Thread: Dead Rising Chop Til You Drop Preview

War Horse Uranium

Default Dead Rising Chop Til You Drop Preview

1UP has a preview for the upcoming Wii "port" of Dead Rising. Capcom invited them to preview a trial edition of the game, which will be appearing at Leipzig this week. Capcom has apparently added non human enemies this time, with one of them being a zombie poodle. In the trial, there are a maximum of 10 zombies on screen at the time, but Capcom says they are trying to get 100 before the game is finished. Additionally, the 72 hour countdown clock from the 360 version is gone. Capcom have also added multiple save slots for players to use, unlike the single one that was used on the 360 version.

For this sampler, the development team pieced together two slices of the game, starting with a roughly five-minute sequence where players could roam around and attack zombies in the middle of the mall -- encountering new creatures (such as a zombie poodle, a zombie parrot, and an overweight security guard) and weapons (such as a saw blade that can fire sharp metal discs with a flick of your wrist) in the process.
    Read more at 1UP
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 08-18-2008 at 07:50 PM.

#30 Birkin Type 2

Wow! I didn't know the graphics would be so bad! they look awful! but well, what can they do? hahahaha

An Old-Fashioned Cowboy Archelon's Avatar

Zombie Poodles = Greatest Game Ever

True story.

i dont like the graphiques but i got the 360 version and for a wii game its kinda cool

i can't wait!!!!
    Last edited by RE-Hiro; 08-18-2008 at 11:44 PM.

I am actually really interested in this game because I have a wii. The graphics look ok but it sounds like they changed a few things around to make the game better.

They are trying to make the game better using new stuff like zombie-poodles and lots of new interesting modifications, and make people not to look on to graphics a lot. Works for me
    "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Barry's Super Awesome Army The Dude's Avatar

Graphics look pretty shoddy, I wasn't expecting miracles but they look pretty bad.
    I'll reserve judgement until moving footage is available though, but all things considered i'd have preferred a 360 directors cut with all these features *well at least the RE4 view along with changes to timing and mission structure* implemented.

EDIT: GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE - I assume its legit.

http://www.n4g.com/wii/News-185839.aspx

Didn't look to see if anyone posted it before, couldn't give a toss if ya did as I couldn't find it :p.
    While I understand its got a long way to go in development, it looks total shite so far.
    The RE4 view kills the fun in the gameplay it seems in hindsight.
    Last edited by The Dude; 08-19-2008 at 07:14 AM.

im looking forward to the game. im hoping the tweek the graphics though. it says its using the re4 engine but re4 looked amazing why cant this one

Overly Old School

...I hate that poodle. It's all the poodles fault. I'll play purely to hunt down that poodle and smash in it's face with a sledgehammer.

Barry's Super Awesome Army The Dude's Avatar

Seems the reception to the footage is pretty much negative, with good reason, I really hope Capcom take this on board and try and up the quality of the game a notch, the aiming looks cumbersome, and the melee attacks etc just look problematic now they've changed everything.

Thread Information