Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Degeneration Gets A Release Date

An Old-Fashioned Cowboy Archelon's Avatar

Some clarifications from someone who was at the panel:

Didn't look at the article since I was at the panel, but to elaborate on the bullet points...

Well, he said flat out no to "Tofu". When asked about Wesker, he said "please wait for the film's release". Obviously, non-denial leaning towards he's in it. When asked about Ada, he gave a lengthy response about how she was featured in Resident Evil 4 quite a bit already, and that this story in Degeneration was about the reunion of Claire and Leon, not Ada. When they asked about pairings for Leon, he pretty much confirmed Leon is a player who likes to be with different girls, and stated his "bond of trust" with Claire would elevate to the next level in the film. Also, some character named Angela will have a significant role in the film, and that somebody you saw in the latest trailer is directly linked to the T-virus outbreak going on. The game will have no apparent direct link to Resident Evil 5, but both teams are communicating with each other just to make sure things are covered and in line with the overall series plot.
    Yea, it was funny somebody stuck in a "pairing" question. It was a guy who was annoyed at Kobayashi's explanation about Claire and Leon's involvement (how they're going to the "next" level with their bond), as well as Claire's wink at Leon in that one scene - he basically was like "Hey, I thought Ada was Leon's girl, so what's up with that and what Leon told Ashley in RE 4?". That was seriously the best answer ever, though, to piss off shippers.
    Last edited by Archelon; 07-30-2008 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archelon View Post
    When asked about Ada, he gave a lengthy response about how she was featured in Resident Evil 4 quite a bit already, and that this story in Degeneration was about the reunion of Claire and Leon, not Ada. When they asked about pairings for Leon, he pretty much confirmed Leon is a player who likes to be with different girls, and stated his "bond of trust" with Claire would elevate to the next level in the film. Also, some character named Angela will have a significant role in the film, and that somebody you saw in the latest trailer is directly linked to the T-virus outbreak going on.
    mmm i don't like that...

i always wanted Leon and Ada togheter!!!! also i was hoping she would be on the movie....

and whats up with Angela??? are they mixing the characters from the Paul anderson's movies????
    Last edited by RE-Hiro; 07-30-2008 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RE-Hiro View Post
    and whats up with Angela??? are they mixing the characters from the Paul anderson's movies????
    I imagine Angela is the blonde woman in the S.R.T. uniform. I suppose she could be the girl Claire is seen with, but I'm betting on the former.

#47 Chainsaw Majini Jill's Boob's Avatar

Oh boy...here we go. "Leon is a player who likes to be with different girls."

Is his name Leon "S" Kennedy, or is it Solid Snake? Or perhaps James Bond? That's what this guy has become...super-suave agent man of action.

Poor Claire. Getting paired up with someone who spends more time primping than she does.

Can somebody really be a "player" when they have no luck with women whatsoever?

Sadistic Medicine

Quote Originally Posted by RE-Hiro View Post

i always wanted Leon and Ada togheter!!!! also i was hoping she would be on the movie....
    Because a goody goody type like Leon would so approve of Ada's untrustworthy, backstabbing job. Leon/Ada shippers can be insanely moronic at times, blowing every little thing out of proportion. If you have the 2008 calender it even mentions Leon being easily swayed and misled by the opposite sex...and Ada being an expert liar.....kinda easy to put that one together. He may have made her see that there are more than just backstabbers in the world, but seriously....knowing a woman for hardly an entire day (combining the re2 and 4 timelines) and thinking you're in love is slightly ridicious. I'm no shipper, but Claire and Leon at least have things in common, and probably spent a small bit of time recovering together with Sherry after Raccoon before splitting up.

And I don't think I've ever seen Capcom mention Leon and Ada's reunion as one of "fate"....Oh well. *shrugs* I hate arguing with shippers anyway....Even if you give them hard facts they wouldn't care. You can't easily change someone's mind, espically if they so strongly believe in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Archelon View Post
    Can somebody really be a "player" when they have no luck with women whatsoever?
    He only bombed with Hunnigan and Ada. Ashley offered out to him...she probably wasn't the first either.

On the main topic...I want one of those little ink ribbon strap things. I think they are cute!
    Last edited by Bertha; 07-31-2008 at 12:06 AM.

and that somebody you saw in the latest trailer is directly linked to the T-virus outbreak going on.

Wait.......could this be that guy with the long messy hair?
    I swear I can half bet it is him who leaked the first zombie into the airport.
    Why does he remind me of Billy?

#47 Chainsaw Majini Jill's Boob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ElusionM View Post
    and that somebody you saw in the latest trailer is directly linked to the T-virus outbreak going on.

Wait.......could this be that guy with the long messy hair?
    I swear I can half bet it is him who leaked the first zombie into the airport.
    Do I detect sarcasm?

I preaty much think that Angela is a blond girl that looks like Angelina Jolie, hm... Angela, Angelina, I think the developers were preaty inspired by Beowulf
    "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Sadistic Medicine

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad9026 View Post
    I preaty much think that Angela is a blond girl that looks like Angelina Jolie, hm... Angela, Angelina, I think the developers were preaty inspired by Beowulf
    Which is a truly sad thing to say since Beowulf the movie completely raped classic literature. Jolie had a big part in that too. Swamp hag =\= slutty, (in some people's views) attractive woman.

#13 Brain Sucker

Stupid IGN... Why didnt' they asked for Jill, Barry or rebecca appereance?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
    Which is a truly sad thing to say since Beowulf the movie completely raped classic literature. Jolie had a big part in that too. Swamp hag =\= slutty, (in some people's views) attractive woman.
    I like Jolie, but that preaty much what I ment. And even if they'd ask about all that characters, the devs wouldn't answer clearly anyway. There are still a lot of time till release and if a character must stay hidden till the premire it wil. So lets hope for the best.
    "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

#13 Brain Sucker

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad9026 View Post
    I like Jolie, but that preaty much what I ment. And even if they'd ask about all that characters, the devs wouldn't answer clearly anyway. There are still a lot of time till release and if a character must stay hidden till the premire it wil. So lets hope for the best.
    I know that devs wuoldn't say "yes! Jill is in the game", but they can answer "No, she isn't" juls like they did with Ada.

I suppose nobody form the old RE, except leon and Claire, will be in the movie...

#13 Brain Sucker

Quote Originally Posted by ElusionM View Post
    This is bullshit.
    Takeuchi said Degeneration will be connected to RE5, this guy says it will not. Why so many conflicts and contradictions?
    Do you really trust Takeuchi?

Barry's Super Awesome Army The Dude's Avatar

To be honest, im gutted that Tofu isn't in this movie

Tofu is the coolest, badassest, best and most remarkble character in the whole RE series. He is like so tough that can beat Chuck Noris No honestly it would be great to see Tofu again, and it would be cool to put him in Degeneration like an easter egg after the credits, just like the stuff in Pirates of the Carribean.

Quote Originally Posted by Petronio View Post
    Do you really trust Takeuchi?
    For most of the times, yes.

And the other dude, what's with the detect sarcasm?
    Why can't it be the dude in the coat/long hair who leaked the infection?

Overly Old School

That's why he thought you were being sarcastic. The chances of him causing the outbreak are roughly about 96%.

Mad Jackal

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmoon View Post
    That's why he thought you were being sarcastic. The chances of him causing the outbreak are roughly about 96%.
    Check your working. When I did the math it was 99.99%

Overly Old School

I added in the possiblity of origionality factor. Given that it's Capcom the chances of any origionality came out at 3.9%

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information