Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 4 vs Resident Evil 5 video comparison

#47 Chainsaw Majini Jill's Boob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Umon Daisuke View Post
    After seeing much of RE5, what exactly distinguishes itself formula-wise from RE4? It's essentially a rehash with an online element in a different locale. Not an interesting one at that.
    What was RE2 compared to RE1, other than a rehash with updated graphics in a different locale? (And exchange "online element" with "zapping system.")

Quote Originally Posted by God Daniel
    Just looks like the same old, same old...
    You didn't just bash Gigantes. You are saying RE5 is "same old, same old" when comparing it to RE4.

Okay, you like RE1 and RE2 (but not RE3). I get it, you like the initial survival horror games better. (And you were never impressed with Gigante - "just a huge man." I guess you weren't impressed with the first sight of a zombie, either, since that is "just a dead man.")

I am like you, I can be nostalgic over the good times I had playing the early games (RE1 is still my favorite in the series, and it is ancient), but The Dude is right, the series was becoming a bit stale.

RE4 reinvigorated the series, despite its bad story and eye-rolling action scenes. Umon Daisuke is right, about the "action shooter" feel. RE4 is less scary (actually, not really scary at all) due to that direction. But its still fun.

Maybe I am overly optimistic, but I believe that RE5 will incorporate the best of both worlds...the action of RE4 and the horror of earlier games. Frankly, I just want a good story.

AND if you don't like the limited amount of RE5 that has been shown, well, just ignore it and get yourself psyched for "Fatal Frame."
    Last edited by Jill's Boob; 07-29-2008 at 04:50 PM.

Barry's Super Awesome Army The Dude's Avatar

Wow, twisting my words, you're like, sooooooo uber smart.

Banned

It didn't take a Monkey, not for the likes of you.
    Last edited by God_Daniel; 07-29-2008 at 04:56 PM.

Funny, judging from what your posts have been like since you signed up mate, I thought it took 3.

Quote Originally Posted by God_Daniel View Post
    It didn't take a Monkey, not for the likes of you.
    Now you're just being immature. I regret wasting time trying to have a discussion with you.

^The Dude is right.

Banned

I'm not carrying your spiteful little arguement on, not when you're clearly desperate for one, mate.

Considering he had to edit his reply to even try and make himself come off as witty or smart, I kind of have to agree, discussing things with him is a waste of time.

Banned

LOL! That's right boys, keep impressing each other.

You're still here? :p

LOL! That's right boys, keep impressing each other.
    Stay cool, internet tough guy.

#33 Birkin Type 5

Quote Originally Posted by Jill's Boob View Post
    What was RE2 compared to RE1, other than a rehash with updated graphics in a different locale? (And exchange "online element" with "zapping system.")
    RE2 was a great sequel released over 10 years ago. RE4 revamped the series, so it's quite ironic to see it being rehashed itself especially that the bar for sequels was raised because of it.

My intention of that quote in the post was to point out the irony of Dude's post that old school fans would prefer a rehash, when RE5 is essentially one itself.

Banned

On and on like a broken record, you've lost the arguement you started and now you're throwing your toys out the pram with the lowest form of wit, sarcasm.

RE2 was a great sequel released over 10 years ago. RE4 revamped the series, so it's quite ironic to see it being rehashed itself especially that the bar for sequels was raised because of it.

My intention of that quote in the post was to point out the irony of Dude's post that old school fans would prefer a rehash, when RE5 is essentially one itself.
    Okay, I see what you mean. And yes, you are right...with the advancement of game development & programming, I suppose I should be expecting more from RE5. (My lack of high expectations probably stems from the fact that I predominantly play sports video games, and those are essentially rehashes each and every year.)

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the final product features some real advances, though I am pleased with what I've seen so far from RE5. We've seen so little, but I think the elements that it is re-using are good ones (sans the run-at-you-and-then-slow-down enemy AI).
    Last edited by Jill's Boob; 07-29-2008 at 05:13 PM.

I didn't claim that RE5 wasn't reusing the RE4 formula, I just said im sick and tired of fanboys creaming over the good ol' days when they're not coming back, and they can either accept the changes thats happened to RE5, or quit the series. Besides im used to you trying to pick my posts apart anyway.

Bitching about RE5 won't suddenly make Capcom turn tail and break the formula back to overly generic mansions, slow zombies with one attack and labs again.

Considering besides the opening "level" we know bugger all about RE5 at any rate.
    Last edited by The Dude; 07-29-2008 at 05:16 PM.

#33 Birkin Type 5

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    I didn't claim that RE5 wasn't reusing the RE4 formula
    Never claimed you did, but you said rehash in reference to old school fans, and I merely pointed out the obvious based on what we've seen so far of RE5.

Besides im used to you trying to pick my posts apart anyway.
    I do? I'm guessing that the NG argument left an everlasting bad after taste Well then, I'll refrain from "picking" from now on.
    Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 07-29-2008 at 05:26 PM.

I didn't claim that RE5 wasn't reusing the RE4 formula, I just said im sick and tired of fanboys creaming over the good ol' days when they're not coming back, and they can either accept the changes thats happened to RE5, or quit the series. Besides im used to you trying to pick my posts apart anyway.

Bitching about RE5 won't suddenly make Capcom turn tail and break the formula back to overly generic mansions, slow zombies with one attack and labs again.

Considering besides the opening "level" we know bugger all about RE5 at any rate.
    I agree - there really is so little that we've seen. What, maybe 10-20 minutes of gameplay have been shown from a (supposedly) 20-hour game?

And RE had gotten very stale...the changes were necessary. And if those "fanboys" are really pining for another game featuring "find the sword key to open certain doors," well, than they are ill. I have played RE since '96 and even I had lost zest for the game by RE3. RE4 (though I could complain about it a lot) has at least revived my excitement for RE.
    Last edited by Jill's Boob; 07-29-2008 at 05:27 PM.

An Old-Fashioned Cowboy Archelon's Avatar

Obviously I don't work for the site, so it's not up to me to decide what gets posted as news and what doesn't, but was something like this really newsworthy?

Banned

Besides im used to you trying to pick my posts apart anyway.
    Then stop giving him so much to blow through. You blow things way up! According to you, saying that Tyrants are cooler than Gingantes is taking a potshot at RE4, I never said RE4 was shit or the creature was. My opening comment was "same old, same old" and it's true. Even the enemies God damn frames of animation are the same, at least when comparing RE1 to RE2 the difference in the Zombies motions are clearly different. Then it turns out YOU'RE the one taking these "potshots" at me by indirectly calling me a RE1&2 fanboy that wants the old days back? At what point did I say I wanted these days back? At what point did I take a potshot at RE4? You don't even know, because you're a fucking moron!

An Old-Fashioned Cowboy Archelon's Avatar

Then stop giving him so much to blow through. You blow things way up! According to you, saying that Tyrants are cooler than Gingantes is taking a potshot at RE4, I never said RE4 was shit or the creature was. My opening comment was "same old, same old" and it's true. Even the enemies God damn frames of animation are the same, at least when comparing RE1 to RE2 the difference in the Zombies motions are clearly different. Then it turns out YOU'RE the one taking these "potshots" at me by indirectly calling me a RE1&2 fanboy that wants the old days back? At what point did I say I wanted these days back? At what point did I take a potshot at RE4? You don't even know, because you're a fucking moron!
    Seriously, just stop. If you want this argument to end, then stop bringing it up.

#33 Birkin Type 5

Dan, I hope you're enjoying your stay here, because if you keep this up, it'll be brief. Let it go.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information