Degeneration Interview with Hiroyuki Kobayashi & Makoto Kamiya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Degeneration Interview with Hiroyuki Kobayashi & Makoto Kamiya

Horror movie website, Shock Til You Drop has landed an interview with the Director and Producer on the film. The subjects range from the production of the film, up to how they feel about the live-action movies with Milla Jovovich. Its a good read, so be sure to check it out!

Originally posted by Kobayashi
    And obviously, regarding the scripting process, it has to be faithful to the video game franchise and we didn't want to contradict any facts. That was something I made sure was correct. But I knew this wasn't a video game, it's a film so it had to be fun and entertaining. Valid as a film, not a video game.
    Degeneration Interview Thanks to Joshua!
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 08-06-2008, 03:29 PM.

Kamiya: I can't really talk about that too much. Other than zombies, you'll be seeing some new creatures. This film does feature a lot of zombies though, I'm also a big fan of the zombie genre, so you'll be seeing a lot of zombies going wild at the airport.
    Can't wait for this film now lol the zombies and the environments are what made the old resi games the best.

Comment

And the occasional emo-haired Leon Kennedy wannabes dressed to the hilt in his S.T.A.R.S uniform and ready to pop a cap in some zombie's cranium.
      That would've been me if I had been there. D:

Factual error notwithstanding.

Comment

Short but nice. Loved the bit about there being loads of zombies. Made me completely happy.
        sigpic
        Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

-
          Last edited by LeechCharmer; 03-08-2009, 12:42 AM.

Comment

it has to be faithful to the video game franchise and we didn't want to contradict any facts.
            If they don't want to contradict any facts, why the hell are they having Leon choose between Claire and some broad named Angela?

Capcom thus far has made it kind of clear that Leon and Ada were the intended couple. Though I do realize that Leon and Ada having a happily ever after can never be, I must admit my annoyance at Hiroyuki Kobayashi and Makoto Kamiya for ruining a perfectly good (and might I add deliciously angsty) plot line.

*sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by vogue_dirge View Post
              If they don't want to contradict any facts, why the hell are they having Leon choose between Claire and some broad named Angela?

Capcom thus far has made it kind of clear that Leon and Ada were the intended couple. Though I do realize that Leon and Ada having a happily ever after can never be, I must admit my annoyance at Hiroyuki Kobayashi and Makoto Kamiya for ruining a perfectly good (and might I add deliciously angsty) plot line.

*sigh*
              I think you're taking this a little too seriously. When he said what he did, he was joking. At least according to the people I've spoken with who were actually at the panel.

Comment

3 Women clearly isn't enough to sate the appetite of the War-God that is Leon Scott Kennedy :p.

Comment

Leon's such a super cool 007-agent-cum-Solid-Snake operative, that women everywhere become pregnant just by being in his presence.

So don't worry, there's still hope that he and Ada end up together. Leon can have more than one babe.

His only rule: they can't have better hair than him.

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                  3 Women clearly isn't enough to sate the appetite of the War-God that is Leon Scott Kennedy :p.
                  Dammit! You beat me to the recurring joke that is RE4 Leon!
                  Last edited by Jill's Boob; 08-06-2008, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                    I think you're taking this a little too seriously. When he said what he did, he was joking. At least according to the people I've spoken with who were actually at the panel.

I think you're right!

XD

Well that's a relief that they're joking. I just really like the Leon/Ada pairing (can't ya tell!).

But I'm still gonna see this movie, regardless of what happens! It comes out on my birthday :3

Comment

No offense but Leon and Ada is probably more cliche than Leon and Claire. Look at what Ada does: She is a professional backstabber possibly working for something worse than Umbrella. You honestly think Leon would be all happy go lucky about that? Of course...with Leon's super hero powers, he'd do exactly what rabid L/A fangirls want and change her completely into a good girl, thus ruining Ada completely.

I'm hoping we'll see a few new trailers sometime soon. I'm wondering when Famitsu or one of the other big name Japanese magazines will post some new things as well...
                      sigpic
                      Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

I don't think Capcom really cares about "who ends up with who" in the RE universe, and quite frankly, I can't blame them. In fact, I'm glad they don't.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                          There's 4 1/2 women.

Clair, Angela, Mole, Elza, and Ashley

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                            I don't think Capcom really cares about "who ends up with who" in the RE universe, and quite frankly, I can't blame them. In fact, I'm glad they don't.
                            Exactly. Why does everything have to turn into a cheesy romance? The whole love thing is a big waste of time and just creates drama
                            sigpic
                            Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Originally posted by BLSR1 View Post
                              There's 4 1/2 women.

Clair, Angela, Mole, Elza, and Ashley
                              Don't forget Hunnigan, even though she played him.

Comment

Working...
                              X