Resident Evil 4 vs Resident Evil 5 video comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 4 vs Resident Evil 5 video comparison

This will only serve to fuel the people who claim RE5 is just RE4 with HD graphics. User "WiiSixty" on GameTrailers forums has created a comparison video featuring the similarities between the two games so far.

Watch the video here

I wish they did it better, showing the sounds that matched up, El Gigante..etc.

Comment

how's about a THIA special HD quality comparison video ?

Comment

Just looks like the same old, same old...

Comment

Can't we wait until the game is released?

I have never played "God of War" or "Gears of War," but aren't those series' sequels just updated copies of the previous game as well?

Are people really expecting RE5 to be another "re-invention" of the series like RE4? Does RE need to change its gameplay with each new incarnation?! What is so wrong with finding a successful formula and sticking with it?

It's not like this is the fifth RE game (in a row) that uses the RE4 gameplay mechanic. Only the second...and I am sure there is a reason (besides laziness of programmers) that Gigante is back. Besides, Gigante being back isn't that big of a deal. Especially when you consider there was a Tyrant in RE2, RE3, and RECV. Or was that laziness too?

Comment

Tyrants were cool. Gigantes, not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by God_Daniel View Post
              Tyrants were cool. Gigantes, not so much.
              C'mon, now. Look, I'm not an RE4 apologist (as I do my fair share of criticizing aspects of the game) but RE4 used a successful formula and really won over a $#!* ton of people. It didn't get all those GOY awards for nothing.

RE5 will be great, IMO. Capcom is building on a successful formula.

And you are lying if you didn't think Gigante was a kickass creature the first time you encountered it when you played RE4 the first time.

Originally posted by God_Daniel
              Just looks like the same old, same old...
              And on another thread you said that you were "ashamed" to be an RE fan nowadays. That means you must love RE1, RE2, RE3. Well guess what, if you put a comparison video of any of those three games side-by-side...you'd definitely see the "same" game. But those games were still a blast to play, weren't they?
              Last edited by Jill's Boob; 07-29-2008, 02:13 PM.

Comment

While I agree with you mate, just give up being reasonable, 90% of people here would rather just see rehashed versions or RE1 and 2 as it stuck to the old formulas and not try anything different.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                  While I agree with you mate, just give up being reasonable, 90% of people here would rather just see rehashed versions or RE1 and 2 as it stuck to the old formulas and not try anything different.
                  True. Anyway, the one positive from watching the video is that it really reminded me how great the "Final Battle" music was in RE4.

Comment

I think they should of used the RE4 gamecube game (or at least the PS2 one), so the laser would apear, and... yess, your right, he should have waited until the game is released; apart from that, I liked it.

Comment

I agree with Jill's Boob 100% (that sounds funny). I think Capcom has found a very functional and IMO fun reinvention of Resident Evil's control scheme and gameplay.

Comment

I have never played "God of War" or "Gears of War," but aren't those series' sequels just updated copies of the previous game as well?
                        they're also on the same console, and both of them were (or will be in gears 2's case) released within 2 years of their originals, where as resident evil 5 is on a different generation altogether and its being released around 4 years after RE4.

i don't think its quiet the same :p
                        Last edited by A-J; 07-29-2008, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
                          RE4 used a successful formula and really won over a $#!* ton of people.
                          The only people RE4 "won over" were casual gamers and these sort of gamers will play anything and run with the crowd.

And you are lying if you didn't think Gigante was a kickass creature the first time you encountered it when you played RE4 the first time.
                          Encountering the El Gigante for the first time is just like: "Wow! It's just a huge man." Nothing kickass about a huge man at all. (Sorry)

And on another thread you said that you were "ashamed" to be an RE fan nowadays. That means you must love RE1, RE2, RE3.
                          No, I dislike RE3.
                          Last edited by God_Daniel; 07-29-2008, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by God_Daniel View Post
                            The only people RE4 "won over" were casual gamers and these sort of gamers will play anything and run with the crowd..
                            I find this comment overly pretentious, i've played games for 21 years now, and I wouldn't consider myself a casual gamer, or someone who "plays anything" to run with the hip crowd, having followed the series since the 90's, and yet I actually welcomed the change in camera angles, moderations to controls and the change in gameplay as the constant whoring of 'survival horror' and lack of originality in the series is what killed it on its own.

RE4 made the best of a dire situation and mixed things up a bit to restore mass media interest in the franchise along with move the story along from then generic "OH LETS FIGHT ZOMBIES AND DESTROY ANOTHER UMBRELLA LAB MY OVERLY TRAINED MILITARY BUDDIES"!!!!

I digress, anyway, can we all give the RE4 bashing a break please, and if you have problems doing that I suggest either going into a corner and weeping for awhile, or have Dot50 make a RE Fanboys memorial thread/forum where you can all go cream yourselfs about how great RE1 was.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                              Everyone was looking forward to seeing more of RE 3.5, and that certainly didn't follow the old formula. Everything was overhauled, even the horror type.

The common complaint of the new direction has always been that it was neither survival, or horror. RE4 was a great game, and Mikami knew exactly what he was doing with it, and it was an action shooter.

After seeing much of RE5, what exactly distinguishes itself formula-wise from RE4? It's essentially a rehash with an online element in a different locale. Not an interesting one at that.
                              Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 07-29-2008, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X