Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 5 Interviews, Submit Your Questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 5 Interviews, Submit Your Questions!

Capcom is reaching out to the community for three questions about Resident Evil 5 which will be answered by Masachika Kawata. The deadline is currently August 18th, so if you are registered on the Capcom Europe forums, drop by and leave a question.

Capcom Europe Forums Thanks to ElusionM!

The gaming website UGO had also posted an interview with Jun Takeuchi, the producer of Resident Evil 5, to answer some questions about Resident Evil 5. I've scanned through the article and have narrowed down the new information for your consumption.
    • QTE's are back, but this time will require BOTH players to input commands at specified times
    • The Merchant will be back "in some form"
    • The BSAA was formed due to the Raccoon City incident
    • 5 will not end the Umbrella plot-line, but rather give you a glimpse of the mysteries that are left from the story
    • Takeuchi seems to indicate that the stop and shoot/stop and reload gameplay will not change
    • He confirms that the inventory system from 4 is gone, and is now replaced with the more traditional system found in previous games
    • There will be a mini-game after completing 5, possibly similar to the Mercenaries in 4

UGO Interview Thanks to Stars1356!

For the love of god I hope they make Mercenaries online.
    If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

"Thanks" for the credits, I posted that 08/06/2008 in "news report" ;)

Comment

If they are going to release a Playable Demo before christmas
        Last edited by imagination7; 08-10-2008, 05:59 PM.

Comment

wonder if the rest of the people from prevous games will be in this one to. thatll be off the hook.

Comment

Hunk too! Would be cool to have to do a Hunk Side Game like RE2
            Last edited by Stars_g36; 08-10-2008, 09:30 PM.

Comment

All good news to me. It's great that they left the stop/shoot gameplay if that was changed in RE4 what little tension there was would have completley vanished. Having the merchant back is great and as for the attache case I don't really care that it's gone.

Comment

Good news, it would be great to see something like Mercenaries in RE5 but it would be even better to play as Hunk during his side story like Stars g36 said. Hunk is one of my favorite characters and I would like to use his neckbracker move once again on some infected enemy.
                "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Run, stop, shoot...is back? Oh my God.
                  New minigame? Revives some hope, aslong as they have previous characters as playable characters and as pointed above. Online play for that.

Comment

I hope the mini game will be fun and have some of the old characters too....I will kind of miss the old inventory though. I thought the attache case was nice since it gave you more items but at the same time you still had a limit of what you could carry. That, and I liked the slight pause going into the inventory gave you during the game.
                    sigpic
                    Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

I suppose the Atache Case wouldn't work since you can't sit there and re-organize the case. The inventory is live now, like Outbreak, so you can't spend time making sure your sniper rifle fits.

Comment

I bet you anything that there will be a minigame where you play as the hooded woman (AKA: Sherry IMO).

Comment

Another reason the attache case was dropped is because in the current build there is real-time weapon switching.

Comment

Tofu or nothing for me
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
                              Tofu or nothing for me
                              Yeah, that is the holy truth. Respect men, THAT is what I really want to see in RE5. And than lets make a CG movie about him and call it RE Tofufication.
                              "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Working...
                              X