No announcement yet.

Leipzig Resident Evil 5 Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jill Lover - it may just be wishful thinking on our parts, that the masked woman is Jill. But even in your avatar, you can see how Jill's lips, chin, and jaw outline resemble the masked woman's. (The driving scene slowly zooms in on her face as well, and that has to *mean* something, like "HEY, LOOK RIGHT *HERE*!") There has to be a reason we cannot see her entire face. She is someone the fans would recognize, and maybe it's supposed to be a surprise? But then, why would Jill be there? Why would she seemingly be helping the bad guys? Is she undercover? Is she brainwashed?

Ada's facial shape doesn't resemble the masked woman's, IMO.

Mist - I think the blonde is Sherry, and she is roughed up by her captors. My only questions is, at what point in the game does she come into contact with Chris? She won't know who he is, and he has never seen her, so...maybe that's how it plays out. But I bet she'll hear his last name and recognize the relation to Claire. (Did Claire ever tell Sherry her last name...I don't remember her doing so in RE2...) But what happens to Sherry after their interlude? Chris seems to always be with Sheva, so I don't think Sherry will be a tag-along in the same sense as Ashley Graham.

Wesker...he's got G, T-Alexia, a placebo of Las Plagas from Ada (did he eventually get the real thing though? I doubt he trusts Ada anyway), and now he's after the progenitor. Does Wesker have the T-Virus though? And what is he infected with, exactly?

I don't think Ada will be involved in this game. She seems to be a Leon plot device more than anything. Much like Wesker / Chris, I think Ada / Leon is the other significant RE pairing (and this has nothing to do with that "shipper" fan fiction...haha).

I am really looking forward to the final Wesker / Chris showdown. I can't get enough of their faceoff at the end of CVX (though it could have been more epic). I can't see anyone other than Chris defeating Wesker, and with Wesker's focal point in REUC being Chris, I see Capcom setting the stage for their final confrontation.
    Last edited by Jill's Boob; 08-20-2008, 03:28 PM.

Comment

You're right, but no only her face shape, her skin tone it's different of Ada's.
      I don't know i'm expecting that RE5 at least mention her at any file... or Chris says something about her... maybe RE6? If there's any...

Comment

Think about it, Jill can't apear in this game, there woun't be three heros in the game, it would be confusing

Comment

Originally posted by himher_elle View Post
          Think about it, Jill can't apear in this game, there woun't be three heros in the game, it would be confusing
          Not necessarily. Isn't Ada a "heroine" from RE4? She didn't do much in that game, either. "Assignment Ada" was an extra, and it wasn't until the "Separate Ways" game was released that she became more integral.

If Jill is undercover / brainwashed / etc, she could have a key part in the game (still). Maybe her scenarios are unlocked post-game, or extra levels for her are released at a later time on the usual "special edition" or "final edition" of the game. Capcom loves money, you must know that...so I am sure this incarnation of RE5 will NOT be the only one.

But Jill's presence in this game is highly unlikely. I still can't help that feel that lower half of a face sure does look like Jill's Remake+ model...
          Last edited by Jill's Boob; 08-20-2008, 07:41 PM.

Comment

You people are putting way too much thought into this. Far more than I'm sure Capcom has.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
              You people are putting way too much thought into this. Far more than I'm sure Capcom has.
              Sadly, you are most likely right.

But, we can let our minds run rampant with the possibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
                I don't think Ada will be involved in this game. She seems to be a Leon plot device more than anything. Much like Wesker / Chris, I think Ada / Leon is the other significant RE pairing (and this has nothing to do with that "shipper" fan fiction...haha).
                True enough....but keep in mind...Degeneration broke Leon away from Ada so techinically they don't have to be paired together. I understand the thought behind it though. If Ada was to be in the game, people would want Leon so they could see how the relationship progressed.
                sigpic
                Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
                  True enough....but keep in mind...Degeneration broke Leon away from Ada so techinically they don't have to be paired together. I understand the thought behind it though. If Ada was to be in the game, people would want Leon so they could see how the relationship progressed.
                  Well, my guess is that with "Degeneration," they sought to explore Leon and Claire pairing up again. And Ada showing up probably wouldn't have made much sense, storywise.

Besides, Leon's already gonna have his hands full flirting with Claire and that "Angela" S.R.T. woman. There can never be enough women to fall prey to the super suave secret agent Leon S. Kennedy.

God, do I utterly despise Leon.
                  Last edited by Jill's Boob; 08-20-2008, 11:10 PM.

Comment

All these suggestions are so enticing, it's making me itch to play the game!

I've noticed that in many pictures, the sleezy "fireworks" guy looks very down and out when he's with the masked girl. Is it too far-fetched to believe this guy could be the "brought back" Steve Burnside? It might make very convenient sense that him and Sherry are both being ordered around by Wesker considering they were both taken by him. This would be the reason I believe Sherry (girl in the red dress) to be the masked girl.

