Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"You want STARS? I'll give you STARS!"

Comment

I'm on track to beating it this morning ;)

If anyone else is also playing, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the game! Its always interesting to read peoples comments, especially those who haven't played the game in a number of years.

My Gamecube save ripper should be arriving soon, so I'll be able to rip the completed save with everything unlocked for THIA
      Last edited by Dot50Cal; 08-15-2008, 02:22 AM.

Comment

I haven't played it since it first came out where I completed it normally then used cheat codes for unlocking Jill's diary and mercenaries overall I felt it was 2nd easiest game in the series with zero being the first.
        Couple of questions how do you save that guy in the main game that has the shotgun near him down the stairs where the zombies burst through the door at the top when you walk past. Also i've just noticed Marvin & Brad are in mercenaries, I forgot about Brad fending off the zombie in the bar near the boutique do you think it's possible to control them with cheats codes as well as the survivors? the walking animation is there.
        Last edited by kevstah2004; 08-15-2008, 02:49 AM.
        If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

I need to start playing again...its been a long time!

Comment

You can't save the guy where you recover the shotgun. Hes just there as a part of the background, not a 3d model. There is a diary in the RPD that seems to indicate it was that guy who wrote it. In the book, he says he will kill himself with the shotgun before he becomes a zombie, and well, when you examine the guy in the basement with the shotgun it says he was killed before the zombies ripped his guts out.

I'd imagine you could gameshark it to play as any model, since I've seen people using Tofu (apparently on the disc too!) in the Mercs mode. I'd have to ask Mark about that, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
              You can't save the guy where you recover the shotgun. Hes just there as a part of the background, not a 3d model. There is a diary in the RPD that seems to indicate it was that guy who wrote it. In the book, he says he will kill himself with the shotgun before he becomes a zombie, and well, when you examine the guy in the basement with the shotgun it says he was killed before the zombies ripped his guts out.

I'd imagine you could gameshark it to play as any model, since I've seen people using Tofu (apparently on the disc too!) in the Mercs mode. I'd have to ask Mark about that, though.
              Yeah i've played as Tofu before in RE3 too
              I tried to beat Brad getting to the Bar door whilst he's fending off the zombies near that shutter running down the steps but to no avail I always end up getting caught by one of the zombies or running into a wall it probably can be done with a walk through walls code though.
              Do you have all the RE games for GC? if so could you record a high-res movie of that uncensored licker head drop scene in RE2, the GC code is about somewhere.
              Last edited by kevstah2004; 08-15-2008, 06:12 AM.

sigpic

Comment

It is? I thought that scene was scrapped.

Anyway, I've done myself quite a few no-save runs through RE3. All with one infinite weapon or another though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                  You can only use Gameshark to play as programmed players, I assume.
                  In the PS1 version you can only use Jill, Nicholai, Mickhail, Carlos and Tofu.
                  NGC version has Dario Rosso added aswell, though I have no idea why.
                  And I'm not sure about the other versions since I've only ever played the PS1 version.

On topic though, Tofu was meant to be in The Mercinaries, but they took him out, I'm guessing time was an issue?
                  I'm not sure, but if he still has a programmed model in the character modifier code, then he must've been pulled late.

EDIT:
                  Originally posted by kevstah2004
                  Do you have all the RE games for GC? if so could you record a high-res movie of that uncensored licker head drop scene in RE2, the GC code is about somewhere.
                  That code was PAL NGC only, unless someone else here has the PAL copy, a PAL AR, and a video card for NGC, I'm not sure we can get it.
                  Last edited by Gradon; 08-15-2008, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Maybe Tofu could have been Nicholai at one point, but they replaced him with Nicholai for completions sake?

Comment

Just had my old AR CDX cart out an I have few codes on it for SLES-02529
                      I'm missing Jill's normal RE3 outfit aka the blue boob tube, Marvin & Brad.
                      They can probably be ported to GC & DC as well.

Biker Costume
                      800D3D3E 0002
                      800D3D54 0002

Jill RE1 STARS Outfit
                      800D3D3E 0003
                      800D3D54 0003

Shopping Clothes
                      800D3D3E 0004
                      800D3D54 0004

Police Costume
                      800D3D3E 0005
                      800D3D54 0005

Regina Outfit
                      800D3D3E 0006
                      800D3D54 0006

Carlos
                      800D3D3E 0008
                      800D3D54 0008

Mikhail
                      800D3D3E 0009
                      800D3D54 0009

Nicolai
                      800D3D3E 000A
                      800D3D54 000A

Tofu
                      800D3D3E 000F
                      800D3D54 000F
                      Last edited by kevstah2004; 08-15-2008, 10:58 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Filth and lies! The Assault Rifle that Nemesis drops is just a normal one without infinite ammo Bah!!
                        Attached Files

Comment

On your first run through, it will be like that.

Comment

Yeah, but I read that it would have infinite ammo as well. Oh well.

Comment

I heared that on your second playthrough there will be unlimited ammo for one weapon and no rifle.
                              "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

So is it to be considered canon that Nemesis carries firearm's?

Comment

Working...
                                X