Hordes of weak ass dumb enemies aren't. These aren't zombies, and zombies aren't comming back, and so the damned enemies shouldn't act stupid just because zombies did. There isn't anything of Resident Evil left as the game is, anyway. No scares, few puzzles, sod all exploaring. So they might as well make the enemies bright and make the game scary. I'd prefer that, myself. If nothing else killing Splicers is a lot more fun than killing Ganados.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
        I want scary. Hordes of weak ass dumb enemies aren't. These aren't zombies, and zombies aren't comming back, and so the damned enemies shouldn't act stupid just because zombies did. There isn't anything of Resident Evil left as the game is, anyway. No scares, few puzzles, sod all exploaring. So they might as well make the enemies bright and make the game scary. I'd prefer that, myself. If nothing else killing Splicers is a lot more fun than killing Ganados.
        Amen. Zombies are creatures devoid of rational thought. They just have hunger. The Ganados and Africans are merely being influenced by a parasite, so they retain their intelligence. Besides, whomever is controlling them can direct their actions, so they should display intelligence in their actions.

And yes, zombies are gone. The only way to increase the scares are to introduce really threatening creatures (such as Regenerators, etc.) or to make the massive amount of generic villagers more imposing (they are fast and use swarm tactics).

In all honesty, the very first RE5 trailer (though short) had the right elements. Chris' character model was just right and the fast running enemies presented a real "oh $#!*" feeling.
        Last edited by Jill's Boob; 08-01-2008, 08:28 PM.

Comment

ive been playing resident evil since i was 9 my dad was playing RE3 since then ive been a huge RE fan continuing on with it through RE4 and i loved el gigante but my first thought was "how the hell am i gonna take that thing down!?" but i still thought he was awesome i dont care if it was practically everything the same a few common charachter reactions dont matter to me its the joy of the game you play and how mmuch you enjoy it not if the charectars animatoions are the same=e -_-

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
            ive been playing resident evil since i was 9 my dad was playing RE3 since then ive been a huge RE fan continuing on with it through RE4 and i loved el gigante but my first thought was "how the hell am i gonna take that thing down!?" but i still thought he was awesome i dont care if it was practically everything the same a few common charachter reactions dont matter to me its the joy of the game you play and how mmuch you enjoy it not if the charectars animatoions are the same=e -_-
            Like I said in a previous post The animations so far might just be keyholders, for the final ones some games do that take the building progress for resi 2 when that was been rebuilt, in chief irons office they used kendo's model for irons, then changed it in the final and since Capcom have a knack for reusing things i have a feeling the animations will change and so will some of the enemies.
            Last edited by DXP; 08-04-2008, 04:09 PM.

Comment

We can certainly hope so. The place holder animations almost have to. A game that re-used that would get blasted in this day and age. And, obviously, the music and sound effects and speech will likely be redone.

Comment

Working...
              X