No announcement yet.

RPD Dispatch 1 - Playing RE3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The worms remind me of the one at the end of that re5 trailer.
    T-virus infected Las Plagas.

I might actually dig out RE3 again and play the mercenaries. I know my scores used to suck .

Comment

well if the nemesis is a parasite, virus infected monster, then we can assume that these parasites that will be in re5 is the same used in the Nemesis program.

Comment

It was Mikhail, Gene. Thanks for the info on the cash bonus' ;) I'll give it some more tries.

Comment

Yay!

Is there anything gained by beating it with an S rank with all three characters?

Edit: Apparently theres no S rank in the US/Euro version?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Dot50Cal; 08-13-2008, 11:05 PM.

Comment

yea I pretty much played through mercs enough to get all of the items, starting with the very expensive one

Comment

This thread makes me want to fire up RE3 again. As this thread shows RE3 is much deeper than people give it credit for...many facts I didn't know about this game.

Comment

Can someone tell me, when I purchase the infinite item case from the mercs, does it automatically apply to all the weapons, or do I have to use it?

Also, if I were to use the items earned in the Mercs and then complete the game, would they still be in the item box (or wherever) when I begin another game from the end save?

Edit: Yikes, Carlos was tough. I was down to the wire but made it out. I had to let Nicholai die though, time wasn't on my side. I'll try to do a video with Nicholai next, but chances are it'll suck Has anyone been able to beat it with Nicholai?
                Last edited by Dot50Cal; 08-14-2008, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                  Can someone tell me, when I purchase the infinite item case from the mercs, does it automatically apply to all the weapons, or do I have to use it?

Also, if I were to use the items earned in the Mercs and then complete the game, would they still be in the item box (or wherever) when I begin another game from the end save?

Edit: Yikes, Carlos was tough. I was down to the wire but made it out. I had to let Nicholai die though, time wasn't on my side. I'll try to do a video with Nicholai next, but chances are it'll suck Has anyone been able to beat it with Nicholai?
                  The infinite ammo applies to all weapons.
                  I'm quite certain the inf. ammo items carry over.

I can get 6 survivors + kill Bus nemesis with Nicholai, but my highest scores are 5 survivors + bus nemesis. I find Carlos to be MUCH more difficult than Nicholai. With Nicholai time isns't really an issue, because of the 8x time bonus for knife kills.

If you want some strats, tell me what part you are having trouble with.
                  sigpic

Comment

For the Infinite Ammo for all weapons, what I meant was, do I have to USE the case in order to get infinite ammo, or does it automatically apply? The reason being is, I dont want to rip the save for THIA with infinite ammo on everything. If it auto-applys, I'd rather just have enough cash to purchase it and leave it up to whoever downloads the save to activate it.

A guide for Carlos would be cool. I can't seem to get enough time to get Nicholai out of the Sales office. Its difficult But actually, I think I'm going to leave this run through as-is. I'm not trying to be a super player here, just good enough to give an indication of how you might want to handle a session to score big. I'm on to try Nicholai now.
                    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 08-14-2008, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Ok I understand.
                      Infinite ammo is applied to all the weapons automatically. You don't combine it with the guns. The guns already have infinite ammo in them @ the outset.
                      sigpic

Comment

Ah, ok. Then I'll just have 9999$ in the mercs mode so people can unlock that if they want. I assume all the other weapon unlocks just appear in the item box?

I'm currently doing a 1-run play-through to get the infinite ammo assault rifle when you defeat Nemesis every time. I'm all the way up to the cable car and things are going smoothly now After that, its more Mercs if I am up to it Maybe I'll do another play-through or two, so I can continue getting epilogues (and eventually the directors message).
                        Last edited by Dot50Cal; 08-14-2008, 10:06 AM.

Comment

One thing I never did in RE3 is get the rocket launcher near the end. Is it even possible or I am thinking of something else?

Comment

It is, you need to encode the key in some UV light or something. I would have missed it had I not read a guide

Also, I messed up this single shot play through I didn't realize you HAD to kill Nemesis at the Brad encounter. So my final battle with him just netted me another F-Aid holder. Damn! I'll have to replay it now, but shit, how do I kill him there with just a shotgun and handgun?

Nemesis Drops:
                            1)At Brad's body
                            2)Inside the RPD (After he crashes through the window)
                            3a)Inside the Kitchen (Hide for an easy kill)
                            3b)Inside the NewsPaper Office (Hide for an easy kill)
                            4a)On top of the roof near the Power Plant (Emergency Exit)
                            4b)Attacks you after the Sales Office, inside the alley you used the hose on
                            5)Waiting in the Y Junction between the Garage and Cable Car
                            6)Clocktower (Use Cord for an easy kill)
                            7)After reviving Jill

If I missed anywhere, feel free to let me know Holy hell this is gonna be tough..

Edit:

Does anyone know if Nemesis' item drops stack, across play-throughs? IE: Can I have more than 1 infinite ammo case to use on one gun from killing him? Or does the case disappear when the session is over?
                            Last edited by Dot50Cal; 08-14-2008, 12:16 PM.

Comment

yea ive gotten the rocket launcher at the end several times from the locker. I know that Nemesis will only drop up to infinite ammo and thats the last of it, after the eagle parts, shot gun parts ect.

Comment

Hmm, but the Rocket Launcher is a Mercenaries mode unlock..I'm guessing that the Infinite Ammo Case (one use) and the Infinite Assault Rifle that Nemesis drops don't carry over on Next Game's. It would make sense, since you don't keep the Western Shotgun or the Handgun.

Good news though, I am now up to where you control Carlos again. I'm on track with the item drops to get the Infinite Assault Rifle. The first two battles were extremely tough. I had to take Nemesis down with handgun rounds, and then switch to the Shotgun. After that, ammo was really tight, so I had used a combination of Python and Shotgun. Really crazy stuff, but I managed After that, its fairly easy. You just need to watch your ammo.

I ran out of hard drive space (550GB) and I've been up 24 hours. So I'm calling it a night. I'll have to pick up where I left off tomorrow. Its kinda crazy that I'm only doing this run for a video of the Infinite Assault Rifle. After this, I'm going back to my other save to continue unlocking epilogues, and getting the various alternate cutscenes recorded.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Dot50Cal; 08-14-2008, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X