No announcement yet.

RPD Dispatch 1 - Playing RE3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahh, I never beat it cause I always run out of time...that's neat...I got to beat it one day.
    sigpic

Comment

• I could never do Nicholai... too difficult.

Comment

• I've done it! What a crap message from the director too, haha. And yep, if you head for the door rather than the ladder hatch, you get a radio cutscene with Barry on it :3 awesome. Now I just need to beat easy once, and then get the merc money up for that and I am finished with the Gamecube version.

Comment

• I'm stuck at the water purification puzzle I can't remember the combo.
          If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

• There are various ones. Its fairly easy, they just make the A one deceptive. Best to start from C and work your way up to A. It should be easier then.

Comment

• Yeah, i remember being stuck in that puzzle, i always ask my brother to solve it when i was playing through it. This monday i'm getting the RE3 GC version as i said before, let's see what fond memories it brings to me ^^

Comment

• Oddly enough, I just finished the water purification puzzle. I went back up to the second level, but the door says "It is locked by a system.". When I check the panel next to the door it says "There's a security system. System Power: Stand-by mode. Water check: OK. Manual verification is required." Then nothing happens. What do I need to do?

EDIT: Heh. Forgot steam room puzzle.

EDIT AGAIN: I beat it for the first time. YAY!
                Last edited by LeonsBuddyDave; 08-25-2008, 12:05 AM.

Comment

• Good work, LBD!

I don't find the water-purification test particuarly difficult, just time consuming.

Comment

• In the Biohazard Archives book, under the Resident Evil 3 concept art section on page 222, it states: "The first artist's conceptions of Nicholai and Mikhail had people calling them the Ginovaef brothers, with Mikhail as the good older brother, and Nicholai as the evil younger one."

Now, from my understanding, "Ginovaef", in proper Russian, would actually be pronounced "Zinoviev", or "Зино́вьев" in the modified Cyrillic alphabet, and "Mikhail Victor" would essentially be the Western equivalent of having two first names. We run into the same problem with Colonel Sergei Vladimir. (I am far from an expert on foreign languages, however, so please correct me if I am wrong.)

When Colonel Kanatjan Alibekov, the former Soviet biological weapons expert, defected to the United States in 1992, he adopted the more "Westernized" name of Ken Alibek. My guess is that both Mikhail and Sergei did the same. My question for those of you who have participated in the current Resident Evil 3 game analysis is this: Is there anything within the game itself which would totally eliminate the possibility of Mikhail and Nicholai from being brothers? Granted the former was born in Leningrad, and the latter in Moscow, but nearly 10 years separates them, so this neither proves nor disproves anything. I ask this simply for the sake of my own curiosity. Thanks!

Comment

• Oh god, I hated that purification puzzle, took me a while to figure it out.

My best speed run on re 3 is 1 hour and 30 mins and 6 seconds
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Chimera View Post
                        Is there anything within the game itself which would totally eliminate the possibility of Mikhail and Nicholai from being brothers?
                        The only things I can think of is Nicolai's stoicness while Mikhail sits wounded on the cable car. I'm not sure if Mikhail hears Jill tell Carlos that "Nicholai, won't be joining us", but if he did, then he didn't seem too concerned.

That and Occam's razor.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Mikhail was having delusions, which may have prevented him from hearing Jill (actually, I'd say there was a very good chance of that). Does it matter anyway?

Comment

• 1:28:12 is my fastest run through here But theres far too much randomization to get a truly great run without obsessing over the game too much. Plus, I was still recording a few cutscenes and was using the infinite ammo assault rifle, which takes a bit too long to kill enemies compared to something like a shotgun.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Dot50Cal; 08-26-2008, 05:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                              1:28:12 is my fastest run through here But theres far too much randomization to get a truly great run without obsessing over the game too much. Plus, I was still recording a few cutscenes and was using the infinite ammo assault rifle, which takes a bit too long to kill enemies compared to something like a shotgun.
                              WHO YA GONNA CALL?

Dot50Cal, thats who. ^W^

Comment

• Some guy has me beat by 15 minutes or so, on that speed run website. And he didn't use infinite ammo, which is terrifying. I don't think I can ever beat that, or would even want to try. I'm convinced that people who do speed runs like that have some form of autism. Theres no way I can force myself to play a game over and over to learn every pattern. It just gets so boring.

Comment

Working...
                                X