No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 4 vs Resident Evil 5 video comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I certainly didn't bash RE4, but you really can't compare it to RE1.

Comment

Didn't try too, just said that since this is a comparison thread, to a badly fanmade comparison video at that, just said if people are going to use it as an excuse to again take potshots at RE4 they may as well go to the Resident Evil Memorial Thread aka The "Lets Whack off to RE1" thread im going to be creating soon.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
        ...just said if people are going to use it as an excuse to again take potshots at RE4 they may as well go to the Resident Evil Memorial Thread aka The "Lets Whack off to RE1" thread im going to be creating soon.
        So I'm bashing RE4 because I don't think El Gigantes are cool? Stick on topic and have fun by your lonesome.
        Last edited by God_Daniel; 07-29-2008, 04:31 PM.

Comment

I actually was the first to ask you to stay on topic by asking you to stop with the bashing.
          Please don't be a total moron during your visit on the board mate.

Comment

And again, so I'm bashing RE4 because I don't think El Gigantes are cool? Please don't be a total moron during your visit on the board, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Umon Daisuke View Post
              After seeing much of RE5, what exactly distinguishes itself formula-wise from RE4? It's essentially a rehash with an online element in a different locale. Not an interesting one at that.
              What was RE2 compared to RE1, other than a rehash with updated graphics in a different locale? (And exchange "online element" with "zapping system.")

Originally posted by God Daniel
              Just looks like the same old, same old...
              You didn't just bash Gigantes. You are saying RE5 is "same old, same old" when comparing it to RE4.

Okay, you like RE1 and RE2 (but not RE3). I get it, you like the initial survival horror games better. (And you were never impressed with Gigante - "just a huge man." I guess you weren't impressed with the first sight of a zombie, either, since that is "just a dead man.")

I am like you, I can be nostalgic over the good times I had playing the early games (RE1 is still my favorite in the series, and it is ancient), but The Dude is right, the series was becoming a bit stale.

RE4 reinvigorated the series, despite its bad story and eye-rolling action scenes. Umon Daisuke is right, about the "action shooter" feel. RE4 is less scary (actually, not really scary at all) due to that direction. But its still fun.

Maybe I am overly optimistic, but I believe that RE5 will incorporate the best of both worlds...the action of RE4 and the horror of earlier games. Frankly, I just want a good story.

AND if you don't like the limited amount of RE5 that has been shown, well, just ignore it and get yourself psyched for "Fatal Frame."
              Last edited by Jill's Boob; 07-29-2008, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Wow, twisting my words, you're like, sooooooo uber smart.

Comment

It didn't take a Monkey, not for the likes of you.
                  Last edited by God_Daniel; 07-29-2008, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Funny, judging from what your posts have been like since you signed up mate, I thought it took 3.

Comment

Originally posted by God_Daniel View Post
                      It didn't take a Monkey, not for the likes of you.
                      Now you're just being immature. I regret wasting time trying to have a discussion with you.

^The Dude is right.

Comment

I'm not carrying your spiteful little arguement on, not when you're clearly desperate for one, mate.

Comment

Considering he had to edit his reply to even try and make himself come off as witty or smart, I kind of have to agree, discussing things with him is a waste of time.

Comment

LOL! That's right boys, keep impressing each other.

Comment

You're still here? :p

Comment

Originally posted by God_Daniel View Post
                                LOL! That's right boys, keep impressing each other.
                                Stay cool, internet tough guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X