No announcement yet.

RPD Dispatch 1 - Playing RE3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE3 was the first game of the series where the graphics did improve vastly on the versions made after the original PS1 edition. Prior to that, excluding the FMV's, the native resolution of the graphics... bascially the backgrounds and textures for all of the versions of RE1 and 2 were hardly every touched. RE3 instead used clearly higher res editions from scratch and were scaled down to fit on the PS1 disc.

I was vastly shocked at the visual change to the PC and DC editions of RE3 over the PS1. RE2's models got an improvement on PC and DC, but it was hardly as much as the overall improvement RE3 had to everything.
    Last edited by Rombie; 09-02-2008, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• Okay then, its the original version. RE3 pushed the PS1 to its limits and got well rewarded for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
        Theres no way I can force myself to play a game over and over to learn every pattern. It just gets so boring.
        haha reading that i thought that resident evil 3 is probably the game i played through the most and know where every item is where and what happens when (well let's say 80%)

Though i still haven't made a speedrun yet, I'm gonna attempt one soon (still needs some planning, hehe) but I'll be sure to record it then anyway

Also i want to make rank s with all three mercenaries, which will be quite hard i guess...

oh man how much i love Resident Evil 3

Comment

• Scott, do the European versions have the S rank? In the US versions, its gone. The highest rank you can get is A ;(

I've got a video tutorial up for the Mercenaries. Its a guide for Mikhail's version. Its around 22 minutes long ;)

Comment

• RE3 it's like REmake, it's perfect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Green View Post
              haha reading that i thought that resident evil 3 is probably the game i played through the most and know where every item is where and what happens when (well let's say 80%)
              Haha, ditto! RE3 had by far the best replay value for me. I'm still not bored of it.

Comment

• I've slowed down on the replaying, but it's still my favourite! Still get scared when Nemesis is chasing me out-of-sight and that tension music is playing...

Comment

• Originally posted by Helegad View Post
                  I've slowed down on the replaying, but it's still my favourite! Still get scared when Nemesis is chasing me out-of-sight and that tension music is playing...
                  Hahaha! Don't we all? =]

It's really awesome for an old game. Although it really annoys me when I'm running from the Nemesis and I run into another monster which either slows me down or gets me killed alltogether. Thats my fault though, I guess. I need to kill everything on sight. >:]

Comment

• Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                    Scott, do the European versions have the S rank? In the US versions, its gone. The highest rank you can get is A ;(

I've got a video tutorial up for the Mercenaries. Its a guide for Mikhail's version. Its around 22 minutes long ;)

http://www.the-horror.com/index.php?id=re3vid
                    Well the only difference on the PS version was that the blood was grey and dead zombies (lol) disappeared after blinking a few times, sucked. (gamecube and dreamcast are the same as the us version)

As for the main game the highest is rank A.

As for the mercenerias I watched your video and i needa say, really nice quality
                    Hehe I play quite differently than you but we get pretty much the same result. Oh and I know why you didn't get rank S on it.

For rank S in mercenaries you need to:
                    -Save all hostages
                    -get all the secret point
                    -kill much
                    -be fast (amount of time left)
                    -don't use any healing objects... I do not know if this also counts on the ones you have from the start with you, I actually never made it to the end without using one of the first aid sprays

there is also another possibility:
                    -Save all hostages
                    -get all the secret point
                    -kill all enemies, yes all (obviously with the knife)

you can get a knife with carlos and mikhail it's in the item box. You can access it after you cleared mercenaries with all three characters and you bought all weapons.

Well I needa add I never made it with carlos or nicholai, so i can't confirm my statements, I just found them doing some research in the net :p

I'll be sure to post my run once I figure out how to record from my dreamcast

Comment

• GREAT thread!!!
                      It warms my heart to see one of my all time favorite games, discussed with such enthusiasm
                      S-Gene, thanks for those tips. I've played the mercenaries countless times but I never even knew about the 'time bonus' pick ups!

Comment

• How do you use a non sidewinder gamepad with the pc version?
                        If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

• Lol, you can use a gamepad with RE3 PC?

Comment

• Apprently reading through bio3.ini
                            it supports
                            [Microsoft SideWinder game pad]
                            [Microsoft SideWinder Freestyle Pro]
                            [Microsoft SideWinder Precision Pro]
                            [Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback Pro]
                            [Q-Mark USB Game Device] ????
                            If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

• Try Xpadder or JoytoKey to map keyboard controls to a gamepad. I prefer Xpadder it is simple to set up and allows just about anything.

Comment

• I like the keyboard controls. They're actually pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                                X