No announcement yet.

RPD Dispatch 1 - Playing RE3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the end of your game, it lets you save a New Game + essentially. It transfers over your merc unlocks and epilogues. So you want to play again, and load this save up, pick Continue. A new game starts. You save OVER the New Game + save with your first save..all is lost, right? Nope. Lets say you screw up immensely during this play through and have to start over. You choose restart when loading any save that you had created during this play through. You start at the beginning with all the epilogues and weapons again.

Comment

The AI in RE3 is really random at times. Sometimes they do something, othertimes, they dont.

Zombies can sometimes shuffle really fast in some occasions and it appears as if they are trying to run. Crimson Head precursor?

I know the Drain Deimos/Brain Suckers have the ability to drop a little flea looking offspring since I've seen it before (resembles a cricket/grasshopper jumping). This hasn't happened for me in years though... Not since 2001 anyway...

I know the Hunter Beta's can grab onto the walls and attack from there but seem to only do it randomly.

I could have sworn that the Hunter Gammas in the park could jump in and out of the water, but I'll have to double check this next play through... I'm not sure if they jump in because of damage or to pop back up somewhere else...

Nemesis can lose limbs but this happens randomly too, and they seem to regenerate at your next encounter

Comment

I know the Drain Deimos/Brain Suckers have the ability to drop a little flea looking offspring since I've seen it before (resembles a cricket/grasshopper jumping). This hasn't happened for me in years though... Not since 2001 anyway...
        I have have seen this only a few times, and you usually can't attack them at all. I think it's just a goof up in the game as they are rare.

Comment

Seriously? I never knew that aboiut the Drain/Brain enemy. Nemesis too..Do you have any pictures of him loosing limbs? Or maybe you are confused with the acid bath he takes? I've been beating his ass all through my second play through and I have yet to see that.

Comment

If I remember correctly, it's just tentacles that fall off, and they fall from his hands.

Comment

No, he gets decapitated. Look closely. All his tentacles fall off too.

I get it now, Dot! Thanks for the explanation

PO, it's a new feature for zombies to "run". It happens all the time, and it's not a glitch.

Comment

I know one set of events depends on whether you head to the News office before the diner or visa versa. This usually makes the gem appear in the opposite place, although I'm not sure if it makes the difference at the Garage/Umbrella Offices.

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
                  No, he gets decapitated. Look closely. All his tentacles fall off too.
                  I wasn't referring to the acid bath. I was talking about when you fight him throughout the game, which is what Omega was referring to.

Comment

Oh, okay. Sorry. I think I've witnessed him losing the tentacles that come out of his hand at one point or another... but I can't remember when.

Comment

The only time I've seen nemesis lose a limb is his arm when you fight him in the garbage room. First he loses his arm, then head, and then after a bit more damage he's defeated.

I've seen the drain deimos maggots.

The zombies in the game have various speeds. The 'running' zombies can be seen in old 1.5 videos, and the animation was later reused in RE3.
                      You can leave the room and re enter, and their 'speed data' resets, which can make them easier to handle. You can also use a dodge to knock them over. And then they get up, they've calmed down, but will still run if you get too far away.

A good example of this is when Brad bursts out of the small room. Straight after the scene, I think 3 of the 4 are 'runners'. They always are. But if you exit and re enter (reset them), they are slower and you can knife them really easily .

As for the 'random events'. I know that Nemesis attacks you when you put out the fire in the alley way, unless you go to the substation, and then let the zombies enter (don't do anything in the live action). When you exit the gate, Jill will be surrounded by some zombies. Nemesis will be on a nearby rooftop, and will shoot the zombies. Then he'll try and shoot Jill. You get a cool over-nemesis'-shoulder camera angle, which makes dodging the rockets easy. Then when he's got no ammo he jumps down to try kick your ass, but you can use the explosives on the wall to kill him even easier than usual
                      sigpic

Comment

Yep, it was quite cool to see this angle The last time I saw it was when the game came out, so a lot of memories got refreshed this time around. Unfortunately, I left the area and Nemesis was gone afterwords I want my Shotgun parts you bastard!

By the way, I should say that we're planning on having some RE3 discussion for the podcast (coming soon after Leipzig) so we're all playing through it. If anyone wants to join in, feel free. We'd cull any good, "discuss-able" comments on the podcast and how you felt about the game, or even certain things that really interest you about the title. I'll definitely be brining up PO's info to see if anyone discovered that stuff
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Dot50Cal; 08-12-2008, 02:02 AM.

Comment

I don't know is this stuff worth paying atention to, but after I met Nemesis in the bar with Carlos I used a molotov coctaile option on him, but I didn't killed him after it so he started to chase me. And wile runing I've entered the location were you first meet draindemos. I expectad that Nem will enter this location through the door from wich I entered but he desided to do it in his way. I saw that roof above my head shaked like he landed on it, than I heared him saing Stars, that he roared and jumped from the roof on the floor and continued to chase me. Got to say that was unexpected. And sometimes enemys generates randomly I think, because wile I was returning to a Kendo, on the location were a secret place with grenades is and you have to use a lever to open it, I met a lot of crows but had to end the game, than when the next day I restarted and used the same route to this location there were a lot of zombies.
                          "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

When is RE3 gonna be on the PSN?

Comment

Who knows

I gotta say, the random enemy placement sort of detracts from the game. My first play through, I only encountered Hunters (Beta or Gamma) in the Hospital with Carlos. The rest of the game felt empty, with no real difficulty ramp up. But just now, on my second play-through, I went to the park and got decapitated because I was unprepared, haha. And hey Scream, nice icon

Comment

But it also makes the game looks more interesting in some ways. You can always expect to meet something new wile playing, something you don't expect.
                                "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Working...
                                X