Resident Evil 4 vs Resident Evil 5 video comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
    What was RE2 compared to RE1, other than a rehash with updated graphics in a different locale? (And exchange "online element" with "zapping system.")
    RE2 was a great sequel released over 10 years ago. RE4 revamped the series, so it's quite ironic to see it being rehashed itself especially that the bar for sequels was raised because of it.

My intention of that quote in the post was to point out the irony of Dude's post that old school fans would prefer a rehash, when RE5 is essentially one itself.

Comment

On and on like a broken record, you've lost the arguement you started and now you're throwing your toys out the pram with the lowest form of wit, sarcasm.

Comment

Originally posted by Umon Daisuke View Post
        RE2 was a great sequel released over 10 years ago. RE4 revamped the series, so it's quite ironic to see it being rehashed itself especially that the bar for sequels was raised because of it.

My intention of that quote in the post was to point out the irony of Dude's post that old school fans would prefer a rehash, when RE5 is essentially one itself.
        Okay, I see what you mean. And yes, you are right...with the advancement of game development & programming, I suppose I should be expecting more from RE5. (My lack of high expectations probably stems from the fact that I predominantly play sports video games, and those are essentially rehashes each and every year.)

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the final product features some real advances, though I am pleased with what I've seen so far from RE5. We've seen so little, but I think the elements that it is re-using are good ones (sans the run-at-you-and-then-slow-down enemy AI).
        Last edited by Jill's Boob; 07-29-2008, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Umon Daisuke View Post
          I didn't claim that RE5 wasn't reusing the RE4 formula, I just said im sick and tired of fanboys creaming over the good ol' days when they're not coming back, and they can either accept the changes thats happened to RE5, or quit the series. Besides im used to you trying to pick my posts apart anyway.

Bitching about RE5 won't suddenly make Capcom turn tail and break the formula back to overly generic mansions, slow zombies with one attack and labs again.

Considering besides the opening "level" we know bugger all about RE5 at any rate.
          Last edited by The Dude; 07-29-2008, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
            I didn't claim that RE5 wasn't reusing the RE4 formula
            Never claimed you did, but you said rehash in reference to old school fans, and I merely pointed out the obvious based on what we've seen so far of RE5.

Besides im used to you trying to pick my posts apart anyway.
            I do? I'm guessing that the NG argument left an everlasting bad after taste Well then, I'll refrain from "picking" from now on.
            Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 07-29-2008, 05:26 PM.

Comment

I didn't claim that RE5 wasn't reusing the RE4 formula, I just said im sick and tired of fanboys creaming over the good ol' days when they're not coming back, and they can either accept the changes thats happened to RE5, or quit the series. Besides im used to you trying to pick my posts apart anyway.

Bitching about RE5 won't suddenly make Capcom turn tail and break the formula back to overly generic mansions, slow zombies with one attack and labs again.

Considering besides the opening "level" we know bugger all about RE5 at any rate.
              I agree - there really is so little that we've seen. What, maybe 10-20 minutes of gameplay have been shown from a (supposedly) 20-hour game?

And RE had gotten very stale...the changes were necessary. And if those "fanboys" are really pining for another game featuring "find the sword key to open certain doors," well, than they are ill. I have played RE since '96 and even I had lost zest for the game by RE3. RE4 (though I could complain about it a lot) has at least revived my excitement for RE.
              Last edited by Jill's Boob; 07-29-2008, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Obviously I don't work for the site, so it's not up to me to decide what gets posted as news and what doesn't, but was something like this really newsworthy?

Comment

Besides im used to you trying to pick my posts apart anyway.
                  Then stop giving him so much to blow through. You blow things way up! According to you, saying that Tyrants are cooler than Gingantes is taking a potshot at RE4, I never said RE4 was shit or the creature was. My opening comment was "same old, same old" and it's true. Even the enemies God damn frames of animation are the same, at least when comparing RE1 to RE2 the difference in the Zombies motions are clearly different. Then it turns out YOU'RE the one taking these "potshots" at me by indirectly calling me a RE1&2 fanboy that wants the old days back? At what point did I say I wanted these days back? At what point did I take a potshot at RE4? You don't even know, because you're a fucking moron!

Comment

Originally posted by God_Daniel View Post
                    Then stop giving him so much to blow through. You blow things way up! According to you, saying that Tyrants are cooler than Gingantes is taking a potshot at RE4, I never said RE4 was shit or the creature was. My opening comment was "same old, same old" and it's true. Even the enemies God damn frames of animation are the same, at least when comparing RE1 to RE2 the difference in the Zombies motions are clearly different. Then it turns out YOU'RE the one taking these "potshots" at me by indirectly calling me a RE1&2 fanboy that wants the old days back? At what point did I say I wanted these days back? At what point did I take a potshot at RE4? You don't even know, because you're a fucking moron!
                    Seriously, just stop. If you want this argument to end, then stop bringing it up.

Comment

Dan, I hope you're enjoying your stay here, because if you keep this up, it'll be brief. Let it go.

Comment

some of the animations are cool, like now Chris picks up items rather than button click and you magically have it in your inventory, the video compares things yeah but this is just a build right? from what i've learned all prototypes, beta's etc have keyholder information, like character models or even animations, so those animations that are from 4 might become non existent when the final build is finished.

Comment

Originally posted by DXP View Post
                          some of the animations are cool, like now Chris picks up items rather than button click and you magically have it in your inventory, the video compares things yeah but this is just a build right? from what i've learned all prototypes, beta's etc have keyholder information, like character models or even animations, so those animations that are from 4 might become non existent when the final build is finished.
                          I want to believe that but can it happen by March 09? Will they care enough to attempt it? The video I think does more damage than it does help RE5. To me the game looks like RE4 with a fresh coat of paint. However I can't say it is a bad thing. I still would have preferred a tradition Resident Evil title. I have very little arguments with the new system. I still wish the new games had more of the original feel to them but the new direction really hasn’t taken a turn for the worst. At least not yet that is.

This sure would be a good time to take the DS and PSP and add the classic style of game play to at least those portable systems. I think an Outbreak on PSP would work and traditional style can work on both PSP and DS.

Comment

Painfully similar. I really want a new game, not an old one. Especially since RE5's story doesn't seem to become nonsense. In fact it seems quite end-ish, tracing back to the roots and all.

Comment

Originally posted by alf717 View Post
                              The video I think does more damage than it does help RE5.
                              I think that was the point.

Comment

hey! i know this doesn't go here, but... I don't know where it does go, so here it goes: does anyone know if the RE5 demo will be out on market?
                                Last edited by Guest; 07-29-2008, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X