Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A-J View Post
    what's their source ?
    It's 2ch, so probably someone got drunk and whispered a few words to someone that ended up on the site.

They're notorious for posting bs 99% of the time. A bastardized remake of RE2 at this point would be ridiculous, then again, given Capcom's track record, it can't be ruled out completely. A new old style game on the other hand would be a welcome.
    Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 08-27-2008, 08:26 AM.

Comment

I'd take a remake, if they treat it the same as the REmake. Especially of 3. I think it could really benefit from the new control scheme, myself, with those high, narrow alleyways for enemies to climb down...

RE2 with Crimson Heads and a few tweeks would be sweet.

As for the armoured knight, anything is possible, if this is real. It could be Birkin, or some creation that was in the labs and broke loose during the outbreak. The image it conjours up, though, is the knights in RE4. That would make me cry.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis556 View Post
        which will be released exclusively on Nintendo Wii.
        No no no no

Comment

It does sound too good to be true. Though I would love a remake...adding more story elements would just create further plot holes rather than clean them up. I'd rather see the story progress through 5 and end rather than have the old games constantly remade (Final Fantasy anyone?)
          sigpic
          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

I doubt its true, 2ch has a history of posting bullshit. The only time they are right is that rare instance between the 99% BS they put out.

Comment

If it was true, cvxfreak would be all over it on neogaf.

Comment

hmmm sounds like BS to me.
                I'd love a next gen remake using the RE4 engine of RE2, but if i've learned anything about the Wii from the dead rising movies so far is that it won't hold up well with mass amounts of detailed zombies on screen in the city areas and so on, so they should cut their losses and go for a 360 or PS3 remake.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                  hmmm sounds like BS to me.
                  I'd love a next gen remake using the RE4 engine of RE2, but if i've learned anything about the Wii from the dead rising movies so far is that it won't hold up well with mass amounts of detailed zombies on screen in the city areas and so on, so they should cut their losses and go for a 360 or PS3 remake.
                  Except RE2 never even came close to having the amount of zombies that Dead Rising did. There's no reason for them to up the count for a remake. At most, they could have the same number of zombies as there were Ganados in RE4, and that would be more than enough. Not to mention, the zombies would be just as detailed, if not moreso, as the Ganados.

Comment

re2 with re4 control scheme would be awesome

Comment

As with most projects birthed from the congealed womb of the Generation-X controlled realm of "modern thinking", I'm skeptical about this, and hopeful that it'll fizzle out as another debunked rumour. RE2 is fine as it is upon the pedestal we have mounted it on, allow it the dignity to remain there as a revered classic in our hearts, to serve as a constant reminder to us that our beloved series once possessed such greatness. At least at some point.
                      Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 08-27-2008, 12:01 PM.
                      See you in hell.

Comment

I think that the original re2 was great, why Alter it, other then maybe adding another boss, or some more area's and maybe some additional side stories like the 4th survivor and the battle game, Crimson heads would be cool, but detailed lickers would even be sicker, maybe add a few new weapons, more costumes (I like costumes lol, especially with a free gun) maybe play as Kendo or Marvin. Maybe add some of the RE 1.5 features and story...who knows, but really RE2 was amazing by itself

now when I played RE0 and you go into the lab(from RE2) for a brief moment and fight the tyrant, the environment looked good. And it was a total hit in the face to me when i saw that in RE0 after taking the elevator down from the mansion. I was like no way i can explore the lab from RE2...but then it was like totally shut down and you couldnt do so, but still it brought back good memories!
                        Last edited by Stars_g36; 08-27-2008, 12:09 PM.

Comment

If this happens, I'm never buying RE5. Or any other game, for that matter. This one will be all I need. Except maybe Pikmin 3.
                          Last edited by LeonsBuddyDave; 08-27-2008, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stars_g36 View Post
                            ...maybe play as Kendo or Marvin.
                            EVERYONE wants to play as Kendo.
                            See you in hell.

Comment

its only because you would every custom S.T.A.R.S. weapon at your disposal!

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis556 View Post
                                Popular Japanese gaming bulletin board, 2ch, has posted information on what looks to be a brand new remake of fan favourite Resident Evil title, Biohazard 2. For now, the posting lists the following features for the game, which will be released exclusively on Nintendo Wii. The details were alledgedly published in the latest Famitsu.
                                • Full Remake akin to Biohazard on the Gamecube.
                                • Some parts consist of Resident Evil 4 viewpoints
                                • New knight like ("swordsman") creature shown
                                • Additional story elements will be implemented

NB: It is unknown yet whether or not this is 100% confirmed.

Do you mind giving us a link to this post on 2ch? I've searched all over 2ch for Biohazard 2 or Resident Evil 2 and I can't find the post you are referring to. It would've been a good idea to link the source in your original post. =/

Comment

Working...
                                X