IGN Interviews Masachika Kawata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IGN Interviews Masachika Kawata

Another day, another Kawata interview. This time, IGN steps up to the plate and speaks with him. The details from the interview are:
    • The team is working on how to increase the suspense and tension. He notes that when a character is traveling through a dark tunnel, you can hear the pitter-patter of rats walking around in the tunnel, which generates tension in the player
    • 5 contains the same number of death scenes as 4 did, but they may need to tone it down for certain countries
    • There are stages that are based on a puzzle and after that is "something that is beyond your imagination"
    • 5 will not take the Dead Rising route of pitting you against hundreds of zombies at a single time
    • He equates the dog jumping through the window in Resident Evil 1 with the executioner stalking you through buildings, and mentions the cave scene where you have to walk around with only a torch
    • Kawata is looking forward to EA's Dead Space and enjoyed Bioshock for its horror elements

You can read the full interview at IGN, thanks to Archelon for the heads up!

...I'm getting more and more intruiged. If only they'd show some of these things in gameplay. First horror is returning, and they're even working on cranking it up, and now puzzles?

...if you're reading this, Capcom Man, well done! Remember the exploration and we're all set.

Comment

No kidding eh? Its giving me hope ;) But I don't think there will be much exploration. They've said already that it will progress in stages much like RE4 did. But I don't mind that so much. Exploring the village areas was pretty fun the first time around.

Comment

I don't think that puzzles fit with the gameplay - I believe that they belong to the old fashioned RE games. However i am glad that the horror element is back
        sigpic

Comment

I'm getting more and more interested in 5 with each passing interview and such. Hopefully it'll live up to all the hype surrounding it. I can't wait to mess around in coop with a friend, both of us screaming into the headset on the horror style sections haha.

It'll be interesting to see how scary they can actually make the game without there being too much of a jerk between the action sections and the horror. A sudden change like that might break up the gameplay =/

Comment

Yeah, I know that exploration is unlikely. But I can hope they'll at least be some variety rather than having it be completely linear.

There were puzzles in RE4, and plenty of places where they wouldn't have been out of place as well. After all, it was a village run by paranoid infected people. Strange puzzles are not out of the question. The few they did throw in, however, were pathetic. Since it was one of the three themes that attracted me to RE I'm glad, very glad, to hear it's back. I always prefered the first Silent Hill to the first RE purely because the puzzles left me stumped for hours, even days on occasion.

Comment

Woah, I'm extremely hyped for 5 now. Horror and puzzles returning!? YES! Thank you Capcom! Also, "something that is beyond your imagination" huh? Sounds exciting!

Comment

This all great news and makes me really interested in the game. Hopefully all of these promises are delievered come march.

Comment

Yes! i hope this is real! RE4 lacked of horror, so let's see what RE5 brings up ^^

Comment

I'm trying to figure just what this means.

5 contains the same number of death scenes as 4 did, but they may need to tone it down for certain countries

Comment

Some deaths will be the same like when Leon in RE4 just screams and dies lying on the floor. Some others will be censored depending on the country's laws.

Comment

I assumed it meant stuff like getting his head sliced off, eaten by a mutant fish, crushed by El Gigante etc.

Comment

Um, guys, it simply meant that Resident Evil 5 will have a number of death scenes for Chris around the same number RE4 had for Leon, give or take a few.

Except that now with stricter board restrictions, the death scenes will be not be as gruesome as they would have had been/were planned as in some countries(I.E. Germany).

Comment

It gets beter and beter, I want it now!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by himher_elle View Post
                              It gets beter and beter, I want it now!!!!!
                              I am with you buddy
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X