Warhammer Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warhammer Online

Anyone else gonna get this? The NDA was lifted, hurrah. Most impressions I've read so far seem quite positive. The public quest feature sounds useful as anyone in the immediate area can join in the fun. It can be annoying in other MMORPGs finding a group all the time (FF grindfest XI comes to mind). Not sure if it will be WOW-killer but it might put up a decent fight.

I love Warhammer. I've got a Fantasy Army (Orcs) and three 40k armies. But I despise MMORPG's. It's gonna depend on if enough of my friends can bully me into playing, which is gonna involve bribery.

I can feel some new units comming my way...

Comment

Age of Conan was a bust for me which I had alot of hopes of being decent.
      Not got much hope for Warhammer, only know one guy who's getting it and he's in a proffesional guild already, and frankly despite being out of work right now theres probably 100 ways of me wasting time then spending 20+ hours a day grinding out levels with little or no payoff.

Comment

I only play MMORPGs for fun. I don't know why everyone has this idea that you need to grind to play an MMORPG. I think that started with Everquest... Ultima Online, now there was a real MMORPG, but due to the general population being idiots (and unfortunately paying customers) changes were implemented that didn't benefit the game. You can't just change to a different game system mid-game! So then Everquest took over and unleashed it's spawn and now you have the MMORPG situation that is today... grindfests that make it feel like players are accomplishing something when they're not, they're actually missing out on life. SWG gave us hope (many UO devs worked on it) but unfortunately the exact same thing happened - and I quote "Nancy MacIntyre", SWG's senior director:

We really just needed to make the game a lot more accessible to a much broader player base. There was lots of reading, much too much, in the game. There was a lot of wandering around learning about different abilities. We really needed to give people the experience of being Han Solo or Luke Skywalker rather than being Uncle Owen, the moisture farmer. We wanted more instant gratification: kill, get treasure, repeat. We needed to give people more of an opportunity to be a part of what they have seen in the movies rather than something they had created themselves
        Now that ain't right! I don't know about you but someone like that working on a game I play makes me feel a little scared and not just for myself..

But MMORPGs are still fun regardless that's why we all still play them. You don't need to invest your whole life though to "be the best" you can be the best outside of the game (and in your own way).

Comment

Working...
        X