No announcement yet.

RPD Dispatch 1 - Playing RE3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats true, but there are those cases where you'll just encounter Zombies and Sliding Worms, making the game very forgettable enemy-wise. Theres also little to no back story about the creatures. Where are the files on the Hunter variants? They could easily replace the photos, which are just shots off the CG intro. The timing for Hunter Beta's and Gamma's to show themselves is very limited as well. They are only in that Park area, with none appearing in the Dead Factory.

Comment

Hunter betas appear in the sewer tunnels and the septic pool area, depending on what option you chose earlier at the bridge, I think. Otherwise, the brain suckers appear.
      Last edited by biohazard_star; 08-13-2008, 04:17 AM.
      Seibu teh geimu?
      ---

Comment

I should really continue the game I started a while back. I was going through killing Nemesis everytime he appeared either by environmental effects or good old Pistol. If I remember correctly, Nemesis suffers from all Tyrant defects, he grabs you and punches southpaw. So stick to his right and all will be all right. I would have knifed Nemesis but the knife is far too slow to manouver around his attacks.

The random enemy placement still surprises me. but nowadays its usually in my favour.

Comment

Hes much easier in his second tentacle form. He doesn't have the 1 hit insta-kill if you are in caution or lower. I managed to get the Shotgun Parts A on this second playthrough but since its so late in the game, I won't have another chance to down him.

Its a shame none of the stuff he drops carries over, because you have such a limited time with the infinite ammo and shotgun. Its really not fair

By the way, on the subject of "superior version", I went ahead and put together a quick comparison of the backgrounds. The Dreamcast, PC and PSX shots are extracted right from the disc, but the Gamecube one is in an odd format that I can't extract (adt). So just for completeness sake, I put up an in-game shot off component video. Its not really fair to the Cube, but I think it holds up remarkably well to the PC version. If I had to guess, I'd say that the GC one uses the PC versions backgrounds. The Dreamcasts are just awful.

Last edited by Dot50Cal; 08-13-2008, 05:28 AM.

Comment

This game is a whole heck of a lot more random then I remember it being, holds up relatively well though

Comment

Hes much easier in his second tentacle form. He doesn't have the 1 hit insta-kill if you are in caution or lower. I managed to get the Shotgun Parts A on this second playthrough but since its so late in the game, I won't have another chance to down him.

Its a shame none of the stuff he drops carries over, because you have such a limited time with the infinite ammo and shotgun. Its really not fair

By the way, on the subject of "superior version", I went ahead and put together a quick comparison of the backgrounds. The Dreamcast, PC and PSX shots are extracted right from the disc, but the Gamecube one is in an odd format that I can't extract (adt). So just for completeness sake, I put up an in-game shot off component video. Its not really fair to the Cube, but I think it holds up remarkably well to the PC version. If I had to guess, I'd say that the GC one uses the PC versions backgrounds. The Dreamcasts are just awful.
              It is a shame that it doesn't continue over to the next game. You spend all that time caining Nemesis and you have to do it again. Thats one thing I did like about 4.

Comment

You can add the 'Infinite Ammo' Nemesis prize to the Western Custom and have a bit more fun with it, but I prefer making the Magnum an infinite ammo weapon.

Comment

I do wish that Nemesis would return more often. I miss the old days of when I first played RE3 and never killed Nemesis (except for the battles you must) and he used to randomly appear and chase you down in rooms.

Comment

Originally posted by Enrico Marini View Post
                    I do wish that Nemesis would return more often. I miss the old days of when I first played RE3 and never killed Nemesis (except for the battles you must) and he used to randomly appear and chase you down in rooms.
                    Thats what Ive been doing, its exciting heh

Comment

I tried Mercs for the first time and got creamed. After watching a Japanese player run through the game, I got a good idea of how to handle it. I was doing great, until I ran out of ammo inside the area where Brad runs out from the basement. So close!

Is there a full list of the cash value for actions?
                      Last edited by Dot50Cal; 08-13-2008, 08:28 AM.

Comment

I tried Mercs for the first time and got creamed. After watching a Japanese player run through the game, I got a good idea of how to handle it. I was doing great, until I ran out of ammo inside the area where Brad runs out from the basement. So close!

I don't know. If you get to the end you get 10x what you'd get. What I normally do for mercs is take Mikhail, save the person in the gas station, save the lady in the news office, save the person in the restaurant basement, save Marvin at the electric plant place, then run past as many monsters as possible (one area if you delay for a second nemesis smacks a zombie dead for you, think this is after the garage/bus area so +seconds for free), then if you have lots of ammo, kead to the Umbrella offices else just run back to the beginning avoiding the back of the bar (where you meet brad, 2x Nemesis isn;t nice unless one accidently shoots the other, has happened for me). You should then make it to the end and get a nice $1200~1500. Been a while since I played it though.

Comment

I wish I could find my Last Escape disc I swear it was an early release at least I seem to remember the intro being different it was the full game too. The dude that bootlegged it changed the licensing screen to eat more pizzia's as well cos he owned a take away an I just used to buy pirate ps1 games from him instead of buying anything from the take away the good old ps1 modchip days eh :-)P
                          If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

I basically tried this:

I was in the room with Carlos, but I ran out of ammo on the last 3 zombies. He woulda dropped 14 enhanced shotgun rounds, so I definitely would have made it, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post

Zombie kill -$5
                              Zombie dog kill -$6
                              Crow kill -$2
                              Hunter beta (red) kill -$10
                              Drain Deimos kill -$8
                              Hunter gamma (frog) kill -$10
                              Giant spider kill -$7
                              Small spider kill -$0
                              Brain sucker kill -$10
                              Sliding worm kill -$0
                              Nemesis (1st form) drop -$10 (mentioned in the Famitsu official guide book)
                              Nemesis (1st form) kill -$40
                              Nemesis (2nd form) kill -$250 (appears at the smashed bus if you have > 2:00 on your clock)

Rescue a survivor - $50
                              When you reach the end, every 2 seconds on your timer scores you $1.
                              I'm pretty sure dieing halves your cash. (Famitsu)

2x cash for a knife kill.
                              2x cash for kills with a drum explosion.
                              1/3x cash for kills with a Rocket Launcher.

SURVIVAL TIMES
                              Dario dies 2:00 after you start.
                              Brad dies 4:30 after you start.
                              Marvin dies 7:00 after you start.
                              Lucia dies 9:30 after you start.
                              Mercenary @ Umbrella office dies 12:00 after you start.
                              Mercenary @ Bar dies 14:00 after you start.

TIME BONUS POINTS.
                              1) Trash heap in room next to newspaper office.
                              2) Restaurant side table (at the end if you turn right from the double door).
                              3) Substation desk (room in line with the long corridor).
                              4) Firehose outlet in the alley behind the mesh gate
                              5) Dead police officers behind the barricade in the alley with the 3 dogs.
                              6) On the dead officer where you find the shotgun in the main game.

Can be collected in any order. First gets +2 seconds, then +4, +8, +16, +32 and +64 for all 6. No bonus cash for collecting these.

SOURCE: Biohazard 3 Last Escape kanzenkoryaku guide, unless stated otherwise.

The only thing I didn't translate and copy were the rewards you get for rescuing the survivors, but they are listed in the guide. If you want them I'll update this post.

What character are you running out of ammo with?

EDIT: My VMU saves are gone! With my mercs high scores. Nicholai was $1800+, Carlos was like $105, and Mikhail was about $2000ish. DAMN.
                              Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 08-13-2008, 09:29 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

The worms remind me of the one at the end of that re5 trailer.
                                If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X