Maybe, in the red dress scene (in the new trailer), Sherry doesn't have her mask on and is being reprimanded by Wesker or the classy white dress lady for not obeying orders to their high standards. Maybe, then, she tries to run away and Chris finds her. I'm know Chris is well aware of William Birkin according to the fax Claire gets in the police station in Resident Evil 2, and the fact that his sister rescued Birkin's daughter (Sherry).

I feel like I'm seeing all different forms of the virus in this game. Could the flying things be T-Veronica?

What if this game is just a big melee of story conclusions to a bunch of characters brought to the same place? This game has WAAYYYY more leading and supporting characters than Resident Evil 4 leading me to believe RE5's plot is going to be HUGE compared to the sparse storytelling in RE4.

Hell, seeing Chris mention Jill in one trailer, maybe she is in the game and being held by Wesker in Africa. That could be an alterior motive to Chris taking the mission.

Thoughts?

Comment

I agree with you about RE5 having a grater plot than RE4, and I'm totaly convinced it will revel a buncho of secrets from the series; but I totally desagree with you about Jill being in this game, I think she will apear in flashbacks, but not on the game, or maybe... at the end she comes and rescues Chris, but nothing more

Comment

Originally posted by Cellardoorsolar View Post
                        All these suggestions are so enticing, it's making me itch to play the game!

I've noticed that in many pictures, the sleezy "fireworks" guy looks very down and out when he's with the masked girl. Is it too far-fetched to believe this guy could be the "brought back" Steve Burnside? It might make very convenient sense that him and Sherry are both being ordered around by Wesker considering they were both taken by him. This would be the reason I believe Sherry (girl in the red dress) to be the masked girl.

Maybe, in the red dress scene (in the new trailer), Sherry doesn't have her mask on and is being reprimanded by Wesker or the classy white dress lady for not obeying orders to their high standards. Maybe, then, she tries to run away and Chris finds her. I'm know Chris is well aware of William Birkin according to the fax Claire gets in the police station in Resident Evil 2, and the fact that his sister rescued Birkin's daughter (Sherry).

I feel like I'm seeing all different forms of the virus in this game. Could the flying things be T-Veronica?

What if this game is just a big melee of story conclusions to a bunch of characters brought to the same place? This game has WAAYYYY more leading and supporting characters than Resident Evil 4 leading me to believe RE5's plot is going to be HUGE compared to the sparse storytelling in RE4.

Hell, seeing Chris mention Jill in one trailer, maybe she is in the game and being held by Wesker in Africa. That could be an alterior motive to Chris taking the mission.

Thoughts?
                        Fireworks guy doesn't look "down and out." When he's riding in the car with the masked woman, as the camera zooms in on her face, you can see he is smirking. The masked woman is more than likely the bodyguard for "Fireworks" and "Healthy Lungs" (white dress).

I doubt they'd bring Steve back to life. Though nothing is impossible...why would he be in a game without Claire?

Blonde in the red dress looks small and frail. And her face is exposed. Why would she need to wear a mask at other times? And since the masked woman is apparently a bodyguard / henchwoman of sorts, why would she be getting beat up like the blonde appears to be? What makes the most sense is for the masked woman to be the stasis tube woman. They're both wearing black, and if a bodyguard is supposed to be really bad@$$, then someone spending time in a stasis tube probably has some sort of genetically (viral?) enhanced powers. Perhaps they've perfected the infusion of Tyrant powers into normal looking people, thus tube woman looks normal? Or, if it's Sherry, then her infection with G is being monitored and kept in check while she floats in her tube...

Chris will know of Sherry's existence, but I doubt he'd know what she'd look like after 10 years...especially since all he knows of her is hearsay and possibly a childhood photo (if there were any available, that is - though the Birkin family's possessions were probably all nuked along with RC).

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
                          Chris will know of Sherry's existence, but I doubt he'd know what she'd look like after 10 years...especially since all he knows of her is hearsay and possibly a childhood photo (if there were any available, that is - though the Birkin family's possessions were probably all nuked along with RC).
                          You're forgetting something - this is Resident Evil. Leon, after not seeing Ada for 6 years (or so we know) not only knew how she looked, but also knew she was working for Wesker.
                          I wouldn't be suprised if Chris would perfectly know how Sherry looks like now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
                            You're forgetting something - this is Resident Evil. Leon, after not seeing Ada for 6 years (or so we know) not only knew how she looked, but also knew she was working for Wesker.
                            I wouldn't be suprised if Chris would perfectly know how Sherry looks like now.
                            Leon had seen Ada 6 years prior AND she was also already an adult when he met her. Nothing changed about her - not her hair, not her face, and not even her preferred clothing color. The only thing unrecognizable about Ada was the fact that she became a Matrix wire-fu ninja who runs around in high heels and uses a grappling hook to swing through the sky like Spider-Man.

Chris has never even seen Sherry in the first place, and physical features change slightly from age 12 --> 22.

Comment

Hmm....

Comment

Uh uh, i don't think so.. look at her lips... they are bigger for the tube girl...

Comment

Working...
                                X